Your existing mounts will NOT be able to fly in the new expansion

Everything has a chance of alienating people. This country is too afraid of change and it’s disgusting. You’ll never be safe, you’ll always be under threat, there will always be struggle. Stop screaming against change and just figure out how to adapt.

Maybe dragonriding is better at not getting dismounted or shot down. Maybe it’s a lot faster. Maybe all this aerial maneuvering is really fun.

Those are all reasons they may as well unlock account-wide regular flying once your first character reaches level cap. Then, if enough people prefer regular flying, their new system failed. They may as well find out sooner rather than later.

“His annoying arrogance and persistence to defy players wishes is mind boggling.”

You could be 100% right about his flaws, but it’s entirely possible that Blizzard has a better view of what ALL of their customers want than we do. For example, this place used to be loaded with complaints about how flying ruined the community. Maybe those people quit; maybe they’re close to coming back.

I take it when you say this country you are referring to the US. People are afraid of change all over the world. There’s nothing wrong with being concerned about certain changes. Blizz might be gambling with this feature because while it may bring in new players, those players are still going to have to like the rest of the game.

Fine by me.

I would be enjoying the new flying sistem. Thank you

1 Like

Well, i’ll just make some more mounts in zeth. I need one more spider, one more snail. I like those… :grinning: :heart:

1 Like

Your portrait is downright terrifying. :sweat_smile:

I looked your character up in the armory and you are still frightening. lol

Awesome mog! :heart:

1 Like

Enable dragonriding for all mounts. The drakes should be able to carry interest just from their art alone. They don’t need to force it.

if enough of those people leave you won’t have a game to play anymore.

5 Likes

No, No I’m not. That argument is old and completely invalid and you know it. Any player who isn’t an Uber casual can’t ignore completing chores 150-200% faster than those who utilize flying to skip content

The only timetable on completing content in this is one you set for yourself. I took a long break from WoW before coming back about 6 or 7 years ago.

You don’t need to fly with others to complete content. If you like the ground, you can stick to it. Others should have the option to fly.

7 Likes

we also dont have anything much to go off. we arent in alpha yet so everything is subject to change.

That’s nice - tell that to the raid leader when your weeks behind on rep cause your dailies take hours instead of 20 minutes aFk flying across a zone

Then if flying isn’t popular like people like to pretend, it should be easy for you to find a no flying guild. Maybe they should create no flying servers or something so everyone else isn’t inconvenienced by this.

3 Likes

People will take the path of least resistance - which is flying. It has nothing to do with flying being genuinely enjoyable feature. It just makes the rest of the game faster

Sure it’s not enjoyable. That’s why everyone does it. Sound logic.

3 Likes

While I’m a bit sad about this, and there are nearly six hundred mounts I’ve collected over the years that have some crazy nostalgic value, I really hope they implement the system correctly.

Tons of customization options will make this a lot of fun, class hall style on steroids. Every little thing you collect/achievement/bosses etc. will give you a new thing you can do with your dragon.

I’ve played Guild Wars 2 since the beginning as well, and the Skyscale and Griffon really changed the game when they were released. Blizzard has a reputation for ripping things off and doing them even better (at least they used to).

Meh, I like it. I’ll miss the old ones to be sure, but nothing wrong with harkening in a new era of flight.

1 Like

Because MMOs breed efficiency. That’s literally why everyone does it. Why would you purposefully take longer to do something?

Your argument is illogical and ridiculous.

I guess because everyone farts that must be enjoyable too

My argument is illogical but you are trying to push this idea of flying being unpopular but everyone still does it, even though WoW lost a lot of subs when it was removed. And people have left over other things being in the game they hated. That’s hilarious.

1 Like

**** Train you’re dragon, I much rather have player housing with a dragon guarding it.

3 Likes

The reason for that is correct though

We can apply it to other things as well. I don’t like driving (vehicle, in real life) but I’m not about to walk/ride a bike/pay for transportation so I drive :man_shrugging: