You're all actually playing watered down Retail WoW

You wouldnt know, they throw all the servers together now to make sure it doesnt feel like its dead.

Good point—never even thought of that. I didn’t play past WotLK I never really experienced them merging on that big of a scale.

They need to merge some of the Classic realms as well…I don’t know why they aren’t doing it.

1 Like

Trying to decide if they’ll get more hate for leaving some of the Classic realms dead, or if they merge them after using layering to bolster the populations so they wouldn’t have to merge them.

Lose-lose situation.

i’ve done all these things LOL. it’s not hard, at all.

6 hours a day is all it takes.

I always find these post intriguing. Many say that something isn’t or is ‘difficult’. How are you defining ‘difficult’?

you’re confusing them with the classic honor PvP system.

edit: also, we can see your achievement via your profile…

1 Like

I quit BFA along time ago due to how bad it was so it was not recently. It was back when 10s were considered somewhat difficult to the slower crowd.

Gameplay is subjective. Being a class and not play a spec, as well as professions that add to it, is what makes classic amazing. Retail stripped that away over the years.

1 Like

because having multiple accounts is not a thing…

lel

:rofl: Retail is insanely easy. I leveled so many toons to 120 I was ready to quit until Classic came out where I have only leveled 1 toon to 60 and keep playing her because I am having fun.

This gets my vote! Raiding accounts for so little of the actual time played.

I pay my subscription to “play the game” and socialize of course. We all know Classic is where it’s at for community.

When I log into retail I can play all day without whispers to do stuff. I sometimes find it overwhelming in classic to logon and get multiple whispers. Much nicer me thinks.

1 Like

WoW never made sense to play competitively. Do you have any idea how weird it is that a ROLEPLAYING game is trying to capture an E-Sports audience in the first place? Let alone half-succeeding, like WoW is? I can name you every genre better suited for e-sports than RPGs and that list includes every multiplayer genre other than RPGs. Retail WoW is surreal that way.

1 Like

of course. and you’re conveniently posting on the one account that go 0 achieve whatsoever.

but sure dude. success in M+ and mythic raiding is nothing but time-based. everybody that get cutting edge know that… /s

1 Like

I agree. Now that everyone is level 60 its the same experience as retail without the QoL.

This really isn’t true. Classic is a very good representation of what I recall from back in 2006 when I started. In retail, everything happens quickly. Dungeons are typically over in less than an hour. You can pretty much predict how much time it’ll take to level. Mounts happen much earlier. Gathering resources, and managing inventory are significantly more efficient… Sure, many of these are “QoL.” Others are fundamental differences in how the game is actually played.

Before Cataclysm, you had to bounce from zone to zone to quest. Travel took time, and wasn’t convenient. Your bags would get plugged up, which meant you either had to sell off, or mail off your goods. Gear only came with work. You had to either farm dungeons, farm honor or craft your way to greens, blues or epics.

You can grind your way to max level in retail very quickly, and have close to full epics within a few hours of dinging.

In classic, it’s about the journey. If you’re not playing it that way, you may be missing the point.

1 Like

Uhhh, I dunno about you but my dungeons in Classic aren’t taking over an hour, ever.

Correction: My dungeons outside of a complete BRD run haven’t taken over an hour. My first full BRD run months ago took like 3 hours.

I definitely agree with you here, but I apply this to all games.

The irony is that you, yourself, explained why they’re not the same game:

But I disagree about “worse”. We know they’re two different games.

Well retail is never ending. You can be geared now but not in a month. Atleast in classic we know there’s in a way a finish line.

2 Likes

Yes, many dungeons themselves can be cleared in an hour or less if things go smoothly. My play time is limited, which I think most of us can say. That being said, forming a group and traveling counts (especially on a PvP server.) So yeah, running dungeons is more of a commitment in Classic than it is in Retail.

I’m glad you pointed out BRD as a long one… but if you think about it, many dungeons can take longer if you do full clears. Large portions of Scholomance get skipped. Stratholme and BRS are usually split. Even Zul’Furrak has large parts that are ignored.

I think people forgot how badly classic was designed and how much of an improvement they made going into burning crusade.