Your existing mounts will NOT be able to fly in the new expansion

Well :poop:

RIP my fantasy of using the DS mounts in the dragon isles.

Edit: Better late than never I guess?:

99 Likes

I am fine with that if they eventually let us normal fly there.

If not. Unacceptable.

142 Likes

Just like torghast is to Shadowlands, dragon mount flying system will be a staple of Dragonflight

9 Likes

That’s a load of crap. I wanted to use my pretty blue dragon my friend gave me.

49 Likes

Ion had an interview with Hazel where he stated that dragon riding wasn’t going to completely replace our more traditional mounting options.

I suspect that they’ll open up the traditional stuff later… though the new one looks really, really good so I’m not sure (aside from using a favourite mount) why you’d want to use the old flying system.

Well, save for really long distances where you want to afk. haha

20 Likes

I see nothing wrong with this. they want the dragon riding to work in the isles. we can still use our mounts elsewhere. if the dragon riding is as fast an dynamic as they want, whats the difference? theyll probably change it somewhere down the road to let us use our other mounts, but still. very minor thing to grip about.

7 Likes

I have a two seater mount to help my directionally challenged roommate get around.

36 Likes

I do think that it’s hilarious that they don’t want players to fly SO BAD, that they put all this time and effort into developing an entire new system to replace flight.

Like, I honestly don’t get why the concept of people hovering in the air fills them with so much palpable rage.

It’s also really going to cause problems for me as I drag my second account around with me uselessly while I quest on both. Now I won’t even be able to use my two seater mounts on the GROUND?

75 Likes

As expected. I for one am greatly looking forward to this more immersive form of travel.

4 Likes

I think this is a bad decision. People have a lot of mounts they’ve earned and bought. Including some really nice dragons. We should be able to get to max dragon riding, then ride our other mounts and get free flying.

37 Likes

Yea. Apparently this:

…doesn’t count as a form of a dragon???

It’s literally Alexstraza’s handmaiden…

One of the central characters in the new expansion just straight up decided to screw one of her loyal followers. One of her handmaidens. That’s a big oof.

31 Likes

They say it will be like arcade play and that makes me worry about how skillful, how much time to learn, how much focus it will take to get across a zone.
Not everything has to be challenging and travel should not be one of them.

40 Likes

I had planned on farming up the remaining dragon mounts I don’t have for the new expac. I guess that doesn’t matter now.

15 Likes

I hope this new flight isn’t going to be something annoying like many of the flight mini games. I have a feeling the gameplay involved with flying the new dragons is going to annoy alot of people.

29 Likes

That’s a really lame move I will admit.

2 Likes

And Blizzard just lost my pre order…

Ion, you claim to be listing, open up your ears punk, here it comes…

WE WANT TO FLY WITH OUR MOUNT COLLECTION.

Stop with the passive aggressive approach to flight, we all know you don’t like it, I was here for WoD. It’s not about you, remember??

48 Likes

I wonder if mythic final bosses wont drop mounts in Dragonflight

I expect unique customizations for your dragon mount

1 Like

You know what “traditional stuff” I want? To be able to play the game freely without some kinda of system or restraint from day one like it was for the first 10 years(ish) in this game. One of those features was introduced in BC called flying and you got it when? Yep from day one at max level.

IF this dev team can’t handle that because of what ever ( I honestly don’t care anymore ). Then have them move to another team that will be better fitted for them. BUT enough is enough. So burned out on this crap.

17 Likes

I expect they will be drops that are RNGed out the wazoo.

I also expect that, since the customizations unlock when the mount is “max level,” that some players will skip out on that aspect completely because they’ll be puttering around in raids by the time the mount is maxed.

5 Likes