WTF is with old raid scaling?

It was confirmed by a blue post on beta forums, I’m on the beta and saw it on a blue post a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

The 8x buff has been in the game for two years. You’re talking about an uninformed reddit post that wowhead took for gospel.

I hope nothing changes to be frank. If you want the rewards, you should have to put in effort.

1 Like

this is very true WOW could learn al ot from other DEVs and how they use and continue to make use of old content. This is something we can’t fix it will require a new lead on the DEV team as they have shown no interest in developing the old open world spaces in lue of the constant dungeon and raid grind they prefer.

2 Likes

link to the thread?

Are you also unfamiliar on how RPGs work?

7 Likes

Why do the same stupid people make the same stupid posts every expac? This literally happens every single expac release, blizzard knows we know, they will fix it deal with it until then

2 Likes

You calling people stupid is pretty ironic considering this didn’t start happening until scaling was added to the game.

6 Likes

Scaling didn’t change a thing. The way things are now is how it’s always been.

1 Like

Uh what? If this was pre-scaling there would be people solo’ing BFA Mythics by now and Legion bosses would die to a few auto-attacks.

6 Likes

Is that not what’s already happening? You can practically sneeze on a Legion boss and it’s dead. What’s the complaint?

Why is this a complaint? BFA was last expansion. You want to solo BFA mythic raids with ease? Wait until you gear up in Dragonflight.

1 Like

This is one of the most important things a lot of people seem to forget, scaling and squishes brought a lot of issues with their implementation.

4 Likes

Agreed.

This is not good if BlizZard doesn’t fix as it impact more and more players now as it is not confined to just WoD with broken scaling. It is now an issue with a lot of older content where scaling is busted.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

Legion Mythic bosses, while wearing bloody quest greens.

So you admit things aren’t how they’ve always been?

3 Likes

Blatant lie.

Another lie.

6 Likes

Solo clearing these raids 100 times on max difficulty is a huge time investment for people with careers or otherwise busy social lives, hard to imagine isn’t it?

Also, make up your mind. Can the bosses be insta killed with no effort, or not?

Not going to entertain further until you post on main :clown_face:

2 Likes

Yes, but in my view, they should

be that easy. I’m glad to see Blizz is slowly starting to agree.

Well, you view succeeded. If by that you mean “making people stop doing the content entirely”. My friend, who used to run Ny’alotha raid with friends and some discord randoms for N’zoth mount stopped doing it today because N’zoth had 50% more hp and was nigh-impossible to beat. They just decided it wasn’t worth the headaches with how badly overscaled it was. And mind you, they didn’t have a good time with Carapace either.

Today’s patch is particularly bad on this regard. Some bosses gained 50% more hp and its delusional to pretend its fine, especially after today’s update.

But i hope you like a ghost town of a game once DF sets in and people realize they can’t do older content and are done with current content. There is literally no audience that wants older content scaled up without better rewards to justify it. People just want to run older content for fun, and really don’t enjoy getting roadblocked for no good reason like this. If my friend’s raid proved something, is that people are unwilling to do scaled up older content for the same rewards and stuff they used to get already. They aren’t even fated raids to justify such a massive, drastic increase.

9 Likes

It feels like business-blizz finally desecrated the last enjoyable thing in the game thanks to their “more time played = more shareholder money” approach to game design. I figured this was immune, but I guess so many people do it now that it needs to be turned into a treadmill.

It’s where I draw the line personally, I was expecting that BFA raids would be easily soloable in DF, and Legion raids would just fall over instantly. I have all I want from the previous expansions already.

All right.

It wasn’t like this in WoD. Every raid two expansions old was an absolute breeze to solo and didn’t require you to be geared in current endgame content gear. You could kill a boss in 10 seconds or less while wearing greens or heroic dungeon gear from the current expansion. There was no reason for Blizzard to change this after WoD, or Legion, wherever the change started. The player base was happy with what they had.

1 Like