You refuse to listen to your community (about twinks)

Twinks never left. OP, you have issues with the truth.

I dusted off 3 twinks I hadn’t played since the Legion pre-patch, which I basically never did PvP on before. I queued up for random bgs. I never saw another twink.

Your agenda is showing, OP.

2 Likes

I’ve actually come to the opposite conclusion, since it was you guys who started this.

3 Likes

For real. None of us, twinks or not, would be here without these threads being made.

1 Like

Comparing this to EU, and Asia. There are indeed Twink threads, but nothing remotely close to this much activity from 1st forum posters spam. (observe)
EU has threads but nothing with the sudden “mass” prime time activity.
When something is truly an issue, it is always mirrored throughout WoW.

2 Likes

Does this mean the US is getting soft?

/signed. Good advice for Blizzard.

2 Likes

Remember the Will Ferrell clip?

1 Like

That’s because this is an organized effort to spam these posts. It has zero to do with “community”. It’s like those “muh free speech” threads we see on GD by people who were silenced for getting reported for clearly offensive behavior.

1 Like

I only play the game for twinking because Blizz stopped caring about making endgame content a long time ago. I’ve heard many people say this expansion competes with WoD for being the worst, and I HATED WoD. At least there is still one way of playing the game that is still fun, and that is twinking.

2 Likes

The word “twink” shouldn’t even exist. Having a special word designated for a player that wants to be geared and turn their xp off makes it seem as though it’s not the way it is normally when it’s the only way it should be.

The passiveness of people wanting to randomly queue for battleground, just to level, with their crappy gear on is one of the reasons why pvp isn’t taken as seriously as pve. It’s seen as a pastime, something to do in between when most pvpers understand that it’s the ONLY thing to do. There is no in between, there is only pvp and therefore there is nothing wrong with making it the best experience, by putting on the best gear and playing the best game. Anybody that doesn’t get it needs to jump into the sea.

3 Likes

But what about twinkies?

I’m sure blizzard is looking into removing twinks. It just takes a long time for them to do anything it seems like. Small Indi company don’t you know…

Looks like its taken them about…14 years. Twinks aren’t going anywhere fam.

<3

1 Like

Looks like you’re trying to remove low level battlegrounds and replace them with a hand-holding experience where your alts can level without risk of pvp.

3 Likes

In all fairness they should be interested in balance and people enjoying the game. I wish we had a metric that would tell us how the twink/non twink people do in battlegrounds. There is a third thing to consider is premades. Are they helping or hurting people that are new or leveling. I have not played in some time so I am asking if there is other battlegrounds where new players can learn pvp before the randoms. Just so they know what to expect.

Entire no twink argument destroyed right here or at least a good story: When BFA opened its gates for all the little kiddies to come threw and play they also opened the gates to try-hards (nothing wrong with being a try hard, dad loves you) that have been meticulously planning on the ptr looking for angles and ways to power level to 120 in hours not days… or even just cliquey players who could farm with each other and stayed up binging the what 1 day it takes to level to max then they continued binging in mythics until they were ilvl 350+ in the first month. Then some of them even got cocky and made cute little one man message guilds like “Months Ahead” (ahaha jk jfk) while they pvp’ed and were massively rewarded for their new found gear imbalance. This continued thanks to the ilvl scaling of rewards received in rated pvp or raiding that go along with having said massive edge in rated pvp or pve in the first place (again nothing wrong with being a try hard pve player that sneaks into pvp to gank with their op gear and frends every now and then)(really none at all).

In comes Mr. fekManIhastogotoworkyo and he wants to try to play pvp only and have some fun in his measily hours before rest and responsibility become loud enough to pull his bit** as* out the computer chair.

See, in legion this would have been fine. the templates would have guaranteed that he like the MAJORITY of the player base would have stood a decent chance of fighting back against any other player regardless of gear. Skill came into play. Timing even. Using a cc and then chaining it with another right at the moment the second rolled over(yall know son, yall been victim-_-) while lining up cds for focus on a target(again yall know.) actually became a thing even in random pvp. There were moments of brilliance and beauty rivaled only by that of the greatness going on during arena season broadcasts. On both sides. Those who weren’t busy whining about class imbalance as they always do instead of learning their class :wink: (except maybe feral druids for the meh first half of legion if they weren’t incredibly skilled and very good at fast complicated rotations and flapping(blizz wont let me use the word i want to) and maybe to a lesser extent hunters but f them anyway) probably know what I’m talking about and had a lot of fun.

But low and behold, again the whiners or the majority or whomever is to blame for whatever reason they decided to switch back over to gear advantage in pvp got their way. So you see, the shadow war continued… while all the sheep went to work, we all knew the kents had slipped elisabeth a mickey and fd her into oblivion before we could make it back with the drinks. damn.

Where was I? ah, yes ofc; You will not catch these players if you start a new toon at max in this meta currently, they will pwn yur as* much the same as the twinks in the lower brackets, which was perhaps intended. I will not use the word but this scenario only really caters to a certain kind of player. One with time to devote and also the community to contribute to a massive gear advantage at max level. do you rated? do you max level? do you not get rekted? dont lie. That being said the game really isn’t all that unbalanced or imbalanced or fk whatever.

You see, in the lower brackets if you que up with a bunch of sht greens and maybe a blue or two (or gear you have out leveld scaling wise) and expect to have the same effectiveness as someone who took the time to get gear through dungeons or quests while they leveled to max and occaisonally pvp’ed as intended then you are just being a hypocrite. You can do just fine at any point in a bracket if you get blues for your level or really just ilvl appropriate gear upgrades while you quest before you join. THEN when you join, participate with your team as pvp is intended. Don’t over extend and get your as* pwned then come to the forums to whine about shum bowshiggity(NOT SAYING THATS WHAT OP DID THO, DONT FREAK YET BRO).

Gear advantage is what you are referring to here and it goes on at all levels if pvp is not templated. The very nature of alts and attracting new players gives rise to this situation I’m having fun either way otherwise I would do something else.

Great points made in this forum on both sides. Stay thirsty and have fun my friends. Hope to see you out there ;0

I found the way to annoy twinks: Queue with bad gear.

Since it’s basically RNG, sometimes one side has more twinks than the other. Today there was just one twink in our group. He spent the whole WSG accosting us, “Why do you even queue?” He had a sad because he too was getting stomped.

Guess it’s the best we got for now!

2 Likes

“A t r e e f a l l i n g o v e r i n m o t h e r n a t u r e d o e s n o t m e a n m o t h e r n a t u r e s u p p o r t s l u m b e r j a c k s”

2 Likes

yeah for twinks they were longer, but that is the price you pay.

I’m not annoyed by regular levelers joining my games. They aren’t doing anything wrong. In fact, I’ve been playing this game for so many years that I’m not even bothered if I lose. Just have fun and play the battleground. Or leave the battleground and level up with quests until leaver status goes away and try again.

Why you would want to do bgs at low level with rubbish gear, I don’t even know… unless you are a twink. Whenever I’m leveling an alt I never do bgs until I’m at the highest level.