You Lost Me, Blizzard

They didn’t announce it in game but they definitely had a thread on it.

I get where you’re coming from. The engineered exclusivity of a highly desirable mount like this is typical Blizzard hubris. Not enough to get me to quit on its own, but it is unbelievably stupid and unnecessary to remove that mount from the Black Market rotation without having another mount with like functionality in its place.

These decisions from Blizzard don’t feel like a reward to those who suffered through Battle for Azeroth so as much as they feel like a punishment to those who didn’t.

Sorry for your frustration, but this is a “if you snooze you lose” type of deal. You can still get the mount from the Black market auction house, so it isn’t impossible.

But really you can’t skip an entire expansion and then come back and expect to get all of the stuff that was available. Mage Towers, challenge mode sets, Brutosaur, etc this stuff happens all the time.

Blizzard didn’t announce it, but it was known as early as Nov 2019:

https://blizzardwatch.com/2019/11/22/caravan-brutosaur-removed-shadowlands/

And a Blue confirmed it:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/looks-like-the-mighty-caravan-brutosaur-might-be-unobtainable-in-901/370236/7
3 Likes

It was indeed later confirmed. If wowhead hadn’t datamined it, I wonder when players would have been informed?

No, they responded in a thread made about it.

So there was a thread about it.

Same difference. People knew.

In July '20 it was part of the Blizzard’s “Get it while it lasts” announcement as items being removed during pre-patch.

2 Likes

It was known long before that.

I was specifically answering your question

Answer = July 2020

The brutosaur thing is on you, bud. Everyone knew that was available for a limited time, and Blizzard could not have made it more clear without annoying people in game.

I farmed for months to get enough gold on one server to buy that mount, knowing it was going to be removed the whole time. I bought it in June of '20.

Wrong, and a bit victim complexy.

They do it to “reward the players who are consistently subscribed.”

Yeah…sorry bud but a quick google would have told you that it was removed and was no longer available. Then maybe you wouldn’t have wasted time trying to get such a massive amount of dosh.

That isn’t Blizzard’s fault. And honestly they clearly wanted it gone or they would have put an auction in Oribos.

i’m not sure why you’re complaining about a ticket response.

they’re not going to take a look at your ticket and give you a mount, or suddenly recognize the error of their ways.

plenty of stuff gets removed from the game, this is just another one of those things.

a veteran player who plays so little, that they didn’t even know the mount existed?
…or doesn’t read patch notes at any point?

2 Likes

I disagree. While it may make some of the people who were subscribing at the time and managed to get it feel like special snowflakes, a lot of players don’t actually feed on the misery of others.

The main purpose of removal of collectibles, content, and story is to make people who missed out feel bad enough about the game that they’ll live in fear that if they ever let their subscription lapse in the future they’ll miss out on something important.

I’m not sure why they think that it won’t have the opposite effect on many of the players they think they are forcing to stay subscribed. Blizzard doesn’t seem to have any feel at all for how different player demographics will respond to changes in the game and just goes whole hog on their “social engineering will force the playerbase we have to become the playerbase we deserve”.

And so we have chromie time which sends players back to earlier expansions whose story and content have been gutted. Raids behind which the actual story is locked but which have been made unplayable. And outside information sources necessary to understand what the heck just happened.

Nobody should be surprised there are so few new players in the game.

3 Likes

You come off as very bitter here.

I have no dog in this fight. I couldn’t care less and would never spend that much on a mount that provides something you can literally access within 30s from anywhere in the world.

I was just kidding and rephrasing it as Blizz might. It was a joke.

Apparently you do. “I was just joking!” Nah.

ROTFLMAO

1 Like

?

Now you’re coming off really bitter. If a ROTFLMAO helps you feel good, good for you, I guess? You win? Give yourself a nice, big pat on the back. You’ve achieved something great here!

It’s absolutely a strategy to keep people subscribed, but it often does have the exact opposite effect.

I understand why they do it, but I get what you mean.

1 Like