XP Off change was indeed intentional

That gap is going to be on the average quite a bit smaller. Also, I wasn’t talking about the leveling bracket, I was talking about the twink bracket. Obviously it will be true in both brackets though, character power will tend to be closer to the average power of the bracket in both new brackets compared to a combined bracket. And you’re mad about that. You want a big gap in character power over levelers so you can destroy them. Which is fine, I get that. But you know we can just go to the crossroads for that, right?

1 Like

Tbh, I disagree. Sure it saves those players who didn’t want to put time into their character and keep gear updated. Sure, I feel way more powerful when twinks aren’t there to stop me. I also like to look at the big picture and include everyone, not just me and other levelers. We gain experience whether win or lose.

It’ll be a lot smaller. BiS will always prevail over marginal increases. People are deliberately avoiding that point.

This change benefits everyone, from an objective perspective.

What is the difference between an ilvl 400+ player wearing full mythic gear taking out a fresh 120 with ilvl 250 gear?

Gear is and always will be the focus of any MMO.
You gear up, you get more powerful.
Twinks were doing that.
it would be ideal if there were enough twink brackets to be sustainable, but as it stands, i don’t think anyone who twinks 40+ has even SEEN a BG in 2 days.
The community is just simply not big enough to sustain each bracket, so we get all get punished for the crimes of a few.

2 Likes

What I thought Blizzard would be smart enough to do would be to tweak gems/enchants and keep everyone in the same pool of players. It’s not like low level BGs are like 120 where everyone is combined. We’re looking at 11 brackets that they just split. This isn’t like years ago when the population was huge (though even then some brackets still had to schedule times to be on just to get a queue)

That’s fine and valid. Feel free to disagree, just don’t disagree because removing twinks didn’t magically make players with slots missing stop queueing or cure cancer. We know these things.

Sort of like twinks who abstain from playing at level cap. Because then they’d have to gear more than once. Just a smidge of hipocracy.

That’s also fair. I was and am still open to solutions that wouldn’t aust anyone, even a minority of players like twinks. Better scaling would’ve sufficed but something is better than nothing.

2 Likes

I haven’t really played max level either. Thinking of my next character to level up through Bgs tbh.

The difference from low level to max level is that at max level, there is no more leveling to do. You’re done (until the next expansion). Those at lower levels are rerolling or just starting. They’re getting the hang of their rotations and abilities. They’re questing around, getting whatever gear happens to fall in their laps. Some servers have very crappy economies where even low level gear is inflated to a non-feasible level.

Availability and feasibility are very commonly mistaken for each other.

That’s why I would even be perfectly fine with templates with the slider bar as mentioned yesterday. That’s another win/win situation.

3 Likes

Yet you’ve claimed hilariously a ton of times that que times for the rest of us are going to skyrocket :dizzy_face: the sky is falling??? Oh wait there wasn’t that many? Good ol double talk jugga… Need to get your story straight.

They are closer, just had a couple where they were very close. That’s not even the point though. Now you don’t have one guy ruining everyone’s time his or the enemy teams. And yes no matter what bull you say, twinks are that strong. You’ve been given tons of proof but keep on ignoring/lying about it.

1 Like

You’re right, I jumped the gun on queue times :crazy_face: Those 3 one hour queues threw me for a loop. Yesterday evening was better since it’s a more normal time to play.

Tons of proof? You mean that one Shaman you keep mentioning? Games are not much different that I’ve seen

This is the root of it right here. Well said.

2 Likes

Lol him. Others have provided screenshots to theirs. You just hilariously ignore them or pretend not to remember when talking to different people. I’ve seen you reply to their ss too lol…

You do it all the time, quite entertaining to watch really… I remember you saying something about maybe running for office? That explains the double talk.

1 Like

Then why on God’s green Earth would they go into a battleground wearing that type of gear?
There are multiple ways to level, why come in to a battleground and be a liability to the team?
Can I raid mythics in my quest greens? No, I can’t.
You gear appropriately for the situation, which is what my twink was doing.

3 Likes

No. I always said they should balance better rather than straight up separation. Whether it’s reducing gem effectiveness/nerfing some trinket/weapon procs/etc

1 Like

And skilled played are still going to beat the crap out of weekend battleground warriors. Calling it now.

Except half your arguments to people implied the opposite.

Your double talk aside I agreed with that sentiment. Yet did you see all the twink push back on it? They were their own worst enemy and reaped what they sowed.

The funny thing is they we’re a minority that pushed away the majority. Now we pushed away the minority in favor of the majority and you’re here claiming the sky is falling.

You cared enough to come to this post, read this comment, and reply…

Why on God’s green Earth did you break out that toon just to ask me that question?

But to answer, it’s the norm. All Blizzard did were remove the problematic outliers of the right-skewed data.

Comparing mythics to BGs is a little silly. Are there 4 tiers of BGs people can choose from before queuing?

EDIT: Just checked, no LFBG, Normal, Heroic or Mythic BGs. Too bad, would be a cool idea.

2 Likes

I don’t post on forums much sorry!
I tried Qing on my twink and was told by the guild that we can’t Q anymore?
I was looking for answers. I don’t see the diff. in gearing for a mythic or a battleground.

Probably because most didn’t want to hear any compromise (Mauden was about the only reasonable one through it all)

Nope, most have been quite agreeable when it came to talking about gem reduction and item nerfs. This topic has been going on for months and months now