Your worst fears of Midnight

Trolls called first dibs, therefore every race on Azeroth has to live at the troll’s mercy and the trolls decided the elves should die.

Trolls be like: This is our land!!!Reee!

The elves be like: I don’t see your name on it :rofl:

Original Kalimdor was eastern parts ruled by the trolls. There was plenty of space on the western part of the continent. Not the trolls fault the elves chose imperialism that day.

I’d be fine with either of those.

I hope after Evokers flopping hard they won’t repeat the random buttpulled class exclusive to a single buttpulled race again.

Give me something that every race can learn that’s also not just edgy boi 3.0.

I think that’s why blizz is opening up the dracthyr to be able to be play the other classes in TWW

The race is clearly popular just not evoker

1 Like

Give me a ninja class.

you already have rogue.

I want bards.

Chloromancers and Bards were great in RIFT

I like how people here talk about it’s not fair to grab land and perhaps it’s not. But nobody ever was stopped because of that. Ever. It was just a question of interest. Fact is, anyone who has the power to take and hold a land is the owner.

Yeah, even with Augmentation being absurdly broken it’s still not enough to get people playing them. It was a waste of a new class when we could have gotten something players actually wanted.

Dracthyr as a race seem more popular than diaper gnomes and fat humans at least.

1 Like

This is fake news narrative. The Trolls did harm the Elves before. There was an entire war between the ancient Empire and the trolls. The trolls were stomped and allowed to retain their lands only by Queen Azshara’s grace. Either way, there was already some bad blood between the two races long before the High Elves founded Quel’Thalas.

My unpopular, but needs to be said opinion: The two becoming canonical childless dried-up husks was the point-of-no-return for all things wrong with Blizzzard’s treatment of the Night Elves. And this is coming from someone who thinks that Tyrande and Malfurion are two of the most asinine characters to ever exist in the Warcraft franchise ever since their WC3 days.

2 Likes

Honestly if we get a new class in Midnight it should be spellbreakers.

Spellbreaker tank spec, Spellblade melee spec would work and be suitably elfy for an elf themed expansion.

Just have the elves teach other races to do it as well. There are elves on both factions now that know how to do the things.

2 Likes

Either of which would be very, very easy to do in The Last Titan, tbh. Northrend is both “The place where the undead are” and “The place where the ancient titan machinery is.”

5 Likes

I think most people view it through a modern lens and don’t take the time to think about how different things were back in history, or in a setting like this.

There are plenty of examples of peoples expanding and waging war for the sake of empire, or in the name of religion, and these are clearly bad. But there are so many examples of peoples moving into already claimed land and taking over not because they are evil conquerors and colonizers, but out of very real necessity for their own survival. There are so many examples of this such as the various german tribal confederations moving westward into the roman empire because of the land being to inhospitable and cold, or the dozens upon dozens of nomadic peoples fleeing the ever expanding huns and mongols, or even more simply sometimes a society has simple grown to large for the land they live on to sustain them.

It is easy to look back with modern morals in a life where we have it so much easier and wag our fingers at this kind of stuff, but it’s rarely so black and white.

4 Likes

Well, it does not matter, how we see it. It matter how it is in Warcraft. But if we start to look who really has claim, we have to keep going further and further into the past until we run into deities and nightmare monsters. So let’s stick to how it works - who can conquer and hold a patch of land, owns that patch of land.

1 Like

“It’s just a game. Don’t take it so seriously!”

“Look at the real world. It’s not a big deal. Both sides are bad.”

Everything is so black and white with you, isn’t it?

1 Like

My worse fear for Midnight?

Shoehorning everything to Void Elves and / or the Windrunners & their followers, with the Blood Elves being nothing more than support characters. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

What worries me is that an elven leader dies.:scream:

I have a feeling it will be a blood elf (Lor’Themar ?)…