This video can’t be shared enough

71 Likes

such a good video

11 Likes

That pala most of been like " mother of god "

18 Likes

I agree, Nerf the grind.

9 Likes

I’ve been saying for awhile logging in to cap should be your only weekly chore.

Everything else buyable through professions.
Socket your rings? Find a JC.
Conduit Upgrades? Find a Scribe.
Socket your gear? Smith, Leatherworker, Tailor.

36 Likes

They’re traumatized from losing subs in WoD from content droughts so went really hard in the other direction where you never run out of stuff to do and therefore have giant workloads forced upon you just to play the game. There’s a balance to be had there, but I’m honestly not even sure they’re looking for it. The latest rounds of “alt friendly” changes seemed half-azzed and forced upon them so I doubt it’s an indication of a change of heart and more so just a temporary appeasement.

29 Likes

Another thing to add to his list: dont forget to buy your wow token so that you can afford your 200k runecarving piece

36 Likes

I wonder if that paladin named changed before he quit in cus of all the crap he has to do to

2 Likes

RIP Holydickens

11 Likes

i miss templates

14 Likes

Rest in peace sweet prince. You were too good for this world.

He just played how we all want to - no cov, no lego, no grinds. Just pvp

51 Likes

Gone too soon

Or just on time, the wiser of us all.

Rip

3 Likes

Had a very similar experience with my buddy the other day.

Friend: I saw they added a renown and conduit catch up on WoWhead, I’ve been having that WoW itch… how long would it take me to get back into it?

Me: Oh yeah, those renown catch-ups… you gotta be level 80 renown to unlock it…

Friend: Can you buy it for me?

Me: Nah, you’re gonna have to level, renown grind, torghast spam, honor farm, conquest farm and conduit farm… before you can really play.

Friend: Oh, nevermind then.

Me: Yeah… :frowning:

Can’t wait for set bonuses and double legendaries to alienate PvP even more!

Fun Times.

18 Likes

I can relate to this. Most of my friends quit the game solely because they don’t want to do the chores they feel are necessary to play the game, 9.1.5 was a huge step forward so all we can really do is hope they learned come 10.0

6 Likes

Same exact thing happened to my friend who I finally got interested in the game. He leveled his shadow priest all the way from 1-60. Finally gets ready to try some PvP, we do some some low level bgs before that so I can show him the basics of it all.

Well once he hit 60 and I told him that now we have to go into torghast to get his legendary, then get some conduits by running dungeons as well as leveling renown (this was before renown came easily.) He apologized to me and told me that he does not want to do that and canceled his sub.

Again, as Venruki says, this was someone who wanted to do these things with me, but because there was such a giant barrier to entry, he said no and quit.

sadandtrue

11 Likes

I think that this negatively affects more than just PvP
the game is unapproachable enough as it is

8 Likes

Its the reason my friend won’t come back and play with me either. You just have SO much to do just to play the game the way you want to.

Level to 60
Join the right cov
Grind Renown to avoid any nasty upgrade blocks
Grind honour and then arena rating to avoid any nasty upgrade blocks
Grind gast for ash, get your lego
Buy tok to afford lego
get back into bgs to farm honour to upgrade gear
play for rating

10 Likes

Even as a veteran player, I remember being extremely confused at the gearing/borrowed power systems needed for arenas, between legendries, torghast, conduits, sockets, renown, covenant, how the gearing system works, weekly loot chest works, its honestly alot that piles up really quickly.

Seriously at the start of the expansion I was lookin at a guide like every 5 minutes for like 2 weeks at least.

8 Likes

It’s a lot to keep track of, especially when they start implementing their “fixes”. I went to tell somebody that there’s catchup stuff, then it occurred to me that it was probably locked behind max renown, and it wouldn’t immediately be available to them.

2 Likes

GRIND:

Gold (insane amount without profession)
Mats for profession
Profession (avoid spending 800k on legendary)
1-60
Gear (correct gear)
Rated honor for vault
Soul Ash
Soul Cinders
Honor
Conquest
LFG
Rating
Renown
Conduits
Legendary not the piece of gear
M+ for vault
Shadowlands Expansion
World of Warcraft Subscription
(Don’t do this all on a class you don’t end up liking!)
Networking to find partners
Learn classes
Learn specs
Learn PvP
Learn keybinds and macros
You may have to do LFR simply DEPENDING ON YOUR CLASS

Oh gee wiz I almost forgot the worst one; learn how to cope with the fact that blizzard employees steal breast milk and also you need to login to the game.

15 Likes