Yay paladins!

For group, I spec holy reck, I then heal like a holy paladin, provide freedom, BoP, LoH, and cleanse. I also can one shot people. Incredible in a group

No rational person can disagree that paladins are vastly superior in every way to shaman. Look no further than population distribution for proof.

The question should be, is Blizz going to address this at some point or continue to give the Alliance a massive advantage over the horde. I understand this is only the first stage and no one should get too bent out of shape over the glaring discrepancy at level 25 but if this is going to continue through the duration of SoD Blizz should be transparent about their intent and allow those that wish to be competitive in PvP or PvE the chance to switch factions.

so in other words, reck/ret/kill potential has literally 0 value in pvp as a paladin, okay great to know

No, still great, just a diff playstyle. I just prefer Holy/reck in a premade group.

Ret/reck still has those tools, just not the healing output.

So now you’re back peddling and going with a holy paladin

I think it’s much more due to the flavour of the month value that paladins provide. Of all the classes, they definitely were rounded out the most, but I think that stems mostly from them being the most incomplete class in vanilla, so not only were they the easiest low-hanging fruit to fix with that, but that also made them the most interesting class to pick

2 Likes

Backpedaling? He asked about premade. I answered by saying I usually run Holy/reck in premades. No backpedaling at all.

Can still one shot yet heal like a holy paladin. It is excellent in group play.

Kinda sad, when I gave this guy so much room for doubt, listened to his explanations, gave him room to say his piece and not argue back in his face until he was done, and he takes that as me “not being right”.

Just disappointing. Being courteous appearently is just the same as being wrong

This entire thread is me dunking on you. What are you talking about?

Every time you’ve presented a case, ive brought video proof demonstrating you’re wrong.

Your tears taste sweet

Only in your head

Nope, the videos show him to be wrong over and over.

You mean the one video that shows that a bug from 2019 still exists in the game despite blizzard saying that they intended to fix it?

So what you’re saying is that you’ve been intentionally abusing a bug that was supposed to be patched?

And the second video which I picked apart and explained why it’s a total outlier and not at all indicative of a typical scenario?

Those two videos?

You show a video of a paladin duelng pretty much the only class it hard counters in a 1v1 and present that as proof of ret paladin being S tier in era pvp

You are absolute clown tier

Paladins were by far the best healer and offered the best buffs in Classic. I agree that prot and ret left much to be desired but the same could be said for druids, shaman, and priests. Paladins, at least in this bracket, are objectively better than any other class if you consider all the spec options. If the class was offered to both factions ala hunter/warrior this would not present a problem but being faction exclusive gives a huge advantage to the Alliance.

Having said that, Blizz can either bring shamans up to par with paladins or let people know they intend to continue allowing paladins to be the best class in the game so they can plan the rest of SoD accordingly. I will add that it will be insanely difficult to make shaman and paladins have an equal power level without nerfing the current state of paladin.

It was not only that, but the guy either had crit buffs, or was insanely lucky, he got 13/21 attacks be crits, and additionally had either wcb, or kiss of the spider to be able to get 3 autos in on a 6 second stun with a 3.8s weapon

Again, you have a problem with your brain. He presented his mathematical breakdown of a reck stack doing 1500 damage.

It was shown to him that this is simply not the case, nor is it even close. Reck bombs routinely do 4k+ damage, and in a reliable fashion.

Try to keep up.

It isn’t insanely lucky. It literally happens all the time.

You wouldn’t know because you already stated you haven’t played reck and hardly pvp.

None of what you said is proof of ret paladin being S TIER in era pvp

Having a cheesy 1 shot you can occasionally abuse is HARDLY a qualifier for being S tier

I said YOUR ret stack would do, on average, 1500 damage.

even that guy’s ret stack only did about 2.2k damage, it was the follow ups that sealed the deal

AND also worth noting, the meta these days is for rogues to use living action potions. Payo was going by duelling ettitquette which is no pots. but rogues are definitely not eating your full 6 second stun and taking all those hits without lapping