You lost a potential new player today Blizzard

Leveling through past expansions is already fast as is, I see no reason to just not remove the lvl 50 restriction from Chromie time and add up to BFA in there to help authentically new players reach end game faster if that “is” their current goal…

By time you get to MoP you’re slipping through expansions like a greased up pig at the county faire carnival anyways.

1 Like

You shouldn’t openly admit to qccount sharing. Gowever, I agree with the rest of the post. The story hasn’t been new player-friendly in a while.

Blizzard shills are the spawn of satan. In truth, the community would be better off eithout THEM. Ignore them asap.

Who cares whether or not they post on their mage? What this story isn’t accurate because they didn’t post on their mage? Grow up.

3 Likes

BfA is the story that leads into Shadowlands.

A new player would know nothing of that story otherwise.

It’s not at all nutty to ask a player to play, AT MINIMUM, the story directly before the current one so they know how they got HERE.

2 Likes

I’m usually not any any “side” of the “post on your main” slap-fight… but the answer to the OPs reasoning is pretty good.

Not trying to offend OP. It was just a “he’s got a point” moment for me.

ok.nevermind. now I dont like the OP and I think he is full of carp. :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t think that’s true. Blizzard had barely any people of color working there in the first place. It took years just to get POC customization in the game, and some clowns whined that it was lorebreaking.

2 Likes

Forced to play a terrible expansion and afterwards play this terrible expansion… Any chance can they just go back to legion expansion when we could actually use the weapons… That was the last time the game was fun…

1 Like

BFA is storyline content that ties directly into SL. If ‘your friend’ jumped into SL from TBC or Wrath they’d have no idea what the hell was happening, why Sylvie was doing dumb things and why Bolvar was doing dumber things.

1 Like

Yeah but if he doesn’t play Legion he’s gonna have no idea about BFA, the sword, etc.
And if he doesn’t play WoD he won’t know how Legion started.
And if he doens’t play Panda he won’t know what led to WoD.

You see what I mean?

1 Like

I said this the minute they announced it.

There is no reason people should be forced to do BFA for Chromie time. Danuser’s ability to turn a good concept into garbage rivals the likes of Rian Johnson and D&D.

2 Likes

Calm down.

I actually agree lol. But I’m pretty sure this account is part of the T-squad

2 Likes

I mean I guess there’s nothing wrong with making all the expansions available immediately. Though if they’re looking to start from the beginning, they’re looking at a book and not the game.

1 Like

Food for thought, every story technically starts with a bunch of preceeding incidents that have led to whatever we’re about to witness and have little to no prior knowledge. Darth vader slicing up rebels, gandalf heading to the shire, spongebob coming to work for the krusty krab, alpha team investigating what happened to bravo, i could go on fiveever. What exactly is so inherently broken about the story for new players no longer starting at the very beginning?

It’s doesn’t feel like their modus operandi.

1 Like

They’ve sprawled out from just posting LGBTQ+ stuff lol. Gave them away too easily

Typically that starting why is answered during the proceeding events. Sylvanas burning down Undercity at the beginning without any further context is a pretty big wtf is happening.

1 Like

Yes. This has been a thing for a while now. As such a veteran of the game, why didn’t you tell him this?

Why did you fail your friend so badly?

He doesn’t have to do that at all.

5 Likes

Do they not explain the burninating of teldrassil at all? Or the siege of undercity and the resulting need for both sides to get a navy?

2 Likes

Why am I already skeptical?

While this is fun, and my partner and I do this ourselves, this is NOT recommended for new players. As a friend, you should have done more to steer him away from this course of action. There are any number of reasons why this attempt would be a bad idea.

That would not have happened anyway. The expansions exists as their ‘final form’ and he wouldn’t get the chronological story anyway. You should have informed him of this ahead of time if you had cared for him.

Good. There is a reason they do that. It is to prevent them from taking a foolhardy mis-guided journey through out-dated expansions.

It makes sense if you think about it.

Doubtful. The point is to get new players to the current expansion and see end-game content. THAT is what would have helped your friend decide to stick around or not. Not some weird romp through out-dated content with disabled features, and stuck in their final patches. They can catch up on the story through any number of online videos made for that.

It was a silly idea to try and play through 18 years of content on multiple alts with some mistaken idea that it would show you the story ‘spoiler free’. Even if Chromie-Time worked for new players, that is not what would have happened. You should have given your friend better advice, don’t blame Blizzard.

2 Likes