Your hope for Midnight

who honestly calls it X? come on now.

4 Likes

emerald mine fanboys or feds(what’s the difference wacka wacka)

2 Likes

I do, because I like being a contrarian.

I’d love to see this:

The enemy attacks [the new city of the Eredar] and the Sunwell at the same time. It’s a massive invasion, even more aggressive than the Legion’s.

Things get so bad that we manage to protect the Eredar but lose the Sunwell. Forces of the Horde and the Alliance come to Silvermoon to stop the invasion.

Some of the Amani embraced this new enemy as their overlord because they were promised the complete destruction of the colonizer Blood Elves. Talanji and the new generation of Amani Trolls have to deal with that. At the end of the zone, we get PLAYABLE AMANI FOR THE HORDE.

At the same time, it’s discovered that the [city of the Eredar] was infiltrated by the enemy. Velen gets the Krokul and Akama’s Draenei to help deal with this threat. At the end of this campaign, we get PLAYABLE LOST FOR THE ALLIANCE.

Another campaign deals with Turalyon and his Army of the Light. With help from the Infinite Dragonflight, he opens a portal and we get Yrel and Lightbound Garrosh to join the heroes. At the end of the campaign, ALL RACES CAN BECOME PALADINS and join the Army of the Light to save Azeroth.

Whatever happen next, im happy, i have been waiting 20 years for Forest Trolls and the Lost. Lets go.

1 Like

Cannonically, the Shadowlands are sealed off again to the living. The portals that you are going to bring up are game conveninces not lore mechanics… Otherwise Darnassus could have evacuated to the Exodar as wel.

1 Like

Correction. Gelbin was the elected High Tinker. Though it is not that simple, as the Gnomes of Gnomregon are a meritocracy—The High Tinker is the gnome the others agree is the most clever, with the best inventions to their name.

He was unilaterally made king of all gnomes by decree of Prince Erazmin as his last action before he relinquished his position. Which was a horrid decision.

2 Likes

So Gelbin’s best friend stages a horrific attack on the gnomes which allows Gelbin to consolidate power before dismantling gnomish democracy and becoming an autocrat?

Gnomeregan was an inside job, people!

3 Likes

I suppose my biggest hope for Midnight is that we see more of how the Elves of Azeroth are different and similar at the same time.

5 Likes

I wanna see what’s going on with whatever remains of the scourge, they should’ve resolved their leadership issue by now and it would be an interesting side plot if they make any moves during the chaos of the world being plunged into perpetual midnight.

2 Likes

Perhaps we can even see one of the Scourge Warlords that emerged after Zovaal’s death to align himself with the Forsaken. That would be one way to gain recruits since the Val’kyr are gone.

3 Likes

wouldn’t that fit better as a sideplot in Last Titan since it’s in Northrend?

Hasn’t the ghostlands been mostly cleaned up by now?

1 Like

The Mechagnomes complicate things. Unlike the Gnomes of Gnomeregan, the Mechagnomes were ruled by a hereditary monarchy. So Gelbin wears two hats that are typically seen as one.

Perhaps Midnight can involve a San’layn Scourge Warlord, in conflict with another local Scourge warlord - their story plays out in Midnight, with the loser retreating to Northrend, where they become part of another Scourge story in the Last Titan?

Then not only do we get the Scourge subplot about the scourged lands in Quel’thalas, focusing on the worldwide reach of the Scourge outside of its main territories, but it directly builds the next Scourge subplot that can then focus on the Scourge at large in Northrend. And that way, Midnight can pre-seed the other major Scourge Warlord names, so that the players know something of them before these bosses pop out of nowhere in the Last Titan.

(I do hope that any revisit of the Scourge in Northrend can try to retroactively build up the danger of the ‘Scourge unleashed’ that made Bolvar take the helm to prevent. The logic behind “There must always be a Lich King” was joked about even at the time it was said, but it is a cool line and I’d love to see why it was so important in-universe.)

4 Likes

Cause they can’t fleshcraft? The only thing the forsaken got from the shlands was the slime monster

1 Like

That’s make sense and I can understand that… But those that apply to the Maw Walkers or Champions?

Either way seeing Nathanos being upgraded to Darkfallen and Calia… it made sense to me that we as the savior of the Shadowlands could call a few favors to improve our Forsaken decaying bodies with a few more options… :laughing:

LOL nvm what I said even if a Forsaken or DK Maw Walker or Champion are not canon, who am I’m kidding I just want the Forsaken to have more cosmetic CC choices, I care about the lore and story but they in a close tie when it comes to more customization option so that players play their RPG fantasy in WoW IMO!!! :laughing:

Yes it does… for the time of the Maw Walker is done.

The Champion is like Moorcock’s Eternal Champion… called away to new challenges.

1 Like

WHAT, I SAVE POSSIBLY THE UNIVERSE AND I GET NOT EVEN AFTERLIFE BENEFITS, WHILE UNDEAD?!
Well good luck with the Void then! (joking)
:dracthyr_crylaugh:

My one true hope is that the expansion as a whole is decidedly above average, if only so it manages to avoid birthing the obvious joke:

“How did we not expect this? It had MID in the name!!!”

Seriously, it’ll be the next “small indie company” or “it’s not called Peacecraft”, something people repeat ad nauseam whenever they want to pretend to be clever.

The memes are valid really. Like Blizzard is too lazy to give bot factions their own intro into the next expansion so the less resources they need to spend here. Small indie company indeed.

If it sucks I’m absolutely calling it MID-night now. thanks.

2 Likes