XP Off change was indeed intentional

Isn’t it great? This is one of the reasons Wrath was such a great expansion. It’s too bad the raids are not as epic as Wrath… or the zones… or the…

I had these close games when twinks were involved as well.

I didn’t say it was close. I said it was fun. Even the baddies among us didn’t have to get perma 1shot by twinks in our graveyard or something.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s too bad. I had fun and close games when xp on/off was merged.

Some people just kiss blizzards butt sometimes. You know most these posts are praising blizz even seen some saying bfa is good now but the people who are saying that don’t even play max lvl anymore lmfao

1 Like

I’m sure your games will be even closer now. It wont be this problem of one team being all twinks and the other team with only half twinks getting roflstomped.

Imagine how much worse those games would have been if the teams that lost those matches also had more levelers instead of twinks than the winning team. Thank god that didn’t happen.

Or, imagine if they had a couple twinks to help them out. Could go either way

Nice. Now you’ll have fun and close games in which you don’t have to decide wether you want to be fodder for the enemy raid bosses or avoid them completely.

It sounds as though you stand to gain from this change.

3 Likes

Nope still the same lopsided mess at times. Just linked 7 games

Landslide wins occur at end-game too. Of course removing twinks isn’t going to change that.

Removing twinks addresses the twink problem, not a faction balance problem.

3 Likes

It’s really stunning how many people are missing this, or are purposely ignoring it.

1 Like

What faction balance problem?

Yeah, I’m not sold on faction imbalance either.

I’m trying to illustrate that the twink change was for the twink problem, not other issues.

Having teams of all twinks is going to produce the least lopsided games. It quite literally works to help evens out the playing ground in terms of character power.

This does not mean posting individual examples of games that were not close in score means the games wont be less lopsided.

Except as I pointed out, the twink problem was exaggerated. In the lower brackets, there were lots of twinks I can agree. Once you hit 50 and up, was much less of a problem and classes have more abilities. I was told BGs without twinks would be much closer time and time again.

All it does is give the players who actually take time to gear their toons well a leg up like twinks had. Those players with missing gear are still there. Those new players we vouch for, who don’t even know how to play their class are still there.

Twinks weren’t problematic because there were many of them. There weren’t (which is why queue times for xp-on will remain intact). They were problematic because of their power level.

Fine, but I’m not saying that. Some say hunters are overturned, but removing hunters will not necessarily result in more close games because both sides have access to them.

There may well be an equal incidence of close games with or without twinks. It’s irrelevent. It’s still a change for the better.

2 Likes

You need to try to catch yourself engaging in this offbrand logic early and stop yourself.

We know that problematic players will still exist without twinks. Removing twinks was never intended to make low level BGs flawless in one swoop.

3 Likes