Wrath Arena is officially dead

Everyone hyped it up but no one showed up.

Ironforge.pro shows us 410k people have logs for Wrath.

Currently out of that 410k population at the lowest CR:

2s there is only 11k people on the ladder.

5s there is only 6.5k people on the ladder

3s there is only 7.8k people on the ladder.

Total people on the ladder: 14,311 people out of 410,000 participating in Wrath Arena which is less than 5% of the total player base playing games at any given time.

This means that Wrath along with TBC are both the lowest participated Arena seasons , even going lower than Shadowlands.

We’re only 3 weeks into Wrath and even on Mega Servers it is getting very hard to find pugs, most people are raidlogged due to faceroll PvE content and there’s hardly anyone leveling alts due to no RDF so people are not entering into Arena as often and the scene is slowly stagnating.

I think it’s going to be a RIP for Wrath PvP boys.

15 Likes

Wrath is pure trash.

Can Q in to people but can’t Q with people cross server.

I had a level one on Sulfuras, went to boost a character there to play with friends, deleted the level 1 and tried to make a character.

“You can’t create characters on a locked server without previous characters.”

So I tried to restore the level 1 I just realize I shoudn’t have deleted.

“You can’t restore characters under level 10”

Like what in the **** is this game i’m trying to play.

I can’t play with my friends because they’re on a different server and I can’t even make a character on their server because the game is just a joke.

The lack of accessibility has basically already killed arena. You can’t play the game unless you’re on a specific server and now apparently you just aren’t even allowed to make characters on that server. Pay $15 dollars a month and blizzard says “Na you don’t get to play because we feel like it.”

21 Likes

Classic Andys mald at the idea of Cross Server or RDF, idk why but the community is a case study on how to speedrun a game to losing as many players as possible in a short period of time.

Also the balance is Wrath is so dumb, it’s so PvE gear dependant that it’s not even funny. Like the PvE is braindead to begin with, but it favors RNG so the dude with the luckiest drops or can swipe for the most gold in GDKPs is about to hit you like a truck with minimal skill.

Idk, I got super hyped for the PvP but it’s been really bad so far lol and seeing the actual player numbers just confirms how i’ve been feeling.

5 Likes

Kinda hard to replicate classic wow era when you’re missing 10 million players or w/e :grinning:

38 Likes

Yeah this is so true, it legit feels so empty. The only way I ever get to experience Wrath arena is watching the usual Retail arena streamer’s clickbait videos on wrath lmao, I think to myself how nice a streamer’s life is that they have a steady group of people to queue with and they never have to deal with a dead pug scene like us.

3 Likes

it hasn’t even been a month lol

5 Likes

I know, I was just as shocked when I waited 2 hours in LFG chat spamming for a single Hpala partner.

Over the course of this week I straight up couldn’t find anyone reliable enough to keep queueing with, I was almost the point of just playing a healer myself but tbh even at low CR the games are so incredibly sweaty due to how deflated it is that it makes sense why the average Classic player doesn’t really want to stray away from their PvE 2 mechanic content to try and PvP.

1 Like

The API for reporting arenas is currently not working for Faerlina or Benediction. Zero of the stats for the two largest PvP servers are able to have data pulled, trust me… there’s A LOT more people playing then that.

2 Likes

Even if the website is wrong you can see the total people on the ladder just by being at the lowest CR as that shows you the total people cross realm queueing.

“Real” WotLK only had about ~8% participation so this is roughly where the numbers should be when you account for people still leveling/gearing.

3 Likes

What are the people still leveling/gearing going to do? They are so far behind the curve that they’ll get stomped out even at the lowest CR brackets.

Suffer through the initial gearing period like in Shadowlands or wait for Dragonflight. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

4 Likes

Na, that shows you the total people in the pool of players queueing that still doesn’t include Faer/Bene players.

The majority of long time pvpers are on those 2 realms, with a few on fresh start Skyfury. This includes a large portion of retail glad/R1 players, and ALL the streamer fanboys and fangirls that followed them to their servers.

What are you talking about? IF.Pro might’ve not updated but your in-game ranking that shows you the ones in the pool includes all the active people in that bracket cross-server including Bene and Faer.

Take a screenshot of the in-game ranking? No clue what you are talking about

1 Like

I would guess most people doing Classic are doing it for raid nostalgia, or to go be a world player in a game that still feels mildly competitive to quest in.

probably just enjoying more put together classes tbh

i can’t do without the qol improvements over retail, otherwise i would be playing too

1 Like

If it wasn’t for QoL stuff, I would forever play Vanilla. lol I sincerely miss the game feeling more like a DnD fantasy world.

3 Likes

every post made by this guy is essentially a spin-off of how he doesn’t have any friends

and i honestly can’t imagine why he doesn’t have any friends he’s only annoying as hell, whiney as hell, and almost assuredly dogsh

13 Likes

You did this to yourselves for being weak to nostalgia and peer pressure. Stay on retail in future and stop fracturing our player base by wasting time on classic.

3 Likes