You need to see this (Taken from Arena forums)

As shared from Conquer via arena forums. Thank you.
Saw this yesterday and it was destined to be shared with us here, in BG forums.

This video/thread is full of much needed Camaraderie/Humility in this new year.
Rank 1/Hero og knowledge galore.
Everyone is going through this together.

15 Likes

That player grinded a bunch of bgs and arenas trying to gear up for PvP.

Then, they found out how much stuff they were still missing to be competitive in PvP.

Ouch.

6 Likes

Torghast/legendary was a tough pill for me to swallow. I didn’t even bother with it until 9.1.5 when it literally became grindable. Even then I still couldn’t stand the place, lol.

I don’t mind doing some of the non-pvp related activities because I do have a general interest in the game as a whole. I’m doing those activities anyway, you know?

But if all someone wants to do is pvp, it shouldn’t take a ridiculous amount of preparation just to be able to START. Hell, this far into the expansion there are still some systems I don’t fully understand. You should just be able to log in after work/school, queue up, and get at it!

8 Likes

i have still yet to get my leggo for my dk and my hpal let alone upgrade my priests sigh i reallly dont wannnaaaaa do it pout i hate torghast , so rn im tmog farming instead x;

2 Likes

Here is another roadblock to consider for New Players. In the scenario above if the player bought a 60 boost and only PvP’d I promise you that he didn’t have the ~50G for 230 Leggo much less the ~150G to purchase the mats for a T6 Leggo. (Prices depending on server).

6 Likes

Close to $100 right here. (60 Boost/Token. Before even knowing they will need a second Token.) Now add in Time played metrics and we can see how the new business model is working as intended.
Fresh 60 without gear, outside of a Legendary.
Shareholders are happy.

3 Likes

Hopefully, they’ll find a better business model soon, because the current one is driving new/casual PvPers away from the game.

1 Like

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/atvi/earnings

Earnings announcement* for ATVI: Feb 03, 2022

Activision Blizzard, Inc is expected* to report earnings on 02/03/2022 after market close. The report will be for the fiscal Quarter ending Dec 2021. According to Zacks Investment Research, based on 9 analysts’ forecasts, the consensus EPS forecast for the quarter is $1.27. The reported EPS for the same quarter last year was $1.13.

I miss the WotLK / MoP approach to gearing, especially in PvP:

WotLK - Grind some BGs and quickly earn honor gear. Queue some rated PvP games just to accrue arena points, and move into current-season gear.

MoP - Retroactive ~25,000 conquest you can spam queue for current-season gear, and play any BGs in between to supplement missing pieces.

Now the barrier to entry is so high, someone who’s participated in 2400 rated play, has 400k combined HKs literally doesn’t want to bother with the current system. I love PvP, but the current iteration of the system is BAD. Like REALLY bad.

2 Likes

You guys need to stop baiting me into going back to the General Discussion forum. Big yikes.

He can make all the videos he likes but the people in charge don’t want a fair system they want to exploit and squeeze every last penny out of a 17 year old game, by creating systems that purposefully put people at a disadvantage to inevitably push them into micro-transactions.

2 Likes