You lost a potential new player today Blizzard

The meta-narrative, at least that you’ll see 10-50, is pretty simple. “The Alliance and Horde are at war, and both are trying to recruit a powerful kingdom to their side.”

1 Like

Tbh… BfA is pretty removed from Legion, and Legion is pretty removed from WoD and so on and so forth. Sure there’s some carry on lore, but in general the expansions are relatively contained from a lore perspective.

Have him start in BfA, and then do classic on his second toon. Also… tbh… As much as I love WoW… the in game lore (especially the early game) hasn’t ever been um… ground breaking. There are a few specific quest lines that are phenomenal (BfA Jaina story as an example), but most of them are variants of… champion we need you to go kill 10 boars!

If you’re really going to complain about lore though, I’d instead complain about the removal of the legendary cloak and legendary ring quest lines… Those quest lines had huge amounts of lore behind them that were relatively integral to the story of their respective expansions.

2 Likes

Sounds like your friend should be playing thru the Classic game route and not Shadowlands then. World of Warcraft®: Burning Crusade Classic™

This as well… In all honesty, he’d probably have more fun doing it too as the world is actually somewhat dangerous. It’s an entirely different experience actually being a tiny peon in a world that is much bigger than you are. As opposed to the demi-god you are in retail.

Just my opinion though, as it’s definitely not for everyone.

To be fair, running freehold as my first wow experience probably would not end on a positive note.

OH NO! New Players are forced to play the expansion that sets up the current expansion!! How ever will they make it!!

Then they don’t really care to see the whole story in chronological order. If that’s the case then who cares that they have to start in BFA?

There is a reason why there’s WoW: Classic.

I recommend him to play those first.

He is new here. Tell him not to feel so entitled. He is not special. It’s not Blizz fault why he is not here from the last 18 years. You know who’s special to Blizz? Those who has been active with WoW since the beginning (18 years now).

1 Like

And even that’s debateable.

against the rules - account sharing

Don’t work on bosses, lol. Atal’dazar, and then of course fear, psychic scream on adds can pull more and wipe.

Yes, this is why i referred to them as a softer form of interrupt. Point being that it is very unlikely to be in a leveling group that has access to 0 interrupts. I don’t think i’ve encountered a single one in fact. The more pressing issue is people being unaware/unwilling to use their interrupts which nothing can really change.

1 Like

Citation needed.

You may need more than 1 interrupt, and I’ve had issues on some bosses in like Atal’dazar and some other ones without having interrupts and squishy tank, and a healer with low heals.

Not everyone is out to get you.

He makes a perfectly valid point and there’s no shortage of people who agree that the leveling experience for a fresh account is a bit of a problem. Chromie time is great for leveling alts but WoW really needs a ‘tourism mode’ for a first time account that completely drops the traditional leveling experience in favor of a sort of ‘best hits’ that carries you through each major expansion in order.

He says, as he’s on a character with only 14 posts - most of which, if not all, came from this post

But BFA explains almost nothing. Who is the Alliance? What’s a Horde? Why are they fighting? What’s with the giant sword? Who’s Sargeras?

To be fair… neither does vanilla… :rofl:

If he really cares… there’s boatloads of wiki’s on the history of Azeroth. The in-game lore has always been woefully incomplete and for the past couple of expansions has flat out relied on out of game novels to explain what’s going on.

1 Like

But '04 didn’t have nearly 20 years of back-content to play through.

Well, it did have 4 RTS games (3 full games and 1 expac) of lore behind it though. I doubt anyone who showed up to Western Plaguelands who knew nothing of WoW lore had even heard of Uther or what happened with him.