Your worst fears of Midnight

Sylvanas was a faction leader in Legion, but I’d hardly call her THE main character …

Khadgar, Velen and Illidan were far more relevant in Legion than Sylvanas.
Oh look at that – They’re all Alliance races! :eyes: Funny that, eh? :thinking:

MoP?

Thrall only showed up when Vol’Jin reached out to him, simply to rescue his people from Garrosh’s tyranny — and then at the very end to conclude Garrosh’s story …

He wasn’t THE main character in MoP at all :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

• Additionally — Anduin, Varian, Vereesa and Jaina all had far stronger & more relevant presences in MoP than Thrall did …

It’s no wonder people call you out on being biased all the time. lol

9 Likes

Funny seeing this argument, but then people say WoD wasn’t a Horde expansion when the main focus of that was orcs… A Horde race.

The orcs from WoD even ended up joining the Horde while the draenei from WoD were villain batted off screen and will probably never be seen again. Plus Thrall survived the expansion while Maraad died 2 zones in.

1 Like

I think my biggest worry in regards to that last bit is not doing any of the northern
Eastern Kingdoms any justice in design. The could do so much with that half of continent but I worry they will put more focus on certain areas leaving the rest behind. The same goes for Northerend in TLT

Between that and neglecting any advances Belves have made since TBC, like having the anima golems and the partnership they have between the nightborne.

(Meant to say the partnership between Blood elves and the Nightborne, not Night Elves. My bad)

2 Likes

Oh i doubt anything past quel’thalas is getting redesigned, touching up lordaeron and gilneas would prob be too much work

1 Like

That’s only like 3 zones. I know Blizzard has been really skimping on the zones the last few expansions, but all the way down to just 3?

1 Like

I mean they are prob splitting new quel’thalas into new zones, i just don’t seem em doing 3 cities in an expac

Xal’atath will get a similar personality to Sylvanas from the BFA and SL days.

We won’t find out about her plans until The Last Titan.
She will always tell us how ignorant we are but she won’t explain anything to us.
Whenever we confront her, she runs away in the most ridicoulous way.

And if we get dialogue - Thank you, Champion. Everything you’ve done so far has only brought me closer to my success. - I’ll lose it.

5 Likes

oh God I can already hear the “we’re not so different, you and I…” trope

I hate that style of writing Blizzard has adopted lately. They don’t need to make the villain monologue and lay out their entire plan for us, but having no idea what the villain is even talking about like with Sylvanas, the Jailer, or the Primalists just sucks.

3 Likes

Oh god No :sob:

Suramar and Telogrus should be the Hub not Silvermoon.

1 Like

Yeah but it wasn’t really in a good way.
We steamrolled all of the most famed figures with ease, save except perhaps Blackhand – and backhanded just about the entirety of the orcs race on their home planet, in its prime.

That’s not to say it wasn’t strongly focussed on orcs though, you’re right.
Credit is given, where credit is due.

1 Like

My biggest fear for midnight is that the whole expansion happens during the day.

3 Likes

Good one yes.

Well, I have some.

The first is that they turn Turalyon or Alleria into villains. Being heroes in the history of the Alliance (those who have read beyond the dark portal know how cool the characters are). The idea of ​​Blizzard coming and ruining ANOTHER cool character simply because of a poorly written script scares me a lot. Those who have already been, were enough: Kael, Illidan, Garrosh, Yrel, Sylvanas, etc. All this to replicate what Arthas’s hero/villain turn was.

After that, it’s up to Blizzard to continue focusing on the same characters to tell their stories. Wow has a multitude of cool characters, and Blizzard has always been focusing on the same ones: Anduin, Jaina, Thrall… Every now and then others come along like Alleria now, or Lor’themar in BFA. But in general, the same characters are always explored, leaving no space for others. That’s annoying.

4 Likes

Alleria is gonna be a villain most likely, its signposted to hell and back that she’s going to lose it.

Turalyon is likely fine given it looks like they ducked out of the AU draenei story in lieu of going with Avaloren for the light fanatic enemy we’ll have to face down soon.

Another Amani villain bat. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Their biggest fault was that they didn’t want to share their home with elves.
But it wouldn’t surprise me at all. Blizz loves to repeat exact same story beats.

4 Likes

Zul Aman still being marked on the maps by the end of it.

It’s not exactly that. If you look at the Map trolls did leave lots of territories unoccupied. Then Nelves came and wanted to take entire world for themselves and already took over half of troll territories.
Then neles blew up the world and then the same highborne that were happy under Azshara come for more.

Trolls didn’t decide that elves should die, trolls were simply protecting their own borders from invaders. Elves pressed forward regardless.
Elves were in the wrong. They could’ve go elsewehre. They purposeflly choose Amani land.

Very funny.
That’s exactly what orcs said after they went though the portal but then Alliance wasn’t laughing.

And that’s what forsaken said when they entered Gilneas.

5 Likes

I know. When these topics go off the rails like they often do, gotta try to inject a little humor into it.

Hope you don’t think I was being serious :dracthyr_heart:

Forsaken: You foul beasts. This is our land

The worgen and their allies counter-attack

Forsaken: Whelp. Might have underestimated our enemy this one time. Yep! Defintely underestimated them! Need a new strategy!

It’s a good sign that we can joke about it though. Which is nice :dracthyr_nod:

1 Like