Your existing mounts will NOT be able to fly in the new expansion

No flying as we know it now. It will only be gliding for the entire expansion.

Could you post this link because the only one I have seen is the one by Jeremy who clearly states we will not have our regular mounts fly for the ENTIRE expansion. All our currents mounts will act as ground mounts only.
This is how Ion will get rid of flying,.

4 Likes

True but I expect the worst and not get disappointed if it pans out that way. Blizzard could surprise me and do a good job.

he does not say that in his interview.

Yes he does. I have read Jeremy’s interview twice. He clearly states our regular mounts will only be able to be used as ground mounts for the entire expansion. There are several posts here that have the link to his interview.

Question: How is the dragon we get different from the other dragons we already own?

Sorry Albino Drake. I never use you anyway but your dragon brethren don’t want you either.

:dragon_face: sadge.

1 Like

this interview?

https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3639901

Because nowhere in there does he state that,

I hope dragon riding pisses off the metagaming dopamine addicts so much they quit the game forever. They don’t care about their mount collections. They just want to noclip fly to every single PoI/Quest/WQ without engaging with the new system, because they have the attention span of goldfish. This is good for the game in the long term. If you can’t see that, you are the reason the game is in the state it’s been in since WOTLK.

Well. That’s a bit bummy considering I just got the honor level 500 mount, but that’s okay. It’s a horse. So it can just run around if I feel like using it.

I’m picturing that quest from Mount Hyjal in the cave. Look out space bars across the world you are gonna take a beating lol.

We’ll see I guess. I wish I could be more optimistic about this and I’ll for sure wait until we actually have some details about the mechanics of it before I make any decisions but I do agree that now is the time for players to put forward concerns about it.

1 Like

At least we can fly in every other zone that had normal flight.

for now…how long before they get rid of that?

2 Likes

I doubt they’d remove our old mount functionality. Eitger upgrade them or not upgrade old areas. Besides the new flight looks cool

Well, that would be my curtain call because I’d be unsubbing and heading off to the Old WoW Players Home. Im unhappy enough as it is right now, that would be the very last straw.

2 Likes

They tried before and we pretty much burned down the forums/social media/unsub buttons… which resulted in pathfinder.

Water strider had one job… got fired.

They will try again. They hate flight.

6 Likes

Good. Please go. It’s time we got good actual flight in the game and not a glorified no clip cheat that never should have been added to the game in the first place.

It’s time for WoW to evolve beyond mechanics introduced in 2007. MMOs have evolved. It’s time for WoW to finally catch up.

1 Like

Go off about how “they’re going in the right direction” like every youtuber though. Go on…

Isn’t flight restricted at the start of every expansion?

You will get old school flying later in the expansion as always. At least in this expansion, you’re getting a new form of flying from the start.

They are going in the right direction.

Engaging Traversal Mechanics > Dum dum metagamerbrain convenience for the sake of making the chores easier.

It’s not even a hard decision. It should have been made over a decade ago. Flying should have never been added to the game.

Maybe the worst take ever.

3 Likes