Y'all really need to tell us what was flagged

I think this is referring to people of elite and wealthy status, as the “F 12” I saw on the side of the bank seemed to be implying that they were all above the rest of us, since 12, although a common number, is impossible in 01 binary language. Hence, they’re pretending they’re like us, but aren’t. That’s what I think it means when they say “F…12”. Please let me know if you’d like me to shed light on other pop culture sayings and rap phrases

1 Like

Has the edit button appeared for the original post on here?

You are right! It’s there now (wasn’t a couple hours ago) and the edit works. Well that’s just silly, imo.

Maybe if you changed the topic title to “Tell us what post was flagged” then it would have been a bit clearer.

As it is, it is coming across as a post complaining about the lack of info on the content that was flagged, not the post itself. But I do agree, telling us which one was flagged would help because I do post or comment frequently and I have no idea which one was considered an issue. Not that I’ve been hit much - I think I’ve had one flag upheld and to this day I think it was a stupid reaction from the moderator to a word which isn’t even offensive. Well, unless you sort of close one eye and look at it from the side and make some magical gestures…

… what?

My title isn’t much different than what you said. And I don’t even understand what “lack of info on the content that was flagged” even means.

A post gets flagged into hidden. System message is sent saying “post hidden by community flags.” Yet doesn’t give the post.

That’s all there is to it. There’s nothing to clear up. “Y’all really need to tell us what was flagged” is no different than “Tell us what post was flagged.” And the post is pretty clear, as well.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

empty threats dont scare me. go ahead and report my posts if they offend you. kinda being a hypocrite tho

Yes I get that, it’s not a big deal. But you know how the forums are, they will bite a poster for anything, I was just trying to save your some grief.

It wasn’t a threat. It was a demonstration of how easy it is to abuse the system, and showing that your “maybe just stop being offensive” logic is a bit faulty

1 Like

What exactly did you demonstrate by threatening to go through my posts and report them? starting to understand why someone got all those flags now though lol

1 Like

…in which case, those people were offended because the poster had an opinion, or dared to exist.

i’ve seen people saying this, but i’ve edited a buried post without issue.

perhaps people should stop putting so much weight into the opinions of virtual thumbs?

currently, the system is very easy to manipulate.
…and people are also very easily manipulated.
if they see something trending in a particular direction, they suddenly think that they’re meant to feel that way, and join in the hive-mind.

there are posters who will post on one character, then log 30+ alts to :blue_heart: their own post.
…we can easily verify this as users.

posting on alts is fine.
using those alts to abuse the broken software is detrimental to the health of the forum.

it’s fine if posts get buried.
i don’t think anyone cares.
people simply want to be told which one of their posts got buried when they get a notification.

discussing moderation :stuck_out_tongue:
i’m amazed it took this long for people to be outraged at a civil discussion about a viable suggestion.

3 Likes

I didn’t report them. It was a hypothetical to prove how easy it was.

2 Likes

Well honestly it probably shouldn’t even notify someone if their post gets buried, because what is the point? Until a mod does something with it, it doesnt mean anything. If they act on it, sure they should make sure players know what they did wrong.

2 Likes

Since we apparently can edit the posts, if we knew what it was, we could go back and either sigh at the fact that it was flagged for no reason, or fix the issues with it. Like right now, I had yet another one flagged, but don’t know which or where, so I can’t even see if it’s just another that’ll be reinstated or one I should somehow fix.

Yup… if you pointed out what was happening in other cities you (possibly) got banned for “trolling”

Seems they had a reddit level activist mod for a bit.

I would send an email about it… but it would be ignored or I’d get a copy/paste response.

The flag system would need a serious rework but it’s about keeping threads and posts as braindead and compliant as possible.

Edit: Which also ties into farming the whole trust level thing. It’s more of an a-kissing achievement privilege.

apart from the part about the flag system needing a rework, this post is just silly.

people should be able to share ideas and opinions.
…and while a lot of people just goof around, or only come here to troll, there are also a lot of posters who are helpful.

trust level just happens naturally if you visit the forum frequently.
…but being able to retain that trust level, requires going out of your way to think before you post.

Funny you should mention that.
In terms of making posts, tossing out likes, and flagging posts? Yes, your characters are counted as separate.
In terms of getting suspended or banned? Everyone gets locked down.

Recently got tagged because someone couldn’t take a damn joke when they went on a rant about Karen being a slur. Had an admittedly politically charged post about a week prior that was tagged and deleted. Both of those came on this character, yet the 72 hour suspension was on my account as a whole. No swapping to Smallblade or Kitsuni for me.

That’s totally ridiculous.

1 Like

Well, satisfying one’s curiosity isnt really important in regards to the big picture.

As for editing it, I’m not really sure what the goal is? Like edit it so the mod hopefully wont penalize you? Sounds exploitable kind of like what I call “borderline” trolling (oh I’m just going to innocently and naively make this inflammatory thread to stir up drama).