Y'all really need to tell us what was flagged

I was once silenced for a “harassing post” that was completely blank.

Thankfully the GMs overrode that bit of zaniness, but it goes to show just how obtuse the system here can be.

2 Likes

How dare you make a blank post and harass someone with your silence! I am outraged!

Am I doing it right? :grin:

1 Like

5 Likes

They should of sent a notice, or forums message showing. They do it all the time for my posts lol
Btw, the flag system is abused for a silence/downvote basically.

I posted something that was said to me, not the actual words, but abbreviated to show what was said. They flagged and removed that post. But yet the person was allowed to say it in game :thinking:

Something someone said… you didn’t name names, did you? That’s a major nono.

so you just made this topic as spam then lol right

just clean your posts up and it wont happen

1 Like

The message only says something was hidden and the flag reason. It doesn’t show you the particular post. That only happens once they send you the restore message.

2 Likes

Rhielle we can stand arm in arm as brother and sister over this

1 Like

It’s not a matter of “cleaning up posts”, it’s about simply posting something that someone dislikes, or responding in a thread where someone who dislikes you exists, and you get spam alt flagged into oblivion

I had 6 or 7 posts flagged then restored the other day. They were “clean”. I was simply unfairly targeted by an angry, frustrated person on the forums.

3 Likes

Right lol. I get the notice something has been flagged but they don’t tell me which one it was! How am I supposed to know?!

3 Likes

We’re like dogs and cats. We argue, but I have nothing against you, m’dear. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Dude back off the hate man, it’s ugly and adds nothing to the forums.

Seriously.

I agree with this so hard.

Sometimes people flag really old posts when they get mad at me and it’s impossible to find em.

I’d rather be able to review it at least.

3 Likes

I’d honestly really like to know why someone thought it was a good idea to flag that stuff, because absolutely nothing you said was against the CoC. Bunch of mine got flagged got flagged and reinstated in there, too. Did they just not like to see us arguing? lol

We seriously need a real report system back. :confused:

2 Likes

It’s also crazy that posts with actual facts in them are actioned, meanwhile posts deliberately to bait and troll remain up.

4 Likes

Lol. There are a couple of greens worth reading. Just a couple though.

Though I will admit I am prejudiced against the greens.

2 Likes

My judgement is that the thing that got me banned for 24 hours was one of the most benign things I have ever said here. Meanwhile people say harmful and homophobic things and never seem to suffer consequences.

The rules seem arbitrary and not at all consistent is what I am saying.

3 Likes

It’s reddit style moderation. Sucks when you get an activist mod. The rules are open to interpretation and open ended.

2 Likes

I agree with this part, it perfectly describes the MVP program.

1 Like