"You don't need mythic gear for world content" Is true, but

I don’t remember the reaction to the Proving Grounds but I have seen a lot of people liking the Mage Tower.

1 Like

And I have a smile on my face that you think that you’re somehow “whining” when we are getting what we want and you only think you are.

1 Like

That’s an extreme step. The people who push group content and go hard on beta testing things aren’t going to complain about a timer.

Solo/bad players are the only ones that ever complain about timers.

Yet it’s more likely the people who already complained about timers are the ones complaining about more timers.

That will ultimately depend on how Blizz handles their legacy content scaling. I’m just saying if Blizz tells us to just get better gear, those players who do legacy content will ask for better gear from their chosen form of content. It’s down to Blizz to ensure their scaling isn’t broke.

1 Like

A lot of people liked it, but also a lot of people hated it. Which is unfortunate since it was fun content.

I mean even if it was lip service. It still felt good. So you can think what you want. You got told by Ion. Have a nice day.

1 Like

I’d love to see the open world be more challenging than it is. When SWTOR first came out there would be certain zones that were heroic level and forced you to either know your class or group up with a person or two. And players did it because the gear you got was better than what you would get from the solo content. I think that type of content would be a godsend to this game, but it will never happen. Every single time solo content comes out that actually forces you to think ,know your class or learn mechanics, this forum gets filled with whining posters demanding it to be nerfed. And Blizzard caves every single time.

I initially thought World Quests would be like GW2 map objectives when they first came out and they were nothing like it. I like the idea of events popping up on the maps (similar to open world Visions stuff, these elemental invasions, etc.) especially when it involves going back to older zones.

People who don’t want group content don’t want it precisely because grouping means spending time with people with garbage attitudes like this.

Somewhere along the line “challenging” got conflated with “prepared to tolerate douchebags” instead of any gameplay related meaning.

Solo players want challenging solo content with progressive rewards.

4 Likes

You know, as much as people complained about artifact power, it was actually a pretty good system for solo players to still have a progression system while still doing all the same content they like doing without having to raid. It needed some tweaks and azerite armor was definitely not an improvement on it, but I think it was not a bad answer to people asking for that looking back on it now.

1 Like

I could say that of a lot of content in the game though. But I’ve seen more positive comments on it than negative. And most of the negative was people mad they can’t still get the weapon skins.

I’m not the one who made the thread, also your data please? Cuz every other day there is a solo player asking for harder content and better reward and the reason to dismiss is always based on content that didn’t actually provide gear progression because when it actually did “vision” it was well received

Eh, korthia gear was enough to do M NH and most of tomb, and every boss until eonar in antorus pre-nerf, yet players still complained about the tuning in cypher gear.

I hated it and am glad it’s gone. What I’ll be doing instead is working on my professions.

What did you hate about it? Just wondering.

Infinite grind and a lack of a cap.

Legion worked because the things you unlocked were at least interesting effects. BFA, not so much.

I don’t have to think anything. I’m getting what I want. Ion can lie to you if it gets you off our backs, at the end of the day, WoW is a video game that you play, and not a forum debate, and getting the video game we want to play is “winning” and nothing else.

See that’s what I mean by:

Never ending grinds never feel rewarding. It feels like a carrot on a stick. And for artifact knowledge, it started out way too slow and grindy. Until they fixed the system, but they waited a while to do that. It then became the thing the game was about. So carrot on a stick became the thing for every expac after and it felt bad. It made it so working on one character was all there was time for and not leveling alts and working on professions more.

2 Likes

And their solution to those problems gave us SL renown.