XP Off change was indeed intentional

That twink in his group though. haha

Wonder when that SS was taken?

Itā€™s a very good idea and I hope it gets more attention. Still, the problem is that the playstyle attracts bottomfeeders and any suggestion that prevents them from getting a huge advantage against casuals, new players, etc will be met with rage.

I have no control over level 20 twinks, or xpoff using dodgy means to get into xpon bgs. All I know overall the leveling bgā€™s are in a much better state.

Also remembering it was xpoff that was nerfed/separated not gear.

That and there are quite a few people vehemently against templates in any situation. I myself would count as one of them. Templates are against the whole principles of WoW, and as a twink, I personally feel that I would rather not PVP than allow templates to be reintroduced to the game.

3 Likes

But why though? Politics aside, is having an even playing field such a bad thing?

1 Like

The balance part of templates isnā€™t the issue. Diluting RPG elements is the issue in my opinion. Well done templates that just scales you down would be fine, but if it effects procs or secondary stats thats not cool. Legion templates were the worrrrstttt.

1 Like

Fair enough. What about the idea that was brought up (not by me) about templates with a slider bar where you could tilt the secondary scales either which way?

Iā€™m interested in it, but Iā€™d still prefer it not be in the game. It feels too MOBA-like, kinda like the Artifacts they came out with in Heroes of the Storm.

Maybe it just rubs me the wrong way, but Iā€™m still not a fan. I think Iā€™m turning into an old man afraid of change when Blizzard is involved.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never tried HotS, so I canā€™t relate. The slider idea was interesting and creative. Iā€™m sure itā€™s not for everyone.

I can empathize about Blizzardā€™s changes. Iā€™ve been on the fence for a while but lost all faith when Immortal was announced.

What you have to realize, and this is something Iā€™ve just come to the conclusion to, is Blizzard still is a fantastic company in regards to developing what the players want. The issue is, quite often, what players want is not healthy to the game overall.

Basically all of the fantastic additions theyā€™ve added to the game (Transmog, LFG, WF/TF, ect) have all seemed amazing in the beginning, but looking back, theyā€™ve had a significantly negative impact on the game. Transmog is one of my favorite things in the game, but looking back upon it, I wish it had never entered the game.

Templates are the same thing for me. They seem good, even the ones youā€™re theorizing, but any further distance from the RPG this game once was is more than likely not a good change based on past experiences.

3 Likes

Can you explain why? Iā€™ve never seen anyone have an issue with transmog, itā€™s one of the few things in the game I canā€™t think of any downsides to.

1 Like

They are and Iā€™ve enjoyed their products ever since WC: Orcs and Humans but the past couple years, Iā€™ve began to lose that faith. Thatā€™s me personally and Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not alone.

What do you feel transmog did negatively? I can take a guess but Iā€™m curious.

EDIT: Hat dog beat me to it :angry:

2 Likes

Its a minor issue, for sure. Remember the cool feeling of seeing someone who looks amazing in Classic? Thats gone now. Everyone looks amazing. While thats great for the individual player, I feel its bad for the overall game.

For example, because I enjoy my MoP challenge mode gear so much, Iā€™m essentially never changing. Iā€™m always looking like this.

5 Likes

Iā€™m also curious.

And arenā€™t you and hat dog the same dog?

Thatā€™s the conspiracy theory anyway.

2 Likes

Ok, thatā€™s what I was thinking. That feeling of uniqueness. Thatā€™s not such a bad thing (how you feel). When everybody looks like you, the luster fades.

Especially as a twink. Each bracket had its BiS gear, and you could pick out a twink from across the BG if you saw a particular helmet or shoulderpad in the portrait.

1 Like

It was just a misdirection/reaching thing that someone came up with because I/we did not agree with them. Easier than making a counterargument, right? Iā€™ve seen people pull it on others in the GD.

Fair enough as well. I guess itā€™s a double-edged sword. If it were not for transmog, a couple of my guys would look ridiculous in their mix of gear. Vanilla, that wasnā€™t too much of an issue aside from mages wearing hats like Mauden.

Iā€™ve never even thought about that, but that does make sense. I still have an attachment to the Dreamwalker set because when I started I remember seeing a max druid wearing it. Shame the hood, like all hoods, looks so stupid on Worgen.

Worthy trade off IMO though, just for outlands clown armor alone.

ā€¦then again I do kind of miss being an eyesore.

Lmao, yeah its so rough with a lot of the leveling sets you get. When I do merc mode on this character I look like a pile of vomit with a challenge mode helmet. Its horrible looking and discourages me from doing Mercenary Mode because Iā€™m so spoiled by transmog.

Its another one of those, Yes this feature is amazingly fun, but is it good for the game? I think not.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take being an outlands eyesore than a BfA one. The hodgepodge of gear makes you look so awkward.

1 Like