Yep another one

Very few people in SaS are in the discord. And those that are are telling each other jokes.

Blizzard designed the system. The system has not been changed in 8 years.

Blizzard designed a system in which you can only queue for BGs with no more than 5 people. Blizzard then designed a system in which premades are more likely to be paired against each other, ensuring a fair PvP experience for all.

What is happening is Epic Premades are abusing two system designs for their own personal gains. You are using 2 features that are intended to deter this type of behavior for the opposite.

Again, per Blizzard.

The normal Battleground queue is for players to jump in and play against other players in a similar situation. We realize that it’s not a perfect system, and we’re still looking at ways to improve normal Battleground queues further. Regardless, it’s not meant for organized groups to “pug stomp” and get quick Honor. We have built in outlets for players that want to organize–if a competitive, social experience was really the goal, then there are clear ways to achieve that.

The ultimate effect that this kind of queuing has had is to drive players away from PvP. Perhaps it’s been a long time since you’ve been in a random group, but a lot of players will see that they’re up against a premade and simply quit. At best, they suffer through it. To an extent premade groups count on this. Heck, one of the popular addons announces opposing players that appear to have rage quit.

Here’s one for you, A players asked this…

12/04/2012 03:01 PM Posted by Xaeva
You gave us everything we needed, including the idea, but then turned around and slapped our hands, pointed a finger, called us a name and said, this is NOT for you, it is for the REAL players.

The response?

You’ve made the assumption that all those things were accomplished expressly so that you could queue into battlegrounds as an organized group against disorganized opponents? That assumption is mistaken. If you want organized PvP against organized opponents, as you claim, that experience is readily available.

No one’s wrist was slapped. There have been no suspensions over this issue. We’re just making our stance on the subject clear, so that there’s no room for misunderstanding.

2 Likes

the problem is you are missing context. cata was a different time with a lot more players playing and a lot more players playing rbgs. there were enough players in the RBG ladder that the idea of telling teams to go do rated was still valid.

its been 11 years since then and what it turns out players really want is the sense of community like they had back in vanilla.

2 Likes

I can queue for rated BGs at 9 am EST and still get paired within 10 minutes, so this doesn’t really stand.

That’s great, but you can be a community without having massive groups in battlegrounds. Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

2 Likes

10 minutes to fill 10 player on each team for substantial reward vs epics which fill 80 people in 3-4 minutes for no reward. RBGs are dead dude.

you can have fun by yourself outside of battlegrounds as well.

These guys do not care what we or blizzard says it’s only about them they will play up till it doesn’t work in their favor or they get punished, personally I hope it’s both, all we need to do is bring attention to the very obvious cheating and start report them, so blizzard has no choice but to take notice.

No they are not you just don’t want fair fights at least be honestly bud

The biggest problem is those that do epic premade sync-queues will never admit to the damage being done by them doing it. All the matches where pugs start with 30 or fewer people vs a full enemy team because syncers didn’t get enough people in the queue. Then the damage done to pugs because there’s almost always premades running. It is an issue, it has many drawbacks - it’s unintended (Blizzard broke 5+ group queues long ago to prevent it)

3 Likes

I want Blizz to drop the 5-man restriction personally. Would love to hop into LFG tool with a bunch of other conquest clad PvPers looking to get their daily win and smash these guys.

1 Like

i’ve said multiple times that if you think we are doing that, to feel free to bring any team you want to face us.

you won’t, we all know it, so it really is you who doesn’t want a good fight.

I like how you skip the paragraphs at the start and end, talking about addons. Here is the full one:

I’ll try to break it down as clearly as I can:

Any addon that enables a full, organized Battleground group to queue against a randomly assembled group is creating a scenario where that coordinated group has a huge advantage. That is not in the spirit of the experience we want to provide in the normal Battleground queue. Playing with friends is fun and important, but it shouldn’t come at the expense of the spirit of the game nor the fun of others.

The normal Battleground queue is for players to jump in and play against other players in a similar situation. We realize that it’s not a perfect system, and we’re still looking at ways to improve normal Battleground queues further. Regardless, it’s not meant for organized groups to “pug stomp” and get quick Honor. We have built in outlets for players that want to organize–if a competitive, social experience was really the goal, then there are clear ways to achieve that.

The ultimate effect that this kind of queuing has had is to drive players away from PvP. Perhaps it’s been a long time since you’ve been in a random group, but a lot of players will see that they’re up against a premade and simply quit. At best, they suffer through it. To an extent premade groups count on this. Heck, one of the popular addons announces opposing players that appear to have rage quit.

Addons aren’t really a viable solution for botting issues, but we do take those issues seriously and we’ll continue our work on improvements to the Battleground system, including better ways to deal with botting and other exploitative gameplay.

https://www.engadget.com/2012-12-05-blizzard-takes-a-stand-against-pre-mades-battleground-groups.html

They haven’t changed it in 8 years.

Blizz kinda covered this too!

Posted by Xaeva
Now let us be honest, due to these addons and people like Rathamus and Tiny, regular Battleground PVP had picked up and was growing by leaps and bounds. That is what alerted you. More and more people were turning to the “coordinated” PVP and fewer and fewer “random groups” were being formed. The BG’s were no longer sitting idle.

The response…

What is true that there’s been an increase in pre-made groups disrupting the PvP experience for other players, though. Pre-mades in the normal queue, however they are formed, are not something that we’ve ever been particularly fond of. It had become more of an issue of late, so we addressed it accordingly.

Also

I know for a fact, that more and more of our games were against other “coordinated” opposing players. Battles became longer, harder and a whole hell of a lot more fun! They were not the Farm fest you claim they were, they were true Player vs Player games. Not scripted, not forced on anyone, not the repetitive grind of the normal wow game.

Blizz Response…

Perhaps this seemed to be your personal experience, but I assure you that this was far from generally the case. Regardless, what of the games that you played that weren’t against other pre-mades? Just hapless casualties to your fun, I suppose?

Based on your enthusiasm for “true Player vs Player” combat, I’m sure that you’ll find War Games and Rated Battlegrounds quite compelling.

I miss when Blues would get spicy on the forums.

2 Likes

that already happened lol yall won’t fight on a fair playing field

So they addressed it. And haven’t changed it in 8 years.

im pretty sure that ever since the forum trolls made that one blue have a mental breakdown and quit they have been really avoidant of engaging with the community.

again, with the if I don’t get caught cheating it’s not cheating logic…

you are cheating by complaining on the forums instead of fighting fair in game.

If you want to believe that chatting is cheating, that’s up to you.

1 Like

No where did anyone say chatting is cheating… forming a raid in non-raid content is cheating…

nobody is queuing as a raid, we would like to though