You Got what you wanted, dead pvp

All the PvP elitists got exactly what they have been begging for for years, dead pvp.

Whining about casuals and bads getting higher ratings
Whining about PvE players pvping
Whining about gear differentials.

You got what you wanted in all these things. And surprise to nobody except the pvp elitists, nobody wants to play anymore but them, and so pvp is essentially dead.

WoW is an RPG at its roots, the entire game is built around power progression of your character, so naturally the vast majority of the playerbase are people interested in this power progression as a critical game mechanic. Where do you think the pvp audience comes from? It comes from this same playerbase, RPG gamers. People aren’t coming over to WoW pvp from counterstrike. They are coming from WoW pve.
Gear differentials are an important aspect of PvP in WoW, gear should matter, time invested should matter. A geared, skilled player is top of the pile, a skilled ungeared player should be beaten by an unskilled geared player. If you remove this, the unskilled geared players will no longer pvp, there goes most of your pve players, probably over half the pvp population killed in 1 blow. Is it really that big of a deal that some unskilled players kills you because they have more gear then you? Don’t like it, gear up and beat them. The gear differential needs to return. That’s the 1st step to reviving WoW PvP.

The next thing, Blizzard seems to maybe realize already? But Rating inflation needs to be much higher, the worst of the worst pvp players need to be able to feel like they are achieving something, Nobody is going to pvp in wow if they can’t accomplish their goals because R1 players are down in the 1800-2000s. There needs to be massive inflation and a smurf counters implemented. Is it really that big of a deal that some keyboard turning clicker gets 1800? the top of the top rewards can still be unobtainable to all but a very few, but more rewards need to be achievable for unskilled or medium skilled players.

TLDR: Massively increase rating inflation, bring back gear differentials and a gear treadmill so that pvp can be and feel more rewarding to more players.

42 Likes

But didn’t casuals ask for this to be removed?

19 Likes

they thought they wanted it, but they didn’t. Also even though casuals, those were still pvp elitists, in the sense that they believed they were a different class of player from pve players

1 Like

39 Likes

I’m fairly sure it wasn’t the elitists who complained about gear differentials.

If they are getting higher rating, they aren’t bads anymore.

4 Likes

PvP elitist is not the same as Elite PvPer. Those two are not the same thing. You don’t have to be good at PvP to be a PvP elitist.

2 Likes

Is this broken for you too? It was funny though.

Now that’s just patently false. If Blizzard inflated everyones rating by 2000, you would say all those 2400 players are good now? That’s what rating inflation means, inflating the rating so that players can achieve higher ratings regardless of skill level.

3 Likes

Works for me but I’m on mobile atm

Oh, good, a hypothetical that would never happen.

I had to open it in a new tab, the forum doesn’t show it properly.

What are you talking about? they are literally doing it right now, read the Blizzard post, they are currently increasing rating inflation.

1 Like

Yes. In little bits over the course of a season.

And my post is that they need to increase it dramatically. In which case, “bads” would get higher rating than they currently have. What are you not understanding about this?

1 Like

we want pvers in PVP and i couldn’t care less if people got glad mounts in inflated season i just wanna game

what we don’t want is busted pve trinkets in PVP like BFA

22 Likes

If blizz does this I’ll quit the game same day. Simple as. Only reason I came back to the game is because competitive pvp was/is so accessible. You are in the tiny minority that thinks this is a good idea, and if you don’t enjoy pvp for fun / gameplay that’s a YOU problem.

10 Likes

Oh so you want to be carried by gear got it. Get gud noob. You literally have 0 rating and 0 games played, looks like you don’t have a clue. All the people who que pvp that I know love the fact we don’t have to grind to play the game and have a good time.

1 Like

Am I? then why is nobody playing pvp? WoW pvp is dead, people like you killed it.

4 Likes

I am exactly who has a clue you clod. PvP is dead because people LIKE ME aren’t pvping. Turns out there aren’t enough people like you to sustain a healthy PvP community in an RPG game, who would have thought.

2 Likes

PvP is fine.

6 Likes