XP Off change was indeed intentional

Yea pretty much… Apparently so easy so why don’t people just do this? Oh they’re lazy? Lol every argument is so half baked…

Separate ques aren’t the best answer to the problem but at least blizzard admitted there was a problem.

cool. i can queue while leveling again.

3 Likes

The best part is coming soon, as promised. :wink:

I would have been cool with templates with a slider as mentioned. It’s just nice to know this was a known issue.

1 Like

Darn it! I thought maybe you knew this ahead of time.

Actually all of the things are there for leveling up, hence why they give XP. Asking for full gear to participate in X content that doesn’t require that gear to do is you being greedy. So have fun with the split queues because your attitude.

Fair enough. It could be. Let’s see in a few days.

1 Like

Well, the problem is that there’s way more depth to twinking than the 20-29 bracket, and this is a easy, albeit half-baked, fix for that bracket alone.

An older “solution” was an addon that players would use to avoid gaining XP; they’d switch the XP on, enable the addon, and queue WSG… the BG awarded experience when your team won or capped a flag. So… the addon would track those conditions, and /afk you out just before your team capped. Of course, this made NOT-capping the primary objective and really ruined gameplay in a way that a couple twinks per team actually PLAYING the objective never could.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
I used to twink and have twink friends. I’ve literally never heard of this?!?!?! So if it did exists it was soooo rare it’s not worth mentioning.

Seriously twink arguments are so half baked. It would be easier and more efficient to do your initial solution of twinking a guy out and just going through the brackets. Half the twinks arguments claim it’s so easy anyways right? The others are so lazy for not doing it?

Seriously the salt is insane :joy:

This is correct,
With the way the current meta has shifted, Xpon 20-29 will be very active with “Twinks”.
Aliied races give amazing access to the best specs/classes, too easy. :ok_hand:

1 Like

That’s great! I really do hope it works out for you. Are you planning on a Zandalari?

iirc it was pretty common and ran wild in WSG farm groups, many level 19s with “The Bloodthirsty” level kills all gathered from XP on BGs at a time when they were ‘pushed’ into XP off… the forums were pretty pissed at the time

Saltwater Stun Kul’Tiran is where its at!
Easy Global.

I guess that’s more useful than 2% more gold from creatures.

Vs non-dot classes regeneratin’ is pretty great. Have had people break LoS with me and cast it and heal up at least 20% with a tick of it or so

Even if that racial got nerfed to the ground, I give them props for the name.

Some people like the simplicity of the lower brackets - not having to know every single spell and racial by every class and race. Additionally, the appeal is that you don’t have to sit in the gear hamster wheel for eternity; the was an end to the monotonous gear grind. Those with not a ton of time on their hands sought joy in creating a strong character without having to farm for gear. That was their joy in the game.

Now, it takes an immense effort to coordinate these games - the same amount of time that they don’t have since that was their whole appeal to playing the twink in the first place. Just trying to give some perspective to people that are on the other side of the aisle.

2 Likes

Still laughing at all the new kid twinks who are shocked by this, like they weren’t aware there were seperate brackets for years before legion and would most likely be seperated again once templates were removed.

Back in wrath and cata most of the twinks were actual good players, almost all 2200+ on mains, gladiators etc, now we have a bunch of 1500 losers that cry when they can’t ruin everyone elses experience.

Man up and organize wargames against other twinks you bads.

2 Likes

Pump the brakes Sally, I think people are more concerned about queue times than their ability to pubstomp

2 Likes

Yeah you organize a time to queue, like we did for 10 years.

If they werent all new kids they’d know that.

As for xp on q’s? I guarantee they’ll be shorter than before this patch within 2 weeks once word spreads that twinks were removed.

2 Likes