"You want mythic gear for logging in!"

None of the warlocks’ parses in that guild are good. I’m the one who doesn’t have to care because I’m not putting on a hardcore act.

Not in my guild group. In my mythic group we did. Thousand sunny, stormreaver.

80-90th percentiles not good? Lol gtfo. You couldn’t put on a HC act cuz you’d prolly die to kazzara breath. Lol

Where those at? Unless you just mean M+. I was just talking Aberrus.

Abberrus. Apparently you dont know how to read logs.

Tbf Im looking at more of a 70-85 range for historicals. 87 on rashok but that;s closer to 85 than 90.

Im ranked 525 affy in abberrus,
Boss parses for Ilvl

93.7 performance average.

Not necessarily wanting to get into the weeds on this but there’s a lot of reasons not to particularly value ilvl parses. Especially if you’re already an incredibly underrepresented spec. I can see you know how to play aff though.

Theres also cases that support it. Im comparing myself to all other locks at my ilvl, of which i outperform on average 90 percent of them. Which at 410, sure the discreapancy in gear can cause a large skew. At 438, not quite.

Yeah there’s just definitely pitfalls to be aware of if it’s a metric you typically use, not necessarily in this specific case though.

I thought the object of a game was to have fun? That’s certainly why I own and play them.

Yes, there is already casual gear for casual content. But a lot of us would like more casual content. That’s the point of a lot of threads and something that would keep those you deem “bad players” busy and out of your hair.

As for others that want better gear, I don’t know what to say about that except your quarrel is not with me on that one, I guess. I’m fine with DF gearing.

How would you propose making people interested in group content better understand this? Is there anything Blizz could do?

I think a lot of people do understand the basics of cookie cutter specs, builds and rotations, alongside boss mechanics too, but sometimes they are a bit rude or selfish and don’t really care, or they are trying their best but are struggling and scared to ask for help.

Which brings us to…

I can’t even begin to guess how many times I’ve seen people insulted, shamed, laughed at or just coldly kicked for asking for help. I’ve even seen people kicked for “wasting time” trying to explain a fight to the person that asked.

It’s a dog eat dog world out there. That’s why some people would just rather solo sometimes. Less pressure. No one to dissapoint . Your own schedule. It’s nice.

What if there was a way to flag LFG listings as “noob friendly” (or whatever less stupid name someone could think of) so people knew it would okay to join that one while still learning? What if those groups had extra rewards as incentive to help people out? Would anyone bother? Probably not. People like their speed runs. Other people like less anxiety inducing activities. I think its time we stop trying to smoosh these groups together.

4 Likes

Games have winners and losers. So no, enjoyment is not a winning outcome.

Thats fine, then why do you need more gear? Or higher gear? Disregard, reas your second part and don’t feel like deleting.

JOIN A GUILD. ope, thats group content, which the game is based around.

Laziness, pacifism. Those better describe it.

Except you miss out on a large portion of the game.

This is why you join a progression guild. Don’t need LFG for that.

As much as I do, when a guildie needs help, I help them, I explain, I work with them. Thats why I raid mythic with a highly competitive group, for speed and ease of completion.

Laughing emoji or not, I’m not wrong about this game being known for it’s endgame group content.

But if that’s all you got, then that’s okay! You still matter! :people_hugging:

Obviously, even it this is true it doesn’t matter at all. It sure isn’t bringing in the new players.

So you want raid gear for solo content?

Nobody here can’t say no to anything until you ask to “feel powerful”

The rewards are tailored to the content you run buddy.

Only time solo content gave gear adequate to it’s difficulty was on visions of nzoth because it took actual effort to do a full run with all 5 masks on and not run out of time.

What year you on buddy? You get your tokens and buy the gear you want now.

Lol I run a casual raid run every Sunday and Monday night. The amount of people that go " no I run my own style of build " at the bare bottom of the totem pole is staggering. So you think you know more than a guy that goes through countless hours of ptr, clears the content three times higher than you’ll ever see, and has the highest parses in the game ? Okay buddy good luck to you…

Not sure if you are aiming this at me? But I have seen that too. And unfortunately, some men, you just can’t reach. Looking at the top 5 in your spec on logs is actually a really good way to find out whats working for your class during patch.

Hey I’m a casual :joy:

They tried that with stuff like Azerite power. But then it would go away with the next patch and people didn’t like that. Or at least, the people who didn’t like it complained loudly, so they listened to those people.