You refuse to listen to your community (about twinks)

I think he’s on to something. But hey blizzard made leveling even easier, so why you so mad bro.

1 Like

Good try. You will get called out for bs all day here.
Everyone knows what you have been doing here since forum launch.
Very simple to put together.

1 Like

Or keep obsessing. I’ll remain flattered. I guess it’s easier than answering questions, eh?

So let’s say you turn off xp at 79. You can now do dungeons from the next xpac. So essentially you are getting level 80’ish gear. Does the person at level 75 or 77 have access to that gear? No. And they haven’t done dungeons until they are BiS. Levelers are doing dungeons o level, not get BiS.

Now you get into the BG and the twink has twice the health and twice the power. It’s like getting into a fight with a child. Let’s not pretend that the levelers have access to the same things, or if they fight well they can compete. You can’t compete with someone who can kill you in 2-3 hits.

I don’t presume to talk for everyone, but don’t you presume that my points aren’t valid.

2 Likes

Ah, but that point I believe is invalid. They do not get access to level 80 gear, you are not essentially getting level 80 gear, level 80s get access to level 80 gear in a seperate bracket. The only access of gear that they have is the gear scaled to your level which is meant for said level, and that you can almost always find equivalents of in stats in any other dungeon.

So speaking as someone that has a couple 79s, are you aware of the low level redesign and the stat squish? Cata Dungeon gear is now level 80 minimum. The previous pieces (if you got them) are grandfathered. You also cannot queue for Cata dungeons at 79 anymore (can still enter them if you travel to them, but again gear is lvl 80)

The stat differences now between BC, WotLK, and Cata gear are negligible when the gear scales to drop at your level. For instance, at 79 Magisters Terrace, Durnhold, Black Morass, and Trial of the Crusader will get you better gear in most slots than what Blackrock Caverns and Throne of Tides had to offer, because of how the scaling works.

I also have an 89 the litterally does have BC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP gear because they are BiS in different ways in those slots. The new system is the most balanced and fair it has ever been.

and lots agree with the OP!

weird right?

1 Like

Not to mention, the consensus agrees with the OP.

FTFY again.

1 Like

Anyone that believes the forums give the most accurate representation for data, I just so happen to have a bridge for sale. Lets strike a deal!

4 Likes

Unless it could tilt opinions to your side, then it’s 100% accurate, right? :roll_eyes:

V

lol that’s what I thought

I don’t really bother with alts too much or levelling in general (I’d rather boost to 110 then power quest to max). So twinks don’t affect me at all.

But I can understand the frustration.

I think separating the queues again would be a logical choice. People who dislike PVE (and there are many) are already annoyed the PVP gearing system is so flawed, why make it hard to level that way too.

At least with questing a levelling player can turn off War Mode if they want to avoid getting wrecked with no hope of defending themselves.

Seems fair to separate.

2 Likes

But that seems more of a argument against the way the PvP system is designed rather than twinks themselves. Would you be willing to also separate yourself against other 374 ilvl people. Better yet since that wouldn’t be balanced, would be willing to seperate yourself against other 374 ilvl people with op specs like balance? Perhaps you would, but how much would you be willing to compromise for balance over customization and diversity? That was the argument/trouble of Legion templates. Cause currently max level has no such balance due to many variables as well and that seems to address more of that specifically rather than twinks.

Edit: one last question, would you be willing to take the 30 minute queues that would appear because of this? cause it would certainly increase queues.

This coming from Mr Likeshimself :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Players are not an official source of information. So no, even if something player generated was in my favor I wouldn’t use it to bolster arguments. I don’t need to. I think I’ve provided many sources from Blues over the years that hold enough weight on their own.

1 Like

Sure, i’d be down for that. I already run mid to high MMR RBG’s almost nightly, that’s basically the “bizarro world PVP scenario” you’re daring me to try. Everyone’s geared and all the opponents are classes that are favorable.

That said, you’d be hard pressed to convince me I’m more powerful than a lower ilevel 120 than a twink is against a “normal” lowbie.

wtf is this likeshimself crap? lol Red herring much?

My comment still stands. When it comes from your side, it’s confirmed. When it comes from the opposition, it’s unofficial, etc. You’re a hypocrite.

I can’t help if you ignore what I or anyone says, Greyhide. I suppose it doesn’t fit your agenda. Either way, I hope you find a way to enjoy the game. Or if not, find a game that does give you enjoyment.

3 Likes

Another red herring, but I’ll bite. I read good and well what you said, you’re still a hypocrite because when it comes from the opposition, you’re all about how it’s “confirmed fact.”

FYI, I enjoy this game very much. Have a happy holiday!

1 Like