You Got what you wanted, dead pvp

A handful of forum posters is a terrible sample size, IMO - it’s not really representative of the whole. We can just agree to disagree on this point and move on.

1 Like

I 100% agree with this. Catering to the top is just a horrible idea and yet they insist on putting all the good rewards out of reach.

You Vulpera friends really love your Dracthyr emojis lol

1 Like

That’s how a lot of reward systems work… the higher you go the better the reward…

What’s wrong with that?

Literally every expansion has the majority of the player base asking for PvP gearing to be easier or nonexistent.

Virtually no one wants to play a game like a second job. Virtually no one wants a weekly set of chores in game, on top of real life.

Those who do probably play Classic :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

No that’s old fashioned. It’s everyone gets 90% of rewards for participation and the top players get maybe a little bit extra. The better rewards should be at the bottom

1 Like

Agreed. Let’s get shorter queue times and actually have fun.

lol no it isn’t. No one playing b/c blizzards mmr/cr system, which funny enough exasperates the issue making it twice as likely people won’t q.

1 Like

Nothing is wrong with having exclusive rewards.

But WoW PvP has an issue where almost all the rewards are for above average players. If the only thing bad or average players can get each season is a Saddle mount, they either won’t queue or stop Qing once that’s achieved. (This is why there’s virtually no casual players in 3s. They don’t think they’re going to get Gladiator and anything else they want can be earned in other game modes.)

But if Rated PvP had a lot of rewards you could earn at any rating, people would continue Qing more often.

1 Like

The top players do get ‘a little bit extra’

Gladiator & Rank 1.

K-Dizzle, most players are what we would consider to be “bad”

Like their end of season peak rating is 1800-2k

Your average joe struggles to break 1600 early season

I’m not going to argue about this anymore. Rank 1 title is the only title that carries over between seasons making it better than the rest and gladiator comes with the prestigious flying mount. That’s not a little bit extra to me

I know, but that still doesn’t mean give glad mount at 1800.

It’s supposed to be the ‘ultimate’ carrot, it’s been this way for nearly 15 years (if not longer).

I’d rather them add a unique mount for healers & RSS legends & a duelist unique ground mount (something that’s big like an infernal or gronn).

Vicious mount is there for participation.

You should have to work for it, get over it.

Nobody is giving you one of the most prestigious mounts in the game for winning at 1600 man.

Such a delusional take.

2 Likes

I’m not in favor of Glad being a participation reward either. But the lack of participation rewards is kneecapping rated PvP.

I’m just saying they could easy put in a duelist or rival title that carries over. Why are rank 1’s the only ones. Verdant Rival or Verdant challenger

1 Like

That’s a good idea, its going to sound stupid but I have an rbg title from 10 years ago (centurian) because at the time pvp was so dead that 1900 was good enough for a top % title reward. For the WoD defenders lol, b/c that was the expac I got it in.

Having them be season name is good b/c it gives context.

1 Like

It’s not just the rewards, it’s accessibility as well.

RSS long qs = mmr stagnation
Nobody qing 3s cause LFG is bad = mmr stagnation

Fix those problems, & if that still doesn’t help add a system that’s similar to trading post goalpost:

Win 10 rated matches, 3 BGs per week or complete the weekly PvP quests every week for the season: get an end of season mount.

(Recolor of this purple or black)

Something like that.

I do believe duelist should have a brutish kinda ground mount like infernal or gronn.

Seasonal Duelist’s Brawler

(Add armor to it)

I also believe RSS Legend should have it’s own unique flying mount (not just a glad recolor) for example armored wylderdrake.

Verdant Legend’s Wylderdrake

3 Likes

Getting stronger stats in gear by pvping is not fun and never will be fun or rewarding. All it encourages is people to buy boosts to get carried to get the gear, and then the gear carries them because blizzard cant balance except “nerf the stats to the ground” or “buff the stats to the moon”

gear progression for stronger stats in pvp is trash. It doesnt make you good. Sounds like you just want max gear while others dont so you can feel like you know what you’re doing

King of bad takes and gaslighting. I mean you barely pvp as it is. What is with the rambling lol

Here is the thing Blizzard doesn’t care as much about pvp right now during this transition…these next 3 xpacks are where this transition will really show…

pvp was at its most fun when everything was allowed lol random trinkets in bgs and sets and mismatched stuff theory-crafting…now its just static. get gear and get gud while waiting for decay and burst cd being up.

1 Like

Make love not warcraft by south park says it best, you guys earned your Super High ratings, and you are amazing at the game.

But at what price? Say goodbye to hobbies, friends, free time, less sleep because you put in long hours on the game. The endless reading guides, studying the game, studying dozens 3rd party addons.

New players trying wow, they look confused, the game seems overwhelming to them. They will wander wow alone for a while until they get snatched up by a PvE guild, players will start guiding them in the right direction, where to get their 20 starter addons, how to keybind and start to memorize their 30+ keybinds.

You big shot pvp players earned what ya got, no doubt, but the price you paid to get there… The investment just to play wow pvp as the basic bottom level, are the rewards and fun of this game worth the investment, the cost? atm I would say hell no!

Easier to learn to play a musical instrument than to play wow, that is fact! What would impress a relationship more playing music or bragging about being a high warlord gladiator thingie? GET GUD, naaa, I wanna get BAD lol. Sunshine, fresh air is healthy!