"You want mythic gear for logging in!"

Yes. Yes we do.

I think the caveat would have to be that the ilvl would have to be one step above WQ gear and still be a recolor of what currently drops in normal and above.

But yeah, I’d like this.

And housing.

1 Like

Most commonly what I am seeing through out this thread are a handful of casuals saying, “I don’t want mythic gear from logging in, I want casual gear from casual content,” and then raiders saying, “No! You can’t have that either! It might cost us a raid tier!”

I don’t know why I bothered! :woman_facepalming::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

this is an mmo. i know something should have solo ability however nothing outside old content farming/WQ’s/Events/Rares(to a point) should be soloable.

• Player Housing - leave the hell out of the game, they will tie unnecessary stress and stuff to it and it’s not worth. We had garrisons (was player housing in a way even if you disagree) and people hated it.

• woodworking - has some things
 but would be to heavy reliant of player housing to make it work so pass

• mission tables - to much of a chore to keep going along with always gets out of hand on rewards.

• solo dungeons - maybe just make more scenarios’ for people. not having a set difficulty for solo.

• i do agree that all story content should be in solo instances and at the same time not tied to rep or anything to access
 should just be a question chain.

• the blue dragon questline was a great way for story missions
 we could use more like it but not too much to keep it from getting old and stale.

• holidays have been stale and there’s not much you can do to “refresh” them. darkmoon faire is included in that. they just are for achievement hunters.

• challenges could be inside the scenarios and left away from open world.

• i agree with less of a large scale group events (max of 40-50 people). the time rifts have 6 mounts to get and it’s impossible to do the event in any manner and then getting inside to complete the rift is a cancer nightmare.

• the tokens to select gear would make gear to easy to get what you want. If the tokens were to get a “bag” type item with randomized options for that slot you can at least choose the item slot to increase your chance of getting the piece you need while limiting you to random still

the forums is a small bit of the community but a lot of the casual want better gear than the “casual level” of gear. they want to be geared enough to solo everything without needing to do actual content for it which means raiding or M+. because to get gear high enough to solo with no worries is normal raiding give or take level of gear. and atm normal level of gear goes up to if you get the crests 437 heroic.

1 Like

I totally understand what you are saying and it’s a very fair point, however I think having NPC’s to maintain a trinity group would make it much easier for the devs to setup and tune.

Also, having NPC followers which you have to collect via quests, then level up (kind of like leveling up pets for pet battles) and gear can be it’s own side game players could sink a lot of time into, should they desire it. Especially if they get to pick a couple of talents, or skills to change how the npc plays too (a bit like the centaur hunting companions).

The dungeons could mostly be story mode with only its own unique transmog set and a lot of people would still do it. I know I sure would. Sounds like a super chill time!

Leveling up my “followers” (or whatever) each new expansion would really extend my time played by a lot

So this is why it’s suggested this way. As a side game. Group content still there for those who love it or those who want more BiS gear

Out of curiousity, if each expansion there was a plate/leather/mail/cloth dungeon set unique to this system you could collect, and not a recolour of the other stuff available, would you be interested in giving it a try for a little while? Just to farm the set?

What if you got rep for doing these too? Or a little gold (nothing crazy)?

I understand some people like the idea as an alternative gearing path but personally I see it a little differently. More like a side game.

I really believe these story dungeons should have their own transmog sets to make them worthwhile. Item level just a smidge above world quests would sound fine to most people I think.

1 Like

Ok so I do tend to agree with your side of things here. Some questions.

What ilvl do you want to be able to reach in the current patch?

What do you want to do to get there?

How long do you want that to take?

Do you have any ideas for world content player progression past ilvl that could offer reasons to play beyond the ilvl you answered the first question with?

1 Like

There is this weird mindset that if people aren’t smashing their heads against the wall in the harder difficulties, that they’re not playing the game correctly.

This elitist mindset has always been in the game, but it is off the charts now due to how focused the game is on the competitive parts of the end game.

If you are not a competitive type in retail WoW, the game doesn’t have much to offer you as far as progression and content goes.

2 Likes

That’s a joke right? Retail offers more to solo players than it ever has.

What solo players need to realize is they are a minority in a game based on group content.

Raiding and mplus are a priority and they aren’t going to inconvenience the majority for the minority.

1 Like

Where was I advocating against group content? God, your posts are so snarky and toxic. You are the exact type of player that I think has ruined WoW for so many players.

3 Likes

I never said you did.

Stating facts is snarky and toxic now?

Way to make an assumption. You have zero idea how I am in game.

I looked at your post feed, man it is ugly.

2 Likes

Wait, we were being forced to group with other people? In an MMO that’s acclaimed for endgame group content? What the actual fork!?!?

Holy crap though, has someone called the proper authorities about this? This should really be reported and investigated, no one should be forcing anyone to do anything! Heads should roll! Get out the torches and pitchforks! :fire: :sunglasses:

Telling people facts on the forms isn’t the same as being in game.

More like your opinions. Dunning-Kruger on full display here.

2 Likes

Statistics aren’t opinions.

Imagine being a hypocrite. You said I was toxic yet you’re the one throwing insults

That cuts both ways. If you do content simply because you enjoy it. Why are you asking for high level gear to drop from it? Go do the solo queue content without high ilvl rewards. Afterall, you do it because you enjoy it? Right?

Don’t mean to be too snarky, but
 that line of thinking that it’s an impulse control problem for people who feel compelled to do lower tier content for high tier rewards despite not wanting to participate in that content is just
 irksome to me. It ignores the enormous social drives that this game has enforced for almost 2 decades
 It also tells me that those players haven’t participated in a more serious progression environment.

You can’t tell someone to just do the content that they enjoy and stop focusing on rewards, while simultaneously demanding that rewards be added to the content that you enjoy.

3 Likes

The item levels that already drop for casual/world content are more than okay for my personal preference. They don’t really feel like a world “set” though
 I’m not actually a fan of catalyst either. I don’t need a raid set. I’d like my own explorers set with open world relevant bonuses.

To get there? In theory I do like the idea of the time rifts but they are executed so poorly I’ve basically given up on them until they get fixed. But really, I think the open world this time around is splattered all over with way too many timed, group events and rares that are eventually abandoned. I think there should be a more even mix of both group and solo activities to do. Static quest zones like the old daily hubs were great solo content that didn’t matter what time of day you showed up and if other people were around. I also do like the idea of story mode dungeons that can be completed with npcs
 I don’t think world content should drop recolours of other sets. I think it should have it’s own unique explorers transmog. Oh and, the old callings were good daily content that kept WQs fresh and relevant.

As for how long I want it all to take? I don’t know really. One or two upgrades a week feels reasonably paced to me.

Playing beyond the existing item level? Two things here, and the first is not a very popular opinion, I believe. I changed my mind about borrowed power (such as artifact power and legendaries) having given a fair shake to several expansions that have it, and don’t have it, and really
 upgrading our artifacts back in legion really did keep us going didn’t it? At the time I got bored of it, but there I was logging in for it, you know? Now I miss it.

Secondly, evergreen content such as the incredibly popular and well received trading post I think is the most stellar way to keep players engaged (well a certain type of players at least) after their gear is “good enough for now.” Player housing is another type of evergreen content and I truly believe a lot of people would have boatloads of fun with it in their down time.

2 Likes

turns out you can remove carbon from the atmosphere by adding iron dust to the ocean.

stimulates algae growth which takes in carbon and releases oxygen.

also creates increased fish yields.

First Nation group ran a test program in BC and quadrupled the salmon catch.

1 Like

Poor algae! Makes more oxygen than trees but everyone forgets about it. Kind of like Gen X. Everyone forgets about them too
 :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Lol, i haven’t gotten an upgrade for the first three weeks of aberrus. That will and should never happen.

Why do people feel the need to be in the game 24/7. Can’t this game be played like a normal human without living in it? Borrowed Power only benefitted bads, gave them security and artificially propped up their ability to play end game content. I don’t want propped up players, i want good players that take pride in their trade.

Go to dinner with a friend? Go to the park? Watch a movie with a S.O.? All great alternatives.

1 Like