Your worst fears of Midnight

Write here in the worst thing you can imagine what Blizzard could come up with in Midnight. I am curious for you to share your worries.

7 Likes

A level / stat squish when Remix shows the servers can handle larger numbers.

5 Likes

I suppose it would be them just straight up destroying Quel’Thlas in it’s entirety, leaving the Blood Elves as a refugee population.

9 Likes

Sylvanas comes back as a heroic figure to save her homeland from her sister who has fallen to the void.

Not because of the plot point itself, but because of the sheer amount of complaining that would arise.

15 Likes

Hmmm, only these come to mind and they are the only stuff on my mind now as I play WoW, waiting for the expansion:

• No update to the Classes VFX even with the new Hero Talents. (God, DK needs it soo bad IMO… compare to other CLasses!)
  • No Chromatus or Twilight Dragonflight
  • No real ending, after the end of World Saga. (Finished it with another looming thread instead of start to develop a new story forwards)
  • Horde Villain batting yet again after teasing Alliance inner corruption (if it even exist within its faceless and nameless nobility).
  • No DH 3rd spec and 3rd Hero Spec or other at least elven races. No Meta customization. No flying as a DH Class?..this is long over do and the lore supports it even before Drakthyr a created to have this racial. Vengeance Meta should even have his fiery wings in when gliding, I seen the assets for it… why it’s not added yet?
  • No new lore or new Assets created that would benefit the Players Gameplay and Avatar - Racial and Player Preference Identity (Religion or Racials VFX for certain wielders of Orders of the Light or Shadow Cult associated Classes like Priest, Shaman, Paladin etc)
  • No option to be a Human or Nightelves Worgen… I like to see other races too if possible but Nightelves are long over do to be an Option.
  • No Evokers Visages for other races… OH almost forgot!! THINKER BIGGER more Draconic looking Drakthyr… they skinny lizard look is fine but I like to look a bit more like Drakonids if possible, maybe adding a body option num. 3?
  • No expanded Runeforging for DK, maybe add Necromacy, Fleshcrafting and Rune Carving you know like a minor version to access to Death Theme engineering, Augmentation or Healing (Runeforging update should have happend in SL or after it… WE HAVE UNLIMITED ACCESS it the FREAKIN SL and its main Covenant Leaders for God sakes, its literally the source of a DK’s Power we even have Fire in the Maw and DK are not even accessing this!? And DK are STILL using the same VFX and runeforging since what? Legion… COME ON, lore wise it makes no sense DK updates have been so minor, even visually IMO!)
  • NO expand to the Forsaken body options, like again they have access to the Shadowlands… why are they still walking zombies when they can now fleshcraft themselves new bodies?
    Give them Darkfallen skin for humans, add skeleton, lich, Ghost form or Slime skeletons forms to them… Use Kutirian Skeleton to give em access to Abomination look! C’mon the lore is open the pandora box WHY the Forsaken and DK can’t be updated with more Body Option?!
    I know it takes A LOT of dev time to even make some of these PC playable… but if anyone could pull it off its Blizz… (IMO)

That’s all I got for now… :rofl:

This is my last edit I swear! :joy:

6 Likes

You stole mine and I would be one of those complaining about the plot point.

I know she’s going to come back for Midnight and help save the day. It’s inevitable. I just hope she dies for good.

Also no good ranger mogs for hunters in Midnight will make me rage and cry.

9 Likes

Can she come back as a hero so that the light purges her from existence? To set up the light as the big bad towards the end on the saga.

2 Likes

That we don’t actually explore Quel’thas but we’re sent to another planet. :rocket:

…I might’ve held funny ideas when Shadowlands opened above Northrend thinking the undead hordes were a focus. :robot::thought_balloon:

3 Likes

Rommath dying is my biggest one. As the only blood elf character left with a less than glowing opinion of the Alliance, these devs are really going to have to fight their instincts when Silvermoon gets neutral-ized. That in itself was a fear, but with Bel’ameth, Gilneas, and now Telogrus open to the Horde, it’s an inevitability IMO.

Disproportionate focus on the Alliance’s elves is another, but Blizzard blew Alleria’s main character billing on TWW so that’s a lesser fear. If we’re lucky TWW’s lopsided representation will pivot, or at least even out, when we return to a subcontinent dominated by blood elves, trolls, and undead. Big if, but hope springs eternal.

10 Likes

Ah Yes, WoW main characters, notoriously famous for featuring only in one expansion.

Looks at Sylvanas being the main character in Legion-BfA-Shadowlands.

Looks at Thrall being the main character in Cataclysm-MoP-WoD.

2 Likes

Anduin.

Now my worst fears for Midnight, is that the Amani will just be villains we fight.

7 Likes

Unless they’re Darkspear, you know the rest of the troll tribes are just story and dungeon/raid fodder as the game demands it. Sad as it is.

Other than that, I have no worst fears for Midnight because it’s so far away. I’m more concerned with how TWW is going to turn out first

2 Likes

I can only imagine Valeera’s old home if Anduin were to be included and if we’re exploring the elven lands. :world_map::robot:

But imagine how unstoppable they would be if they adsorbed Al’ar? :robot::magic_wand:

1 Like

So much can go wrong.

But two big points can be boiled down to treatment of the Blood Elves and treatment of the Amani.

10 Likes

Lor’themar becomes longgone’themar and bites the dust.

Alleria becomes fully corrupted.

Azshara becomes an ally.

Illidan appears with more one liners.

2 Likes

I’m sure they’ll milk a villain faction out of them - we won’t get a Zul’Aman zone with zero trolls to fight - but in this era of Warcraft storytelling I’d be far more surprised if we didn’t nudge a “friendly” sect of Amani towards ending their blood war with the elves.

5 Likes

That is actually my best take for it. I WANT Sylvanas to come back to us whatever it takes.

Put a certain poster’s Jaina stalking fantasy into canon.

1 Like

you mean an alliance character would finally get the treatment the Horde leadership got for the past 20 years? O h no the horror! :smiley:

Varian was the main character of MOP. You are being dishonest yet again.

The blood elves don’t need to be saved by Alleria. She means nothing to us. Sylvanas and the House of Sunstrider are the legacy of Quel’thalas.

Being a villains is not focus! Get that in your head.

4 Likes

I’d actually like a fakeout here.

Quel’thalas being the intro zone and then it’s a void expansion because at the end of the day we’re old hands at fighting off invasions and are cutting straight to the counterattack.

1 Like