Y'all are so quick to forget the actual gameplay changes coming in 9.1.5

The 9.1.5 changes should have been there from the start

It’d be like applauding an adult for no longer punching you in the face

Some of the stuff you take for granted from any company making something remotely worth playing

Would you rather get punched in the face 10 times, and then have the person punching you stop, or would you rather the person punching you never stop?

Change is change my guy. Sooner is definitely better, but later is better than never.

You’re assuming they’re stopping and not giving their hand a break. Guaranteed this is going to repeat next expac.

1 Like

Okay, if that makes unhappy, you know where the unsub button is right?

Boi did you seriously call 6.1 a content patch? 6.1 changed some models, tweaked stats and introduced Twitter integration alongside the Selfie toy. If that’s what you call content then you have some serious thinking to do.

They’ve implemented it now because vast swathes of people are leaving and taking Blizzards precious money with them. Not in 9.1 when they were fully aware that these were issues, not in 9.0.5 and definitely not in 9.0 when they had all the beta feedback telling them “don’t do this”. Putting a bandaid on a severed arm won’t stop the bleeding

Why do you keep assuming anyone who has an issue with Blizzards repeated failings wants to stop playing entirely? This is a common theme from you throughout this thread.

Do you approach all aspects of life like that? Like, people can be unhappy with bad aspects but still like the whole.

Also, both variants of classic exist.

4 Likes

No sir I did not. What I said was .1 patches are content patches (6.1 being the notable exception).

It sure won’t, but this isn’t that serious. You want Blizzard to fix the game and then whine and complain when they do. Yes, the absolutely should have done it earlier, but it’s here now and that’s a good thing.

Because I think it’s foolish to spend money on products you do not like. If these changes coming late is such a big deal, stop paying them. If it’s such a big deal that it will probably happen again, then stop paying them. Otherwise, take the good changes when the come and be happy they listened, however long it took them to do so.

Progress is progress my dude.

Taking two steps forward after back-pedalling twelve steps is not progress.
I am willing to give them the small concession that they are finally listening. The fact that is took a mass exodus of players, a couple of lawsuits and the state of California breathing down their necks to get them to listen is… frustrating to say the least

Except when they continuously go back on that progress. Progress is only progress when you maintain it.

Let me put it this way. I like the game, I have spent an absurd amount of time playing the game. The core of the game is still good, many parts are still good.
Game is good.

Blizzard withholding changes that everyone wants repeatedly, making bad changes, and failing to do basic things is bad. I do not like this.
Blizzard/Devs are not good.

Or distilled as much as possible.
Me like game. Game good.
Me no like Blizz/Devs. Blizz/Devs bad.

You may be happy with Blizzard finally giving you things they’ve purposely withheld, and that’s fine whatever makes you happy dude, but that’s not something that most should be happy with or even accept. Regardless of any personal issues with it, it’s just bad for the health of the game.

1 Like

Are you acquainted with the concept of a Trojan Horse? Perhaps a more modern example would be riders when it comes to Congress in America. Put a thing people want filled with a bunch of things they don’t want and then pretend they don’t exist, usually to disastrous ends.

This is what we are seeing here, the gameplay changes are nice but at the same time people shouldn’t be required to stomach 1000 other moronic decisions that come as a package deal for the one thing they actually want from it. This is much the same, we are getting the changes we wanted, with a bunch of activism that nobody except the developers and that belf hunter who feels it necessary to remind everyone in every forum post that he is in fact gay care about.

Even dumber is expecting people to turn a blind eye to what we are witnessing take place because “but the gameplay changes are good!” As is the same with rider bills in America. Infrastructure would be nice yes, but I do not want the other crap that’s crammed in there that isn’t infrastructure that gets passed by proxy because if it were presented on its own merits it would not be tolerated such as the IRS having direct access to all of my bank statements so they know precisely how much money I am making and spending and on what. Not that I have anything to hide but I don’t generally appreciate the idea that government should be made aware of literally everything of my finances that ends up getting passed because “Oh look, shiny infrastructure bill! Just ignore the authoritarian BS in addition to it!”

1 Like

Its only coming because it was planned. They create problems then give them a solution to look like good guys.

1 Like

9 out of 10 players have unsubbed

Lots of them provide feedback on the way out

No need to thank bliz for crap design

They only view you as ‘average revenue per player’

1 Like

How to tell someone didn’t read the patch notes without them saying they didn’t read the patch notes.

Also likely need to get their head checked because they’re clearly delusional. 9.1.5 is worse than 6.1? There are no words to really address a statement so ignorant.

For the record, Patch 6.1 added next to NOTHING to the game. No new raid, no new dungeons, no major content updates. Here’s what it added:

• Twitter functionality
  • Blood Elf model upgrade (that should have been in 6.0)
  • Heirloom collections tab.
  • Garrison updates (and minor ones at that)
  • The SELFIE Camera.

And that was a MAJOR patch, not a minor one. It was the first major patch of WoD, and it would be followed by 6.2 which was the last patch of the expansion a few months later.

9.1.5 is a minor patch that is adding more to the game than any other minor patch in WoW’s history, hell, it’s adding almost as much as a major patch.

Suuuuure…

I’d love to know where you got those numbers from, but I think I already know the answer. Out of thin air.

1 Like

If not for this…that ripcord pull would have been till 9.2.5 ish. Maybe even last patch where they historically drop most expac features to zero it out as it were before the new game drops and let us have free reign. As at that point all the time locked achievements are now locked.

Or people tend to care less if new late join or you on alts have a kick butt ilevel that have taken weeks to get in the say .1 days.

What usually makes last patch the most fun for some.

The changes coming are so past due, so minor, and TBH so easy to implement that they should’ve been hot fixed in you mean? Yea, we haven’t forgotten.

1 Like

The fruit redo I’d have patched in already.

Its coming…fact o life. Gripe if you want since well why not lol. But its coming.

Put the graphics in now so its not static for issue isolation if/when 9.1.5 come up rough. Now they are looking at 10’s of small changes to be “noise” as it were for bug hunts patch day.

Way I construct new load orders in games. I put the graphics in and test them first. Since the simplest of mods…call up object reference, render that object…these are easiest to implement.

Then…I slam it with mechanics tweakers that can be script or game value changes heavy. These can have contest with each other. So can graphics but they real easy to identity.

With graphics files last one wins.

Mechanic changers, yeah…can be where you break out Venn diagrams damn near. this circle is change 1, this circle is change 2 and this circle is change 3.

Any bugs are probably in that 3 circle intersection in the center. Something is not coexisting. why?..is the question you seek answer.

The lawsuit had absolutely nothing to do with the 9.1.5 features.

If you knew anything about game design, which it’s kind of clear you don’t, patch features are decided on months in advance, often when the game is still in early concept stages. So all of the 9.1.5 features were decided well before the news of this lawsuit went public (which is when the vast majority of Blizzard’s developers found out about it).

How many months in advance is up for debate. But I’d say March/May is when they were deciding what features to include in 9.1.5. Timeline wise it lines up, because after Blizzcon in February, Blizzard made it clear that they weren’t adding any more customization options in Shadowlands, but they got a ton of feedback demanding more (especially for the Allied Races that got next to none in 9.0) and 9.1.5 now has a slew of customization options for the races that players were demanding get some love.

If they knew they were going to have aoe as it is in 9.1.5 that would have been in 9.0. This in your scheme is twice the man hours to do the 1 task you said they had in mind. Less money spent if they had done this 9.0.

As even ptr testing while BFA was current was showing this to be a crap idea.

They put in an artificial limiter to see how many like you would bite.

And now they are backing it off. Its not you the faithful they are appealing to. its the raid loggers who said you know what…we cba to log in even 1 night a week for showtime. They liked pull and light em up AOE. Tanks especially.

AOE cap change will get some people back. Even for nasty casuals. As this will make some legacy raid not suck. As this aoe cap did put a crimp in how we run old content as well.

MOrbidly humorous on a massive Kharazan pull in the dinning room area spamming AOE 10 times. as each aoe pop kill 5, next 5, next 5 next 5, next next 5. Good for sick laughs as you go so just how does if pick the 5 I kill. FIFO? LIFO? Or do they just pick at random from an array set.

Not really, people do it all the time in Afghanistan, Haiti, Venezuela, Colombia, Philippines.