Xal'atath is an Ancient One?

“The very powers of the ancient titans are at your command, and you choose to create… tasty treats?“

4 Likes

I don’t think Xal’atath is an old god. Nothing necessitates the harbinger (which I think she is) also be an old god.

She was however instrumental in N’Zoth’s escape. Being held in the dagger until it was time for the mastermind to escape death.

Now Azshara has the dagger and Xal’atath is helping Iridikron. Both Azshara and Iridikron are sworn enemies of order. So it’s feasible they would be working together to hatch a plan. Also there’s nothing which says Ashzara isn’t carrying out N’Zoth’s will at this point.

Let’s put it this way. 8.3 was a massive disappointment. But there’s also something interesting here. We see the behemoth true form of N’Zoth but no permanent marker anywhere in the world. Nothing which felt like it actually took place. So it’s just as likely it didn’t take place and the form the heroes fought was just a dream.

Of course it’s also just as likely that they cut corners and rushed it out the door. That would be the worst case scenario. Either way I don’t think we’ve seen the end of N’Zoth nor the other OGs. I think this is just starting.

1 Like

If I had phenomenal cosmic power but also burdened with a conscience, tasty treats seem to be the best, least intrusive use.

And if homeboy didn’t want you to create treats, he better start using his PoWer OF thE TiTAnS to prevent me from doing that. Snark on snark action. Ones verbal - the other non-verbal.

2 Likes

I wish we had a weapon voiced by Bobcat Goldthwait

2 Likes

Is that the “what do you mean you don’t have any more pets” comic?

1 Like

N’Zoth is more than likely dead, for an Old God, and this is why Xal’atath would make a move. They could have been an forgotten Old God, maybe a pet, or just a left over toe.

But they are seizing their chances now cause they were not strong enough to over power the Old Gods and their forces. Also Azshara could be trying to gain power without the lease of N’Zoth around her neck.

1 Like

I can accept that 8.3 was the intended outcome as horrible as it was. But I think still there is more to this than we think.

It’s known that N’Zoth has some unique ability to understand timelines and how to game them. Also he was the mastermind behind Xal’atath’s imprisonment in the dagger. He was also the mastermind behind Aszhara and her eventual meeting with Wrathion (before he used the dagger on N’Zoth thus fulfilling the agenda).

So he’s not dead. Aszhara isn’t dead either. So their plan hasn’t been stopped yet. That’s a way of looking at it.

We were tested in BFA before fighting Aszhara which means he was testing us to see how capable we would be in defeating her. This again is all part of his plan.

So he intended to lose the fight. As crazy as that sounds. He knew he would be defeated because he can observe timelines. So he setup the very requirements necessary to stay in the game long enough to offset the inputs that went into the main timeline. What this means is the future is no longer certain.

1 Like

Yet you clicked the thread coming here curious…

I don’t know. All i know is that butthole brother Xal’atoh of his better give me that axe from SoO ALREADY.

I think it’s pretty widely accepted that nzoth isn’t actually dead. He clearly planned for us to be at azshara and him. Xal being freed doesn’t really have to matter at all. He needed her freed so he could be stored in the dagger or some chess move. They clearly play on it even more with dragonflight when you go back and he recognizes you. Allowing him to know what timeline he was in. Some of this is good stuff. But a lot of it you stretch so thin to try to connect it. And whoever was saying xal atath is the hunger and they stole it back from galakrind but left a little that had to be returned to her like… Come on. The insatiable essence from galakrind seemed to be a complete thing. Not some sliver of power. The type of essence you imbue into something else. Xal a tath could be an og one or an old god or even somehow ysharjj but it can’t be the hungering essence as well. From what I gathered this isn’t some regular void that iridikron is working with. It’s the old gods masters themselves or a doff form of void altogether.

Next expansion. Wrath of Xal’atath :crazy_face: :popcorn:

Personally, I always found it a really cool concept of:

Xal’Atath being an Old-Goddess that was gained upon by the other old gods, then had her soul-imprisoned and her body-form fed upon to increase their own power before the Titans came to liberate the planet from their tyranny.

From memory the old gods that were hurled into the great dark beyond crashing into planets, aside from searching for & transforming a world soul — would seek to dominate the planet, along with any other old gods that contested with them. So the go to experiences with their own kind would either be submitting them to their will, consuming them for power or the former followed by the latter should they not prove to be a worthy ally.

I’d imagine that the interaction of smaller-scale old gods being approached by larger-tier old gods, would go along the lines of something like this:

I think after N’zoth found out that Xal’atath was able to free themselves from the prison of the dagger and retain her powers in a much smaller form he was intrigued. The power of an Old God not being confined to 1 world but the ability to move freely. I think he kept the dagger as a way to transcend his form as well. The dagger is gone and we believe we killed N’zoth, or what was the remains of N’zoth.

I think Xal is just an old god that was imprisoned as an experiment then they fed on her remains to bolster their own powers.

The story of the void is being brought forth quite a bit… Neltharion’s old lab and Sark’s fall to the void, and now Iridikron’s amulet with the hungering void of Galakrond’s essence in it. I think we are heading toward a showdown with a new herald of the void that will position the story into a confrontation with the void lords in the next xpac.

And those that did are no longer alive,and it still vanished. She is coming for us it is in her nature to destroy us.

Now the real question is yes, she is an ancient one in that timeline, but is she in ours? The time lines are a bit wonky to say the least.

When was this stated? Xal’atath has shown that they have need for the player.

Whatever they call her she’s my friend and she introduced me to the master. And she can’t wait to see me again later and because of what she is she knows we’ll hang out more later and I’ll be like “hey girl!”

1 Like

More than need. Like N’zoth she truly seems to like us.

Is it possible that Xal’atath might be a Ancient One due to the fact her soul was stuck inside a dagger blade. So as the story goes on we could see her in her true form.

Her heart is a crater…and we have filled it…

1 Like