Your worst fears of Midnight

You know, it’s funny. I read your post and I wanted to make sure I wasn’t spouting off anything false so I checked the wiki. I don’t have access to chronicles myself so I’ve never read it so if this is false I hope someone will please take the time to correct me! This is what I found though:

" Seeking to permanently end the aqir threat, the Zandalari knew that no corner of the continent could be left unguarded, and so the Zandalari convinced the most power-hungry of the troll factions to establish new and permanent strongholds across Kalimdor. At the forefront of these groups were the Gurubashi, Amani, and Drakkari tribes. After they had fully vanquished the aqir in their new regions, they could lay uncontested claim to the untouched fertile lands that they now lived in. The ambitious tribes listened to the Zandalari and readily agreed"

So, to reply to each of your own points.

1.The previous settlers did not leave. They were conquered, slaughtered, driven out.

1. They very much did conquer the lands from the aqir, and more than that, they were convinced by the Zandalari to establish new settlements across Kalimdor to stop the Aqir from returning to their conquered lands. The Amani very much did colonize.

I’m not trying to bully you, man. The story of the Amani is 100% a tragic story. A story where I can completely understand someone looking at it and seeing them as victims of colonization by the blood elves. However, I think this unironically one of the deeper more ambiguous parts of WoW lore. It’s so much more grey than how black and white it looks on a surface level. At the end of the day the Amani aren’t that different from from the aqir who came before them, or the blood elves who came after. It’s another chapter in a long story of war and conquest, in which both sides have committed grievous acts against the other. It’s a story of victims of circumstance.

K you missed important context here.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Aqir_and_Troll_War

Unable to properly lay the mountains under siege, the aqir were forced to retreat from the area, suffering significantly from raids and guerrilla actions carried out by the Empire of Zul. Kith’ix, seriously wounded during an engagement with the loa, fled to the northeast with some of its most important aqiri followers. It planned to retire for a time to recover from its wounds, while the aqiri swarm continued its war against the trolls.[9]

Though the trolls had successfully driven the aqir away, the Zandalari were aware that they still posed a potent threat to the continued survival of troll civilization in the future. The insectoids, if left unchecked, would continue to attack outlying troll territories, and it would only be a matter of time before they once more regained to strength to assault the sacred mountains again; and so, at the Zandalari’s behest, the other tribes moved out in force to hunt down the aqir. The trolls soon learned that it was not enough to simply defeat or kill the insects. If any escaped underground, they would establish a new colony, increase in numbers, and rise up again.

The trolls attacked the Aqir after they had retreated to new landa, After THEY started a war of extermination against the trolls.

Millennia later, his body was discovered by curious trolls who promptly conducted rituals and living sacrifices to reawaken what they believed was a loa. Awakening at these events and promptly slaying the trolls, Kith’ix made contact with the dormant aqir, who had remained hidden underground since the fall of the Black Empire He ordered them to begin to build up their numbers, and they created a vast subterranean empire called Azj’Aqir. Finally prepared, the C’Thrax drove the aqir into a frenzy and urged them to lay waste to the bustling troll civilizations, with the goal of pleasing the Old Gods and to begin cleansing the world for their eventual return. The aqir swarmed the troll lands and began systematically destroying the majority of smaller tribes.

The land you’re referring to is land the Aqir retreated to in order to launch another attack, not the Aqir’s indigenous underground land.

So, I read that, went back to check the wiki and I was indeed lacking some context so I gladly admit that I was not entirely right.

However, after reading more you once again seem like you’re being not entirely honest.

BlockquoteFinally, the Amani tribe had set out to the northeast, their goal to hunt down and destroy the aqiri leader, Kith’ix. They tracked the C’Thrax’s trail deep into the continent’s northeastern woodlands, encountering increasingly fierce resistance the closer they came. After cutting through legions of aqir, the Amani finally reached the insectoid general itself. In a savage and legendary battle, virtually the entire tribe threw itself at Kith’ix and his remaining forces in a suicidal assault. The C’Thrax, though wounded from the war’s previous conflicts, personally slaughtered countless trolls. Only a minute fraction of the tribe survived the terrible engagement, yet Kith’ix eventually succumbed to its tireless hunters. Though it had cost the tribe dearly, the reputation of the Amani became legendary among all the troll tribes for their heroic act. Atop the site where they had slain the C’Thrax, the Amani established a new settlement. In time, it would develop into the impressive temple city of Zul’Aman

I figured out how to properly quote! He did flee northeast into what would become Amani territory where it is made very clear the Amani pursued, killed and then settled on the land they killed Kith’ix in. Just be honest, you don’t lose anything by being honest. The Amani are still victims of a terrible fate. It’s just a whole lot more complex.

Nothing there contradicts what I just said.

Going back to this.

I was referring to the Black Emlire falling in the first place. But I thought Kith’ix was revived on Amani lands. Guess not. Still they had “first dibs.” They were there before the elves.

To consider the land the aqir retreated to to launch an attack, to be the same as the trolls’ native land, doesn’t sit right with me at all.

Hopefully we get to kill lots of trolls and elves and void beasts. More war and destruction. If we have to listen to some monologue about how sad the amani are they lost that would be very cringe and annoying. Zul is cool because he was unapologetic about being a psycho in his quest for revenge.

Given how they handled Gilneas where the Gilneans were not able to kill the lame as heck Scarlets by themselves I can GUARANTEE you Blizzard will do the same to the Blood Elves.

They will be made to look inept so Blizzard can prop up the Void Elves/Alliance as being needed to take on the Void because they have experience with it. Just like how they wrote the Gilneans as being inept to take on the Scarlets so they needed the help from the Forsaken who have experience with the Scarlets… :roll_eyes:

Blizzard gotta force that factions are friends now… but agreed on the rest, if those things happen I would be disappointed.

6 Likes

Void elves getting any focus in general honestly. But it isn’t avoidable.

4 Likes

Eastern Plaguelands not getting included in the overhauls, I guess. Really I care more about Azuremyst and Bloodmyst getting love to keep things a bit equal.

1 Like

Elves used to be trolls.
Same background.

‘First dibs’ is still a redundant argument.

Trolls laid claim to basically the entirety of Azeroth. There was basically no room for any other races without trolls giving up land. And there definitely were other races around at the time too, they just weren’t quite developed as they are today.

It’s basically just the first culture to develop far enough to make an empire gets to claim everything and everyone else just has to deal with it apparently.

Worst for me would be if:

• Dimensius gets no real time to shine or doesn’t appear
  • The Void ends up being a completely 2D force of evil with less depth than the Jailer
  • No new Old God lore
  • Iridikron dies before the Last Titan
  • No mention of Light-related threats
  • Permanent defeat of the Void
  • Xal’atath as the final boss instead of Dimensius
  • No mentions of the Argent Crusade or the Silver Hand
  • Tyr does nothing to help fight the Void
  • Less than 3 major hero deaths
5 Likes

They are not refugees. Nobody orpressed them. They simply refused to give up magic. Malfurion didn’t try to kill them. They are basically eco terrorists with their huge storm they caused in Ashenvale.

Here it is. Colonization apologism as long as the one who did it is white and not ugly or a monster. Bet you support Zionism too.

We all know if anyone dies it will be blood elves. Allliance heroes are protected by indestruictible plot armor.

Wrong. There was plenty of space in Kalimdor not claimed by anyone. How do you think the Orcs got Durotar and the Barrens?

They were literally exiled from Kalimdor. Are you even trying?

Losing land in a war you started is not colonization.

Yes it is. Israel will stand trial soon for all their crimes.

I wasn’t talking about Israel. Why are you trying to derail with real life stuff? Can’t defend your points without resulting to extremes?

It is literally the same situation. New people arrived and threw the trolls out with violence. Not to mention that huge firestorm which is basically a weapon of mass destruction.

It’s not. Refugees looking for a place to live were attacked on sight because of their race, the refugees managed to win the war and settled in a small section of land. Then those refugees just minded their own business for FOUR THOUSAND YEARS before they were attacked again.

The huge firestorm you keep whining about happened outside of a human fortress the trolls were sieging. It’s not like they went to a troll village and dropped it or something. Maybe don’t start wars if you don’t want to die while attacking enemy fortifications?

THEN GO TO KALIMDOR AND NOT TO LAND OWNED BY SOMEONE ELSE.

Lol utter delusion. You high elf defenders are nuts.

They waged genocide on the Amani easy as that.

It was a war crime.

Maybe don’t colonize the home of people who never harmed you before you started to draw new borders like the colonizer scum the high elves actually are?

The amani trolls harmed the high elves before they even settled.
So… eh… they did harm the high elves before the high elves “colonized”

This is pure headcannon. If the elves wanted to wipe out the Amani, they would have