Yep tanks were the problem

Explain how it’s different.

I think it’s a player / community problem and not a role problem.

A bunch of guildies and I qued for heroics last night, consisting of 3 DPS and a healer. EVERY tank we got just went balls-to-the-wall, pull-all-the-things-and-get-everyone-killed all night. It was actually obnoxious, haha. I don’t think Blizzard can really design content to stop people like that.

1 Like

They stop you from ever pulling more than the devs want you to pull, so no matter what you do it on the devs intended route

I was thinking about this today.

Why are FF14 dungeons able to have a higher level of difficulty while still being completable? I still feel like I have to play decent to beat a dungeon in FF14 and it helps me learn to play my class. I’m learning nothing when all I’m doing is running through the dungeon and only occasionally doing a large heal before running again.

I’ve been wondering about this idea lately.

I do sense that is a real conflict right now between two different communities.
People, for example, who actually want a good levelling experience, difficult but not impossible dungeons, and in general are playing most for the social aspect. Meanwhile, the other group is actually hostile to the notion of fun or the idea that anything outside the highest level should have difficulty delaying them from the highest level.

They made a version of classic called ‘hardcore’ - maybe they could make a version called ‘competitive wow’

2 Likes

If I’m the tank and people decide to leeroy ahead of me and pull everything and die, that’s on them.

1 Like

Well for starters M+ will only have max level players in it. The behavior people are talking about here is a result of the scaling making low level players extremely strong.

And Blizzard is going to nerf that scaling tomorrow anyway.

Why wouldnt it work?

Why don’t you just move faster?

The content is so easy right now.

Thats what we all want as tanks, the joy of dealing with abusive dps if we don’t go fast enough and being constantly told to speed up.

4 Likes

There is a solution… you cam go faster.

The content is very easy at the moment.

Bring back tanking stats. People were much better behaved when there was a real 1-shot potential.

1 Like

Because it is heroics. Just chill and kill stuff.
With m0 and m+ it will change. Then you can plan about your pulls.
It is literally the 2nd day…

You have a point with this it did prevent a lot o issues that are plaguing the game now.

1 Like

Bad habits learned in Remix.

1 Like

Speeding through dungeons as fast as possible is how they are supposed to be played OP, if they weren’t we wouldn’t have timers in the more advanced versions.

That’s just an indication of under tuned content. People don’t do that in content that’s tuned to actually kill them if they try that.

Which doesn’t mean pulling so much the healer is overwhelmed by AoE damage, the DPS dies, and the tank ignores all of that and keeps going on full speed ahead without a thought to the dead dps or the stressed healer.

Have you done M+? Because remix style pulling is NOT how M+ ever functions.

I’ve been playing mythic+ since the day it launched in legion, and I’m fully aware of what it’s like but you people are complaining about normals of all things, even in heroics what you’re describing doesn’t exist.

I was thinking this. It’s like people are still in remix mode

1 Like