Your hope for Midnight

I predict midnight will be the empire strikes back of this trilogy.

It will be the expansion where we will fail hard at stopping the main villain.

1 Like

Good. I rather lose Silvermoon before letting the alliance enter.

1 Like

You need to prepare yourself for that inevitability.

With Arator and Turalyon freely allowed in Silvermoon, and the High Elves of the Silver Covenant losing their home in The War Within, you can bet there’s going to be a homecoming of Alliance-aligned elves…and they will all bow to King Lor’themar and Queen Thalyssra.
:man_elf:t2: :woman_elf:t2:

1 Like

And that means it’s gonna become an Alliance city. There’s no Horde-driven story left. When the Alliance gets involved in a story that is supposed to be mixed, the Horde is relegated to a background decoration. So no, I’d rather not see Alliance elves in Horde cities and I don’t like that the other alternative is to nuke that city.

I thought they got rid of the Alliance fanboys and girls on the writing team.

3 Likes

I hope that the Amani Trolls are allies during the expansion rather than enemies, which is an easy one. But I hope that the matter of their “redemption” does not solely revolve around their relationship with their elven neighbors. After all, Zul’Aman was created after nearly the entire tribe heroically sacrificed themselves to take down Kith’ix. I hope the Zandalari and the Darkspears play a part in reminding the Amani about their legacy, before the race war with the Elves consumed them.

The events of Midnight are also described as:

Players will help reunify the scattered elven tribes of Azeroth and ultimately fight alongside the forces of the Light to banish the Shadow forever.

I wonder what these forces of the Light are, exactly. I hope that the various elven identities don’t lose their personal flairs in favor of more generic light worship.

1 Like

No I don’t. Alliance stays out. I will not see the lion banner waved in Silvermoon. I will kill every MHP and high elf trying to break in.

Arathi villain bat. If the Alliance isn’t going to get flaws, then I hope at least the Arathi are revealed to be a flat out light-fascist empire to be to the Alliance what the Iron Horde was to the Horde. They should be the final form of a male human paladin in nation form.

And honestly? I hope we just flat out stomp them even harder than the Iron Horde. Don’t even bother trying to pretend they are this unstoppable, massive threat. While they should still be formidable, I would love for the Horde and the Alliance to show them that they really picked the wrong fight.

6 Likes

I want cleansed Stratholme as the Alliance capital, not some orc infested Silvermoon ruins.

Lol well said I mean the Horde and Alliance have been battling each other keeping their minds sharp for any war, almost like a sparring war game Olympics… being in Azeroth or other worldly… As advance or powerful as this Arathi are written… they should be like Iridikron and Xal… not taking chances but if they do like you well said: They really picked the wrong fight!

It’s not mention directly but Alliance and Horde working together are basically unstoppable as I always seeing them covering up for what each faction is lacking… I would not be surprise that as more cities are work on and update we see the races different culture integrated in their building structures, armor, weapons etc…

I would not mind more flavored hybrids of other races too… My brother told me of Half Draenai/Orc appearing in the Draenei Heritage armor quest… so now we got Half-elves… and Half— um Draenorc? Next would be what… Tauren and Vulpera or Worgen + Vulpera? :yum:

EDIT: Found what the Draenorc are called in game: “Oshu’nei”

The draenei, hopefully. The battle between the light and shadow is mentioned in the Draenei race intro and hopefully Blizzard hasn’t forgotten that. And hopefully that isn’t just going to get taken over by humans.

1 Like

Metzen at Blizzcon talks about uniting the elven nations. And I hope that all elven tribes will be involved.

If the expansion is to be focused on protecting Sunwell, I would share the roles depending on skills. I don’t want only the Blood elves to save the world and the rest of elves, looking at everything from the sidelines, will humbly starts follow them. Let each elf have a task in this expansion.

Blood Elves Of course get the main roles and will be our strongest force fight off the Void invasion. Let them engage in direct combat and defense of Quel’thalas.

Void elves become researchers and scouts. Let them go on crazy missions into the heart of the enemy camp, sabotage plans and learn the weaknesses of Xal’atah and her allies

Let the Nightborne use the magic of teleportation, illusion, time and arcane to create as much chaos as possible in the enemy’s ranks. And let them fight shoulder to shoulder with the Blood Elves on the battlefield

Night elves act primarily as healers and supports. But their most important task will be protection of the Sunwell and cleansing it of every possible corruption. Elune could easily clear the pillar of creation and the Aspect from the Nightmare and she’s the creator of Na’ru whose heart is now the core of the well. So her magic should work perfectly for this task.

In this way, each group will have its own moment to shine, at the same time creating new and strengthening old bonds, which will show the whole concept of unification as something that comes naturally and not forced.

1 Like

I kinda hope that the night elves sit it out and its just the Thalassian elves + suramar elves (moon guard are fine, they can come)

2 Likes

I imagine it’ll be the Highborne who rep the night elves in MN. Their typical cast of characters would feel as awkward in Quel’Thalas as mine did in Amirdrassil, but Mordent Evenshade is sure to enjoy himself.

That said, I do want to see an acknowledgement of the incompatible philosophies that led to the night elf/highblood elf divide, because as far as the game is concerned it’s more told than shown. Maybe force Maiev to suffer through an adventure in Highborne wonderland; she’ll love that.

2 Likes

If the Kaldorei show up in Midnight, it is likely to be house Shen’dralar I would imagine. It be a great little link if Mordent and Thalyssra actually knew each other way back when.

3 Likes

If those are your hopes for Midnight I think you’re going to be sorely disappointed, friend.

I’d wager it refers to the Arathi, Draenei, and Blood Elves…and Humans.

Hopefully the latter appears in a diminished capacity. :face_exhaling:

1 Like

stratholme becoming a druid city, was originally thinking forsaken > human but I think expanding on the desolace restoration in a place like stratholme would be a nice experiment for the druids. Could even incorporate shamanism healing the spirits and have a crossover between calia and thrall occur there where they leave the city / land in a state for the druids to come in and replenish.

Twilight highlands restoration would be neat as well, let grim batol become a paladin sanctuary; maybe have xalatath do some anti light void mumbo jumbo so the paladins no longer find their haven sanctious, ironically turning to a fortress formerly corrupted by xalatath. Could expand on it and as the saga progresses you see them bolstering their ranks for their final conflict against the void. Could probably do something with the dracthyr in twilight highlands, the pits where those old god maws were and the caves seem like a decent place, and a synergy between the light and dracthyr would be very interesting as while a dracthyr isn’t really the type to be ridden the fantasy of a paladin and dragon working in unison is pretty cool.

She already got the hammer of character development in this subject.

Mordent is probably the safe choice as the highborne rep when it comes to Night elf npcs, but there is also the new Sentinel Mage of the heritage questline Lysanderoth Starshade.

But truth is, the one character i want to see in Midnight is Azshara. A void expansion focusing on elves seems to be her alley, after all, she still considers herself queen of every elf.

1 Like

Lysander might show up for sure, though he seemed a tad preachy to me.

1 Like

Agreed, though i dont exactly disagree with his ideas, but he just needs to mature a bit.