Your existing mounts will NOT be able to fly in the new expansion

I was very encouraged after watching all the videos yesterday.

I was leery that no one would specifically address this issue.

This is a deal breaker. What is the development teams mental block on this issue? A lot of us want to fly everywhere all the time. A lot of us that used to pay them to play WOW left because of this issue.

Why are the people that count the money letting them continue this anti-flying crusade? I can just hear the meeting. Ion, we make a lot less money than we used to in the past. We have given you many, many years to correct this. You have failed miserably. Why should we continue to employ you and your team?

8 Likes

Pretty sure the game would have come to the very brink of death if we had backed down during WoD about flying. You’re welcome.

7 Likes

two steps backwards, one step further backwards

3 Likes

Honestly, I think there needs to be a compromise. They should allow us to use our own mounts at the speeds we’ve unlocked. But maybe the dragons should go a bit faster than that because this is their home turf. Idk, just a thought.

2 Likes

flying is the third rail of wow, do not touch !

at a loss for words for how stupid this is unless they have data that making players pissed off is good for their bottom line.

sheesh!..

4 Likes

Ion has stated Evokers won’t fly, they glide, an improved version of demon hunter gliding but you’ll still need a flying mount in places that allow them.

That makes even less sense from a design perspective. Just make them like druids and call it a day, in my opinion.

2 Likes

You also will only be able to use your humanoid form when you ride the “new flying” dragon thing. He thought it would be “weird”. Just to put it out there.

All in the Hazel interview

Ion has 0 credibility with me so I don’t really care that he thinks its weird. What’s actually weird is dragon people not being able to fly because they’re dragons. lol

5 Likes

No no, i agree with you. Ion being made lead developer was blizzards biggest mistake. Man doesn’t learn, he likes to say he has, but yet again we see the same issues cropping up cause he thinks he knows what we want and that we just don’t understand.

6 Likes

Oh, he knows what we want. He just doesn’t care.

7 Likes

And players wonder why Blizzard just can’t seem to get the formula right… amazing. We (as players) make a statement (we want to fly from the start) and we are granted that (dragon flying) but now that is not good enough (see above quote). Blizzard can not be expected to hit the goalpost if we keep moving it.

Thank you Blizzard. What you have shown us so far looks amazing. I will continue holding out hope it turns out as well or better than it seems it could.

Except its not actually flying, its a minigame necessary to travel with forced restrictions and you have to both grind and unlock these timegated things. Thats not even nearly the same thing as what we say we want.

Especially when it comes out that none of this is likely account bound and eff your alts.

17 Likes

Initially it seems like crap of a system…

But… you still can’t fly in Korthia and people “survived”…

AND, this is the first time, I think, since WOTLK??? that you could fly on day one… pls correct me if I’m wrong.

People aren’t playing in Korthia…

6 Likes

Korthia was a half baked small annoying sub zone in a dead patch cycle, this is an entire continent we’re talking about. Also people hated the maw travel, they never would have unlocked other mounts had people been silent about it.

5 Likes

on Day one that is, you will be able to get Pathfinder after that, then you can fly whatever, they just want people to fixate on and ENJOY our customizable Dragon, Pimp My Dragon is gonna be LIT!

So no druid flight form?

4 Likes

How will druid forms work? Will druids get their own form for the zone?

Edit: me and Vam had the same thought process.

4 Likes

I would be fine if that were the case, but thats not been stated, other than all your mounts will be ground bound. I’d be fine with flying later in the expansion i guess if i had to be, and due to this immense backlash it probably will work out like that, but…for some freaking reason the dev team has a irrational hatred of flying and it needs to stop. they just don’t get it

3 Likes