Yeah, SOM failed for a reason

and part of it was because nobody wanted to play it because leveling cbf. I don’t like questing… Why is that a bad thing? Why can’t I level the way that the genius devs that left long ago allowed us? Why do you force people to level the way they don’t want too? Why do you force aspects of the game on us that we don’t like? I hate questing. Whats my alternative? Not playing? Cool blizzard. Lets take an aspect from another game that didn’t work out so that we can break our current game aswell.

7 Likes

SoM didn’t fail, they just released too many servers. Jom Gabbar still seems to be going strong.

22 Likes

honestly the xp boost needs to be 120% to make me want to slug through 1-60

9 Likes

It failed, nobody plays that crap

10 Likes

it’s medium pop at best with 36 guilds clearing AQ…it’s on life support

3 Likes

I still see plenty of folks on there. It seems like, despite the name of the servers, most people came to SoM for a fresh start as a different faction and to take it easy. After going hard in original classic they considered SoM the leisurely experience.

I know on the forums it doesn’t seem like that, but most folks I knew treated it that way. Which is sensible. I don’t see many raiders wanting to butt heads against higher HP mobs for the same rewards they got last time. SoM’s changes were too few to warrant a new wave of raiders.

8 Likes

its dead dead dead dead dead

3 Likes

Hey, it’s more populated than The Forgotten Coast was when I first started playing! And nobody called that server dead.

…The “it’s forgotten” meme was inevitable but

More like 500% to me

3 Likes

It failed cause we literally just spend the last 3 years running classic. Had SOM started with WOTLK it would be a massive hit

7 Likes

for real…there’s a reason blizzard kept making it easier and easier to skip through leveling.

It stops being fun after you’ve done it the first few times

3 Likes

Leveling is not bad as long as its fairly quick. Here’s hoping they just leave the 50% exp bonus for 1-70 content

1 Like

Yes, because that’s the game. Also no one is stopping you from grinding dungeons you just cant have someone do it for you :clown_face:

Troll post kekw

6 Likes

funniest post so far.

2 Likes

when you find a regular group for uldaman let me know

1 Like

It failed because people just played vanilla. Why on earth would you wanna do it all over again right afterwards, especially when you could play TBC and have a newer experience? Has nothing to do with anything else, such as questing, beyond maybe not adding enough new flavor to it.

2 Likes

Jom is dead SoM is a meme, get over it.

4 Likes

Hit dogs gonna hollar. Guess who cant sell boosts anymore?

3 Likes

It failed because we just finished playing Classic and went on to play fresher content in TBC.

Timing of SoM was not great.

6 Likes

SoM failed because they released way to early.

If they didn’t release it when they did amd were going to release it today, it would still be too early.

3 Likes