Yep another one

Again. The answers I give, don’t fit your narrative, so you don’t like them.

No one is getting around the system that is in place.

The system is: groups up to 5 may click the queue button. Larger groups are unable to click said button.

The system also decides to place multiple groups into the same instance.

It sometimes doesn’t.

Yes, there is. But not for your reason. It’s in place because the solo players demanded that the game be fit around them.

Blizzard used to. It was how it was originally built. They caved to pressure from the solo crowd.

It isn’t an exploit. They have a debuff, they turn off said debuff before entering a match.
I realise you don’t like how they play, but they aren’t doing anything wrong.

Twinks used to be able to play in normal BG queues, with their debuff on. Blizzard put them in their own queue, after caving from the solo player. Players who didn’t want to learn to win. Players who didn’t like to compete with other players. In an MMO. In PvP.

This game never needed a ‘Social Contract’, back when it was a social game. Now it’s just a solo queue game. And population has fallen steadily. For sure correlation.

Solo players have infected the game with their demands for their experience to be taken as the only possible experience. Rather than learn to communicate with their fellow players, they constantly demand Blizzard create solo queues for everything. See how well that has worked in RSS?

I agree 100% with this statement:

The first time I ever PvP’d I got destroyed… BUT instead of going on forums and crying about it, I learned what I was doing wrong.

YES it was a ME issue… I had no clue what PvP was and my gear was very basic leveling stuff that was making me under perform. I looked people up to figure out what I was doing wrong and fixed MYSELF to become a better player. I didn’t BLAME every other player who actually had PvP gear on, used potions, used flasks, used gliders… I learned about a whole new part of the game where EFFORT actually matters.

again 100% agree

Why on earth would you show up to a Player VS Player situation if YOU aren’t going to put in 100% effort???

this isn’t some dumb NPC boss that just targets the tank, YOU are playing other HUMAN beings that THINK, GEAR and STRATEGIZE…

Why would you handicap yourself or your team by showing up unprepared???

if you are just leveling then go dungeon… you are guaranteed a WIN… almost guaranteed at least one piece of gear… and you will get more EXP then showing up unprepared and failing a BG.

2 Likes

Its ok to ignore the obvious thats your choice. Doesnt change anything ive said. Have a good day there stomping pugs. Thats just not fun to me but to each thier own. I have yet to see someone not in those communities say they love going against yall so it is what it is i suppose. I want everyone to enjoy the game not just select groups of people. Something will eventually be done about it. Blizz has set that precedent and will make changes when enough people are against it and that group is growing whether you like it or not.

1 Like

Coping mechanism, it’s ok.

It’s not about stomping pugs.

It’s about your own team, playing objectives, following the strat.

It’s about not losing because there are 10 people fighting in front of the keep gates, not actually doing anything, they may as well be dueling in Durotar.

So do I. There are lots of things to do. Not everyone will enjoy everything.

So, you are demanding the game be changed to allow you to enjoy the game your way. So you only want your select group of players to be able to have fun.

I assume the XP off crowd are having fun. But you want the game changed so they can’t.

It’s not fun playing against them, so I move on. I go and find the things that I do have fun with. I don’t come to the forums to demand that they be punished.

2 Likes

Lol thats what you took from that line of text.

You don’t want anything changed? You’re not here trying to make out that the premaders are doing something wrong and that they need to be stopped?

Im in the group that thinks its not a healthy thing for the game yea. Im not out here demanding anything just giving my opinion on what i think is right and wrong with the current state of the game. Im sorry it doesnt fit your “narrative” as you like to say.

1 Like

So, you do want something changed? For the game to be fixed?

Would you be happier if I change demand for request?

Im not out here threatening anything not saying id quit if it got changed or didnt get changed. Just giving my opinion on a matter that seems to be a pretty hot topic on the forums. Its ok to disagree with me it doesnt bother me at all. But to blow things out of proportion and act like your opinion only matters yea that bothers me a little bit,

Demand isn’t synonymous with threaten. No idea why you would think that.

I don’t know where you are getting that from, you are welcome to your opinion. I haven’t asked for you to stop posting have I?

Maybe i shouldve stated that i didnt think it was my right that they change things i suppose that wouldve been a better way to say it. Again i stand by the fact that this entire post bothers you alot more than it bothers me. Your post count on these topics shows that. I want the game to thrive im not scared of change.

Not a fact. Just your assumption.

I’m responding to posts, why does post count mean anything to you?

As do I.

Neither am I. But the way things have been changed in the past, based on the solo demands, hasn’t really helped the game thrive, has it?

1 Like

best expac ive seen since coming back id say they are doing a pretty good job. That solo bracket you seem to hate so much is the most popular rated mode in the game and last season seen a huge spike in rated arena play. Its not as popular now because of rating inflation i dont think anyone disputes that. Thing will change as long as the playerbase continues to decline.

Before I joined a community I had come back after 8years away due to moving to buying a new house that is nice and secluded with over a 1/4mile long dirt driveway. There was no internet hooked up and they wanted $12k to run lines…that since changed to $2.5k and i grabbed it thus i returned to wow.
I always loved PvP and since i came in mid expansion of shadowlands trying to catch up in raiding seemed quite difficult. So i simply did pvp. In less than a month back i wanted to quit…simply because of toxicity and animosity in the teams of pugs.

An Aussie group recruited me privately and I have never turned back. It went form toxicity and general mayhem and foolish strats to Fun and coordination and having help when i called out. I didn’t so much ever care weather i won or lost before and even after but i wanted to have fun and pug queues were not fun…and it wasn’t because we faced premades it was simply lack of organization and all the misery random players brought into the match.

So it cuts both ways…some people do not like BGS and won’t want to play with the communities and some won’t want to play without. Not one community i roll with really wants am easy win…they want the challenges…the hard fights where a win is worth its weight in gold. The best matches are the ones that are neck and neck and hard fought.

1 Like

It’s not that I hate the solo bracket. It’s that it isn’t conducive to social play.
It isn’t funneling people towards helping each other. It’s causing them to split.

I have 6 healers, none of them play it, except to do the quest. Not because of ‘number not go up’, but because the standard solo player has no idea how to work as a team. And RSS isn’t going to help them work it out.

1 Like

Um. That already happens.

Care to elaborate?

the ONLY thing I wish Blizzard would change is…

REQUIRE a MINIMUM I-level to join a PvP game…

it is a TEAM event and when people show up with NO gear or item level 8 stuff from NOOBY island @ 50 they are worthless as teammates.

I’m talking mainly leveling BG’s but I have seen and heard of low gear 70’s queing up as well.

PvP is a TEAM vs TEAM event and we NEED players to have BASIC gear before showing up.

I don’t know if I like this idea.

I would be happier if the game automatically scaled you up to a minimum ilvl. Or used templates if you’re below it. Once you’re past that minimum though, it should just go with the gear you have on.

But requiring people to gear up before they enter a match isn’t very welcoming for casual players and we want them to enjoy themselves.

I’d happily support honor gear being free. Completely. Not even require gold to buy it. Make it worthless for PvE, if necessary, but still allow it to level up for PvE with honor.

2 Likes

OP, you should join a premade and PvP community! It changed the way I see this game. It may improve your attitude towards the game too.

3 Likes