You refuse to listen to your community (about twinks)

Literally this could be a post from 10 years ago. Twinks were ruining low level battlegrounds. You removed them. This was good.
Recently they are back and it is a complete disaster again in low level bgs.
It maybe was a experiment on your part, to give you the benefit of doubt. Seeking to inject excitement into the playerbase. Well you certainly have, in the twink community.
But it is a minority community. Minority proven by how it died off when separated to it’s own queu with XP off. Their real existence is to grief players and kill them in 1-3 seconds. warriors who are non twink will often die to a twink mage before their charge even reaches the mage. Is this REALLY what you are proud to say your game is? I am betting you are not.
Admit the mistake.
Remove XP off to their own queue again.
You have bigger problems with the game.
This one is a no brainer.

Very soon you are incentivizing leveling in 8.1 with xp reduction per level. There will be lots of players leveling. And they will join battlegrounds. This is your MAJORITY player base, not the twink vocal minority.

Put the twinks back where they belong. With each other. And they will die off again. Because its really about stomping people, not about competition.

99 Likes

By the looks of your “I remember when I quit playing golf” thread (In caps), you are done with World of Warcraft PVP as you were golf in 2005.
Different thread different day.

I presume this quote applies to WoW as well? Looks like it is time to move on to other areas of life which benefit and allow you to highlight your personal growth.
The sport/game is just not for you anymore, it happens.

The same exact problems you have spoken about are very much intact within all levels of World of Warcraft.
Separating so called “Twinks” from brackets will not alleviate any of your issues, more importantly any of the current WoW PVP issues.
Blizzard is very much aware of what is happening within this game, and they understand there are much better solutions than “Separation of the playerbase.”
The reality is that classes/specs/items are in need of some attention which will greatly enhance balance. You do not need to turn XP off in order to partake in these over tuned classes/specs/items.
Everyone and anyone is free to make great use of anything in game which is currently strong/over tuned.

This quote demonstrates your incomprehension within our subject.

Twinking has never died, not even remotely close.
As long as there is “Best In Slot” options for players, we will be using them.

34 Likes

Maybe Blizzard realized there is a huge community revolved around twinks. In fact it’s a reason alot of people even stay subscribed anymore.

Are you some how upset the “levelling” community is affected lol. Either twink yourself and bg in lower brackets. Or go dungeon and do quests.

BG’s were entered later in the game. You can expect in any, and I mean ANY competitive player versus player scenario. Where one person would want to have the best gear to do well ?

Do you understand that yet ? Or do you want to go play tennis with straws instead of rackets.

You want to PvP level ? Too bad.
You do actually want to PvP level ? Go get enchants for your boa gear Blizzard throws at us. Spend 5k gold.

Boom problem solved.

You want to try and ruin an entire community because you can’t take a trip to the AH like every other human.

I’m glad Blizzard doesn’t listen to people like you.

41 Likes

Oh look, another QQ thread.

21 Likes

OP: Your error is the assumption that the community is speaking as one voice on this issue. Have you considered that lots of other players legitimately disagree with your position?

39 Likes

You are not alone. The consensus agrees with you. The quality of life for everyone was astronomically better when the queues were split so hopefully this fix will happen.

26 Likes

I refer you Greyhide a link to this post: Twinks - #136 by Impalle-bladefist

Cheers y’all!

2 Likes

I read that. An adequate response was just a simple “no” but there is a minimum character requirement and I didn’t want to put emojis or exclamation points.

Cheers!

1 Like

Alright, but it decredits your claims, and I will bring it back up every chance I get when you repeat such claims. If “Cheers” is an attempt to mock (tough to tell on forums) then that will provide no influence towards me.

Good day and Cheers yet still!

5 Likes

You don’t speak for everyone like you believe you do.

Twinks are not that much more powerful than a leveler in BoA’s. Go and compare a lvl 39 BoA to a level 39 dungeon or quest reward piece. The stat difference is irrelevant.

Btw twinks were added back to the regular queue in 7.0. It’s not a recent change.

14 Likes

What if they can look at their metrics and determine participation was higher when twinking was a thing?

1 Like

Great! Hope to see you soon!

Cheers!

they did listen

to me

2 Likes

Leveling it basically comes down to BoA let you focus on filling out a set, you do well. Without BoA your left with scraps and probably not very well stocked. Specifically at the 110 bracket, this problem is on full display and very much the extreme end of the spectrum. A dps without BFA will be very hard pressed to break 28k or so health, while a BFA dps with Heart and the blue from that intro quest and nothing but trash 140s will be around that same 28k benchmark. Spending 2k arcane essences to have a chance at killing a bfa geared character is hardly a solution to the problem, especially considering the ability for the BFA geared character to have them as well. In most brackets ive played in the last month or so the difference is pretty insignificant (based on the assumption that everyone has accountbounds at this point which is incredibly unfair to begin with). At 110, all the minor issues you run into become mountains and on full display for everyone to see. 18k health at fresh 110 will never even dent a geared tank at 100k health. When you start getting into multiples of health, its a bad time. Even DPS to DPS your looking at like 18k to 50k or so. Still more than double. Ive seen warlocks hitting with chaos bolt for 22k in a bg with average player health at or around that benchmark.

1 Like

you sir are wrong, the consensus says that whats going on in BFA low level pvp is actually thriving and raising the quality of pvp.

7 Likes

Consensus according to you and your twink friends?

17 Likes

Kinda like ops post lol.

1 Like

Removing Twinks which is a huge part of this game was bad. Twinks been around forever and people love to do them.

and people are pretty excited about it. Many people exclusively play Twinks and sometimes it might be the best part of this game. If it isn’t for you don’t do it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I like twinks

3 Likes

thats no worse than people saying everyone wants them separate

1 Like