Wrongful suspension

Hey guys,

I received a wrongful suspension yesterday and am curious how I go about getting the mark off my account.

I got a 24 hour suspension for “exploiting item and gold duplication”. This accusation is so beyond ludacrus I won’t even waste my time proving innocence, the moment an actual human looks in to this i’ll be absolved.

The problem is every time I post a ticket I get another bot reponse that basically says nothing and answers no questions. I need to speak to an actual human.

How do I proceed?

The e-mail you should’ve received outlines the process. You are always able to open a ticket to appeal the suspension. This is simply a request that they check to see if they made an error.

The responses are your answers. They use templates, but each ticket is looked at and responded to by a human. There is no “speaking” to a human for an appeal. They will review the data to ensure if the suspension was applied correctly or not.

14 Likes

So, you don’t want to explain yourself but you want a human to just look at you and say you’re innocent?

You aren’t going to get that on the forms, your best bet is to make a ticket and get your answers there.

Isn’t there a live call option or was that removed?

Live call was removed, and was never for account actions even when it was around.

7 Likes

I’m afraid you won’t be able to actively speak to a Game Master about a penalty. We do not actively discussion policy violations. The appeal process is there to review the action that was taken to make sure a mistake hasn’t been made.

To be clear you aren’t receiving bot/automated replies, our staff uses templates to maintain consistent messaging.

20 Likes

You were never allowed to call in to appeal. You can only appeal via a ticket.

5 Likes

This is the wrong forum to troll and spreading lies.

13 Likes

Every ticket and appeal is reviewed by a real Blizzard employee. It may seem like an automated process because they use templates to reply to make sure messaging is consistent and reduce the time it takes to hand type every reply individually. But a living and breathing person has reviewed the data.

11 Likes

With what I found on this subject on the web. Basically a macro that will interrupt at no risk for bad timing to stop a spell cast. Ie it will not not cast the interrupt unless the target casts a spell.

So if this is what the macro does that you tried. Well that is a exploit to the extreme. Everyone should know this kind of thing would not be normal mechanics by any means.

3 Likes

Macros done in any way except through the game’s built in macro function are just asking for it, honestly. This is why mouse and keyboard software are not allowed. The in-game macros will not allow you to insert things like repeats or delays.

1 Like

That is very true, this has been on the web about this macro using a exploit. Does not say if it was in the bliz macro in game or though a keyboard or mouse.

In-game exploit that was patched. It just takes time for account action to be determined and applied.

2 Likes

Im am glad I don’t macro much out of /tar for mobs or for opening items via /use.etc.

I did have a macro for tradeskill master or something that a youtuber used to calculate bag valure but there is an addon now so i deleted that and a lot of my other ones. Currentyly have 3. /mountspecial /tar Frightened Kodo and /Tar Blood Elf Bandit. I am a clicker on half the buttons and rest are defaul preset like my UI etc. I don’t see the point of making that stuff pretty or functional for how I play. If I was Hardcore into Raiding Mythic + or PvP sure I would have 95% of my go to abilities all hotkey’d and macro’s for 1 shots etc. Best to avoid said macros you find online or even weak aura’s which I also don’t see the point of using. Basiacally having addons tell you what spell to use and when is just lazy and honestly just makes me think the players using them can’t figure out there own rotation without it.

1 Like

Ah I see. Yeah, exploiting a bug isn’t really any different from using keyboard macro software to do the same thing. I didn’t think that was even supposed to be possible with the in-game macro system. It’s obviously not supposed to be if they patched it.

Yes indeed Macro’s Like the one you may have found copied and used could have triggered that suspension (Don’t worry I have had 2 or 3 of those. only 1 that I can remember was an automated 48 hour ban for my monks name back in MoP called Fist Yourself. without the space.I am quite surprised that was flagged I have had and seen worse. Heck I even have a rogue from ages ago with a somewhat questionable end part of the name.

But yeah to anyone else coming across this and the OP 100% double check what online macro etc you are thinking of using make sure its not something you can get another suspension or perma ban for they are not worth it.

There are no automated banns! Every ban or suspension are applied by a gm after reviewing reports. Only thing automated is a squelch.

5 Likes

You got a suspension for the name, yet you felt you needed to repeat it on the forum?

What did you honestly expect?

15 Likes

I would not go using macros like that! Well unless you do not value your account very much. Then they come here claiming they did nothing wrong. Should know there should not be a legit way to make sure you do not miss a interrupt. Yes had to be patched to make sure it could not be used more but taking advantage of it is not a good idea.

1 Like

Seems like they’re trying to use the front page of r/wow method atm.