Y'all really need to tell us what was flagged

From what I have seen, if you get flagged for moderation, it doesn’t tell you what it was. If you actually get moderated, then they reveal the post. Kind of an aggravating system. If I say something wrong / bad/ stupid, I’d at least like to know instead of digging through my post history to see if anything is flagged.

1 Like

move servers and watch the post count poof.

I’d have to move a guild and myself. So not worth the money. lol

TBH if downvotes still existed, there’d be a lot less stupid flagging.

Having the system designed for posts to be flagged for whatever reason being used as the system to express disagreement was a stupid idea on Blizzards part.

1 Like

I support this cause because flagging system in general is out of whack and thanks to a GM that gave me some insight. Moderators and Game Masters aren’t doing their job and overlooking a lot of this stuff abusing the ToS and letting toxic users get away with it. It wasn’t like this before, but it has gotten extremely effective around 2016+. Most efficiently 2018 which was a hellish year of false flagging.

Nah it will still exist, but be overshadowed.

As in it isn’t actual moderation and once it has been flagged to that point it won’t change anything even if you can see which one is buried?

Clarify what? Either they didn’t like the post and decided to flag, or it has something like masked profanity. You can get rid of the profanity if you edit I guess, but unless it actually clears the flags what is the outcome you hope for by editing it?

Well that’s why I said “a lot less” and not zero.

The ambiguous nature of most flags makes it virtually impossible to definitively pin something as a “false flag”.

Though the cynic in me thinks that that’s somewhat deliberate and lets Blizzard get away with reduced moderation since they can ignore most flags by assuming that people are using them to disagree rather than necessarily need to bring them to a mods attention.

And we’d still like to know what it is that’s flagged. Not sure why that’s difficult.

shakes head

Not even going to answer this. :woman_facepalming:

dude. i feel this.
i fear that if you spend enough time here you see the glaring " wtf why isnt this a thing ? "
this forum is built with scotch tape.
also if you havent been put in baby forum jail yet for making a offbrand joke you havent lived yet.

1 Like
Wha?

Also I disagree that mods can see edits and if alts are used to mass report.

Prolly would take an entire raid tier or something.

Yeah, I get it. I’m just not seeing the point.

I don’t get it. If I call someone a name (just one example) and then edit it AFTER it got mass flagged so that maybe a mod will give it a pass that’s hopefully futile and the mods will still penalize for it. If they don’t, then it was a waste of time to even edit it.

But alright. We aren’t on the same page.

you feel like a child being put in a corner.
like for time out.
and as a grown adult its irrationally irritating to me how these forum mods cant just be like " ha ha, funny joke. "

hi im plaguedemon, i wear a tin foil hat. it shines brightly but most ignore it.

They can. I’ve been told they can click on the orange edit icon and see what was originally there.

And we were specifically told by a Blue here when the forums first launched that they know when alts are used to mass report. My niece was also sanctioned for doing exactly that. Two week ban for mass flagging on your alts, btw.

1 Like

Are forums bans and game bans linked?

Not that I’ve ever heard of, no.

I find that odd since I know people do it and don’t get any action against them. I suppose my new statement is that even if they can see that alts are used for mass reporting, if the reports are justified due to the individual actually doing something against the rules then they don’t care. However, if it’s used to simply silence someone that hasn’t done anything wrong, they MIGHT get actions against them.

Even people that false flag get no action against them seemingly.

It may be something they watch for over a long period of time. She’s since had her phone and comp taken away for it. lol

That could be it. I do think false flagging should be a vacation level offense. With the amount of times I’ve been false flagged and nothing is done to those that do it, it gets quite frustrating.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m up to three so far today. :expressionless:

1 Like