WSG Premades - Force to Face Other Premades

Blizzard is incompetent.

Premades are ****ing stupid to play against. Years of this and the idiots don’t wake up

I’m having an absolute blast.

I’m not the one on the forums complaining and asking for changes.

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

They don’t seem to care. Probably because your payment already went through.

Unless you don’t give any extra reward, (which invalidates the idea per se), RBG’s will be the end of bg’s in classic. Rbg’s = elitism and devaluates normal bg’s, the ones that imo are often fun.

Rbg’s = e-sport mentality, the thing that progressively took out probably more than 90% of pvp enjoyers from retail and which resulted in a total failure of TBC and WOtLK rated pvp

It shouldn’t be that hard to program. If not a solo queue, then this alteration would be fine. Let’s get it done blizz! They’ve been so reactive so far.

You don’t need game breaking rewards

A title/mount or an armor color change for your rank gear will be enough for people to want to compete. You can apply a color badge to your gear and that’s it.

If solo q players are truly playing for the enjoyment of the battleground, then Rbgs won’t bother them because they say premades ruin that enjoyment - surely it isn’t because it’s a harder rep grind right?

This is actually the key, and needs to expand to raiding if they introduce heroic and mythic. They need to stop running actual competitive gear progression all the way up, and start granting titles and cosmetics for more difficult achievements.

Time spent should be the number 1 variable in getting the BiS gear. It shouldn’t be a cake walk either. Not everyone should be able to get BiS for spending an hour a week in the game, for example. There is a happy medium between absolute sweat and lording that gear over normal players, and calling it in.

2 Likes

Be looking out for my post later. It’s going to be very long and detailed so I want to be at the PC

1 Like

I’ll keep an eye out, but I feel like we already have the answer to the problem, and it’s simple:

There is no problem.

1 Like

I feel like what I propose will be more or less adding on content to pvp, a different angle of a grind, without actually gaining any power benefit but instead just something cool to grind for that promotes competition and indirectly “gives others what they asked for”

You might approve

2 Likes

Yes, something like this could work, although just no queue as +3 players, would solve the problem immediately.

I still believe that the regular battlegrounds should let you grab some friends and q up. There are players who just don’t want to play by themselves. They may want to shoot it in discord with their partner or whatever.

But I’m home in like 3 hours and I will explain that in detail as well. Because I believe “rep farming pug stomp” mentality will be completely useless to do in standard BGs, and I will include why tht is and why if you DID see one of these teams, you will not encounter them often at all if not ever

Definitely looking forward to it. In the meantime, I thought I’d throw out a bit of a guide for anyone who might be thinking that they wanted to get into doing premades but weren’t sure where to start.

Feel free to contribute any pointers or call out any misinformation!

It’s never going to happen. This system is how this has always worked, and how it will always work.

Farm or be farmed. Crying about this on the forums in a seasonal game mode is probably not going to be productive, based on 20 years of people crying about premades.

I’m not crying about anything.

I’m the one farming. I’m not getting farmed

award more honor/rep for premade vs premade