Years of practice doesn't change the fact

thats the point :slight_smile:

if you read the thread i think you’ll see that isn’t so.

When was your last cutting edge, guy?

Mythic is way harder than vanilla raiding, it’s not even a debate.

1 Like

Not interested in reading through a hundred+ replies to find a point you should’ve made in your OP.

I don’t have a ton of experience raiding…

But I am sick of people saying we were just dumb back in 2004-6, and somehow those pre raid bis geared, coordinated 40 man groups using all kinds of consumables etc were just keyboard turning incompetent monkeys.

Wasn’t the case. Something is way off imo.

Still a blast for me though.

1 Like

No. People disagree. You assume it’s “something we already know”, but like I said, read the thread and people do not seem to realize.

I feel like everyone on this forum just disagrees by default and only half the time comprehend anything being said.

Exactly. Finally someone with some common sense.

1 Like

Who cares, I still prefer it over the current game. Just ran SFK 3 times with guild and had more fun than I’ve had in WoW in years.

Hahahahahaha… This is on point 100%. Nail on the head, friend.

Okay, so… you made a thread to remark upon something most of us already know and some people don’t know?

I’m asking what the point of this thread was. Just talking? “There is a balance problem.” Okay. And?

Spell damage was not a “blind alley”. Everyone knew about it just like everyone knew certain gear sets sucked. As a mage back then I can say for 100% certain every mage knew the mage T1 set was awful compared to random +spell power. What you’re forgetting as well was the item reworks. Before the gear/stat reworks very few items even had spell power. Also they didn’t prioritize the sets most of the time. BIS items were fought after and dropped rarely where class items dropped frequently. So you would end up with your class set while waiting on that chestplate to drop and then fight 2-3 other classes for it.

The only people with FR pre-rag were tanks, potentially melee on those fire packs. Most of the Fire damage in Rag wasn’t avoidable, you were going to take some fire damage and it was going to hurt. No one I know stacked 315 except for the Tanks. Melee would do more because of the lava situation, but Clothies would stack more or less depending on their gear level/spec.

School spell damage was a random enchantment even before later patch changes:
http://web.archive.org/web/20050223025757/http://www.thottbot.com:80/?n=7882

Its blizzard fault for allow the “Nochanges cry babies” run WoW instead of them.

They should implement HEROIC/MYTHIC difficulty on every dungeon-raid of the game. Cuz of the “Nochagnes” heros are CASUALS …

Get this through your head. Mythic is not hard, WOW is not hard, no iteration of WOW is hard.

If you believe WOW is hard, any iteration of it, than you must have a low IQ.

It’s not necessarily that we were dumb but that the information that we now consider commonplace was the exclusive province of theorycrafters back then. It has since been distilled and shares to the point it is common knowledge now. Additionally, we’ve gotten used to far more complex mechanics than anything used in Vanilla raids.

Besides that, there is a wide difference between the average player and the tippy-top of every game in skill.

My son and I like to play old-school games like Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi’s Island and Super Mario 64. We have fun, and are challenged often… but when we watch Youtube videos, there are people who take fan-created levels of such difficulty that I couldn’t even imagine completing and yet they easily speed run them.

When you saw them blow through Molten Core, realize that you’re seeing the top tenth of the top 1% face something that they spent years practicing, in a scenario that is all too common for them.

Certainly, Molten Core is not the hardest of the Vanilla raids, but realize that if it was hard enough that these people would actually need to gear up for it, the vast majority of players would never be able to even dream of completing it.

So wait till 60, try Molten Core in greens, and see how far you manage to make it.

3 Likes

So if raid bosses that take the best players in the world hundreds of attempts to kill aren’t hard… What is?

1 Like

Dont know if you are trolling or serious, but Millenium Problems. Video games are not hard.

They are not going to retune the raid just to give a false imprssion classic is/was hard.

Molten Core is the welfare epics and legendaries of classic.

They are literally being handed out like world quests lol.

Classic skill rotations???

Those are a few.words that don’t belong in the same sentence.

Also, the content is what it was back then. It’s tuned the same. Watch geddon and see the bomb blows you up, mag fears at the same rate, and the others Mana curses and cast speed curses are the same. The game just isn’t hard in end game PvE content.

When Blizzard developed MC they didn’t know what they were doing. Maybe every boss was bugged at launch. THey had no clue how 40 players would organize to defeat a raid. They might not have even known if the zones were going to be 1 raid exclusive or more than one raid could go in.

But yeah, 1.12 stomps MC, just like welfare gear of late content patches in modern wow expansions make earlier raids from the expac trivial.

Oh honey, bless your heart.

…And there are 141 replies to the thread that you don’t care to read. No I won’t summarize it for you.