Your existing mounts will NOT be able to fly in the new expansion

when blizzard stops playing monkey paw games with their customers they win. When they intentionally add poison pills, they dont. They need to provide content that we like, not try to kick us in the nuts and make us line up with their regular bootlickers.

7 Likes

How do you boil a frog? you put it in cool water and gradually increase the temperature until he is cooked. Thats what they are doing here. they will give you pseudo flight and you will never see the thing you paid for ever again.

7 Likes

There’s an art team that designs those assets specifically. They aren’t pulling from raid or dungeon design. What affects those is money.

I’m not sure wow would still exist tbh.

You don’t already do this? I mean, I do it regularly . . . Um . . . LOOK! It’s Elvis! :crazy_face:

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

That doesn’t mean they can’t move all the mount artists to something more productive

I’d rather they work to their strengths and let the environment designers do their job. They have different departments. Blizz has hundreds of people on WoW alone and thousands in their company. The only reason there aren’t more instances is because the company decides that.

I don’t like this. Make traditional flying work, and dragon riding be an option for those who want it.

9 Likes

That’ll never happen. Too many people would whine despite forgetting they can do whatever they want without forcing their views onto other people.

1 Like

But your whine about a flight glider NOT FLYING so get your whine straight.

There is no “goalpost” to hit. I want to be able to ride my flying mounts AS flying mounts in the game I’m paying for. Unlike some, I don’t mind doing some quests, etc. to be able to use my mounts.

Dragon riding is fine. If I’m never able to fly on my regular flying mounts in the new expansion even after I train up my dragon, that’s a hard “nope” from me.

13 Likes

Final Fantasy 11 died from this disease too.

This is like saying a geologist should be moved into quantum physics just because theyre both sciences.

You obviously don’t read much of the forum do you?

You won’t be able to use your regulars mounts in the new expansion to fly EVER. They will only work as ground mounts for the ENTIRE expansion.

We are going to have to fight to keep flying again. This is Ion’s way of of getting rid of flying. Make folks use this new and improved system for two plus years and hope nobody puts up a stink.
Time to stand up once more together and fight!

4 Likes

Did you read the interview? All current mounts will only work as ground mounts for the ENTIRE expansion.

2 Likes

You don’t know that.

But on topic, I’m totally fine with not being able to use regular mounts if using the special mount is a lot of fun.

I bet this is an experiment and as soon as they figure out how to best revamp mounts in order to make using them fun in a modern setting they’ll start adding back those old mounts into these categories.

Yes I do. The interviewer asked the question about mounts currently in the game and was told all current mounts will be ground only for the entire expansion. I have see that link about ten times in the past three days.

Interview with Hazzikostas:

• Normal mounts will be useable on the ground, but not for flying at the start.

Are you referring to some other interview? The keyword there is at the start.

1 Like