You will never be satisfied with Anduin, won't you?

Deleted. Don’t want this used against me.

Then don’t randomly accuse Anduin of racism out of nowhere???

Talking about WoW is fair game.

I still dont see how him believing anshe and elune are the light is racist.

1 Like

It’s not. It’s just a characters opinion on how the light works. And he’s technically not wrong. Someone who believes in the light will be able to summon it, regardless of what they personally call the light

3 Likes

It’s arrogantly stating only human beliefs are correct.

It is stating what he believes to be the truth.

It is not arrogant to share your beliefs or to say you think opposite views are wrong.

Is he right? Probably not, specially after recent lore developments on the nature of light and the first ones. Is he diminishing other views? Kinda. Does he think anyone that believes those things are inferior or less than him? No.

Velen did the same in wolfheart, suggesting Elune might be a Naaru, Tyrande dismissed him entirely.

2 Likes

Except, humans are not the only ones who believe in the Light?

Dwarves, high elves, and draenei believe in the Light too.

Anduin isn’t really diminishing anyones beliefs though. He’s simply saying it doesn’t matter what a light user calls the Light. It will still answer them. Just have to have faith.

I wrote kinda because of that, yeah.

But it also can be seen like: “yeah, what you call as elune is just the light”. Which would sound weird for a night elf. But even if a bit weird, he didnt say that with mean intent.

It is also just… fact. That is how the light works. You rarely get your power from what you believe in, all that matters is your convictions. The Light responds to the conviction itself.

So the Sisterhood of Elune does not get Light-based power from Elune, they get it from their belief in her, from the meanings they ascribe to their orthodoxy. etc, etc…

1 Like

It is absolutely not a proven fact that Elune doesn’t exist and is just another name for the Light, and Night Elf Priests get their powers directly from the Light, which is what that quote would imply.

That is not something we can actually say with certainty.

We know the light can be called by someone even if their beliefs are actually wrong. But we don’t know that is the only way it is called. And given that we have actually met Elune, and so know she is real, it is entirely possible she is actually empowering at least some of them.

With the other cosmic powers we see some characters who access it on their own and other characters who are directly empowered by some more powerful entity. No reason to assume light is any different.

I think you might be reading a bit into what was said. Suggesting they didn’t need to get their power from Elune doesn’t mean he is suggesting she doesn’t exist.

Suggesting she doesn’t exist would be weird since we have direct evidence of her existence.

3 Likes

Oh, I agree. It is the Light magic bits of their kit that are faith fueled. The astral magic bits some senior priestesses use are directly from Elune most likely, same as it is for druids of the moon.

Although nothing he did was of his own volition, Anduin cannot forgive himself. All he knows is that hands that once healed took the lives of the innocent, and the Light that has always shown him the way does so no longer.

Well there we go. Official confirmation Anduin did kill people under the Jailer’s control.

Why was there even any doubt in the first place??

Anduin was pretty much the Jailer’s lapdog who followed him around everywhere, and we know that the Jailer invaded Oribos and Zereth Mortis, both of which were inhabited by constructs/guardians who were really just doing their job and following their purpose (= innocent workers).

It’s pretty obvious that Anduin would have killed lots of innocent while following the Jailer around in Oribos and Zereth Mortis.

That’s what the Anduin quote he said was fact said.

1 Like

Anduin can’t be racist because his best friend is a tauren.

Get your lore straight.

And it was never shown in game and i doubt that outside of the passionate of the lore, many know about this.
Again this is a problem.
One of my regret was the Ardenweald battle where Anduin just sneak in.
It would have been better if instead, Anduin was shown making his way by slaughtering everyone on his path and there, we would have seen him killing innocents.

It would be more accurate to see him as a zealot of the Light until SL than anything else.

You can see he killed a bunch of the night faes.

2 Likes