XP Off change was indeed intentional

That sounds terrible and unnecessary when what we had worked for months, and I say this as a leveler.

1 Like

It worked better for years with seperate queue, and will continue to do so now.

4 Likes

You mean the years when more people were playing? Yea, I bet it did then.

I have way more experience with twinking and low level bg scene than you, itā€™s much healthier without twinks.

No upside from letting twinks in makes up for the downsides.

Removing them is a net gain for 95% of the playerbase.

And I am a twink player so atleast iā€™m being honest when I criticize it.

2 Likes

Understandable, since majority prefer low effort participation these days.

2 Likes

Really? Because wod got massive hatred for pruning abilitiesā€¦ Also did you see the one guys thread claiming that twinks were the pinnacle of PvP?

Additionally templates would have solved this. You can stay in a bracket and que forever. People fought against this though.

Lol no manā€¦ People like beating others and this was an easy way to do it. I agree the hamster wheel is big now at end game but you can still twink and play through the levelsā€¦ Iā€™ve heard itā€™s easy :roll_eyes:

This is true. However joint ques were not okay. Iā€™ve done twinking premade vs premade before. Itā€™s doable. I might even get involved now. I like the idea of everyone being 100% even and skill>gear.

The votes are in, Old Guard is phasing out.

My biggest issue with this isnā€™t that it was done. IT WASNT IN THE PATCH NOTES. Then we had to figure it out ourselves and get it confirmed by EU because blizzard has remained rather silent on the issue.

Oh well, time to turn xp off and demolish levellers in protest. Farm gy, all the scumbag things I usually wouldnā€™t do are now gonna happen because of this.

1 Like

I donā€™t PvP in general, so this change doesnā€™t affect me one way or the other, but itā€™s been the best entertainment Iā€™ve had this week listening to my stepdaughterā€™s boyfriend losing his fricking mind over this change after dismissing the other changes that have upset other people with, ā€œwho cares about that other stuff anyway?!ā€ The latest: ā€œIā€™m so pissed off I canā€™t breathe. Iā€™m seeing stars!!ā€

Iā€™m seriously dyinā€™ over here. :smiley:

1 Like

Without getting into whether itā€™ll work or not, or whether its good or not, I think thereā€™s a different demographic of people playing twinks now than before. Some might stay, others wonā€™t. I common theme I see are people who twink because of the time and grind at cap, as twinking gives them a one-shot take at gearing and the ability to log in whenever to play. Many nights that Iā€™d get on, itā€™d be for one or two matches and thatā€™s it, and that play time would be whenever I could snag it. Scheduled, highly structured play is something I just donā€™t do anymore.

Best of luck in the xp-off only queues, Iā€™m sure itā€™d be fun but having tried it in past expansions it just never worked for my schedule.

3 Likes

Gonna be less PvE and Gear grinding in this game too when we just all quit and go to another game.

1 Like

I recommend Heroes of the Storm.

That game could use some new blood.

1 Like

Cant wait till you out level your gear and go back to being a worthless pleb with out your gear carry.

3 Likes

Get that round-trip ticket ready for Classic.

2 Likes

The queue times are broken because we donā€™t have enough people. We will show you blizzard! With our wallets! All hundred of us. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry your gear carries are gone. Think i will level my Magā€™har orc now.

3 Likes

the 119 twink community are fighting to keep the greatness alive want in on the fun the join us Horde or alliance. we can make it happen!

1 Like

I gotta say, I was able to get several games in on my lvl 20s bracket KT. Probably partially due to an influx of levelers for the new races, weā€™ll see how the later hours go. I hope this continues in the later brackets as these people lvl up.

I had 10 min avg wait times but was able to get in 4-6 mins for most of them.

Lol what a joke. Game is doo doo right now, twinking was the only fun thing to do while waiting for vanilla release. No sense in leveling a toon and doing the awful end game content. There is no more PvP fun now, cya in Classic WoW

1 Like

Unsubbed and furious. I spent hundreds of dollars for realm transfers and race changes for mine and a friend of mines toons so we could twink together.

This was the last aspect of the game that was fun.
BFA is pure and utter garbage, and twinking was the only thing left to enjoy.

My friendā€™s list is empty tonight. I got spammed all day with mobile messages from friends who have unsubbed when they found out about the separation.

A community (80ā€™s bracket) that consistently had 20+ people online, is completely deserted tonight.
In less than 24 hours, blizzard destroyed an entire sub-culture without looking at the big picture.

Yes I too thought that twinks were the problem in BGs, until I saw for myself classes that were just wearing heirlooms 1-2 shotting people.
GY camping was still happening, and on inspecting these people, I rarely ever saw a twink doing it.

Way to paint all twinks as bad guys, Blizzard.

I have unsubbed and will go back to Ff14 once my paid time expires.
This change is ridiculous.
Way to completely ruin that fact that WoW actually felt like an MMO again within the great communities i had found.
I refuse to go back to playing a single player MMO like it was before, so Iā€™m out.

Oh and the worst part of it all? Blizzard never even bothered to tell us this was coming, and they still havenā€™t addressed the balancing of class issues, they just slapped a band aid fix on a problem that wasnā€™t even really there.

10 Likes

Donā€™t worry, your buddy Greyhide is happy (sorry had to say it) But, I feel ya. Was fighting for the twinks all along because I knew this would be bad and the amount of bad BGs because of twinks were blown way out of proportion. GL to ya though.

2 Likes