Xibala quest issue

I’m not sure if I should open a ticket for this issue, and I didn’t feel that posting in the Quests forum would help, since I feel I’ve already done all the troubleshooting I possibly could at this point.

Some time ago, on this character, I picked up a quest called The Bones of Xibala. It sat in my log for ages until I finally turned it in… but I didn’t bother to pick up the next quest since it wasn’t necessary.

I’m not sure when it happened, but sometime after that, Xibala became phased for me, just on this character. I can take a flight path there, but the little hub is totally empty, and there are no mobs anywhere nearby, even all the way out to the shore where the Tortollan quest usually is. There are no mobs - hostile, neutral or friendly.

I went ahead and picked up the next quest and completed it, which opened up 3 more.
Archaeological Efficiency, Scrying for the Eye and Xibalan Ecology. I completed the first two with no issue… however I can’t complete the last quest (Xibalan Ecology), because there are literally NO mobs anywhere! There are usually raptors all around this area, and I see them on other characters… just not this one.

I have no other quests in my log for Zuldazar. I had Zalazane Returns, which I went ahead and completed, just in case (save for the last quest which takes place in Atal’Dazar), but I don’t think that should interfere? I also did a UI reset, again… just in case… and there are still no mobs anywhere.

I was Alliance at one point on this character, and this quest chain seems sort of familiar; I think the Alliance base nearby has a very similar quest chain maybe… (I remember killing raptors out here some time ago), but I can’t remember if it was this character or an alt that did it.

Wowhead has no comments on this quest or the chain that offer any insight.

I’m truly lost at this point! Help? Please? :smiley:

It sounds like you might have started a quest line somewhere along the way that has you phased out and it’s possible it wasn’t one in Zuldazar.

That said, something you can try is removing your items and then getting your character killed. Sometimes that will bump you out of a stuck phase.

1 Like

This character has done all the quests for the Loremaster achievement, so what’s left is pretty bare bones. I don’t usually abandon quests in the middle of a chain, I usually just leave them in my log indefinitely or skip over the chain if it’s not a main quest line.

All that’s in my log are a few Wanted quests for Kul’Tiras, the weekly event quest, battle pet quests, and the one to kill Jaina… I can’t imagine that any of those quests would phase this one remote area?

I will give this a try and see if it works.

Edit - nope, lol. Still empty from Xibala as far as the eye can see. Even the area past the Alliance base where there’s usually dwarf mobs and mole machines.

I hope it works! If not, then you might need to put in a ticket to see if a GM can give your character a little nudge :wink:

If you do need to go that route, you can put in a ticket using the Stuck on a Quest option.

Edit: Sorry that didn’t work, I’d go with the ticket option in that case!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions! It’s likely a really small thing that I’ve overlooked and just can’t see it. I hate pestering GM’s with mundane things like this, so i was hoping for an easy fix. Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Edit
Just an update…

I received a response from a GM, and after some poking around on my Druid, they could tell I was phased but could not pinpoint the cause.

Their recommendations were to check for any quests in Zuldazar, so I flew to every quest hub in the zone, and the only area that has quests is the Seekers’ Outpost, which I visited to get the flight path at some point, but completely ignored the quests, so that shouldn’t cause any phasing on the opposite end of the zone, in an unrelated quest hub that just recently phased me.

The next suggestion was to go to Org and toggle War Mode and head back to Xibala to see if that changed my phase, which it did not. The area is still empty. As soon as I move out of Xibala, all the mobs appear, including the quest mobs I need to kill; I uploaded a couple of screenshots for reference.
Just outside Xibala - https:// i.imgur .com/oPmeIXX.jpg
Inside Xibala - https:// i.imgur .com/x39taOw.jpg
(Can’t include actual links, so spaces are inserted after the // and ‘imgur’)

I was then asked to reply to this forum post (I had linked it in my ticket so they could read it and get all the info without me having to retype it into a ticket) so they could forward it on to QA for further testing.

So… that’s where I’m at, heh. Sorry for the bump, but hopefully it’s not too deep of an issue!

Have a great day everyone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes