Wow's current REAL issue and why some people are probably unhappy

Hmmm, perhaps not.

Like this forum works like that.

That could concept it’s lost in all game communities everyone is out to compete.

Don’t try to paint this picture that if you change the core gameplay of the game people would suddenly team up with you on raids even if they fail.

You can’t change peoples mentality of how the game is played.

There will always be people to run with because the forums doesn’t even represent a substantial number of people.

In one post you say you hate and then you love it in others.

It’s not lame response it’s an adult response, you don’t like you current job? Find another, you don’t like your boyfriend anymore, leave, you don’t like your ISP, change, it’s called options. Go find some.

The Diablo developers are destroying this game. THEY DON’T understand MMOs at all.

2 Likes

Yes the gaming industry has changed. No it is not because of player expectations. It’s because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Blizzard is making cut backs slowly as to not cause a mass exodus from the game. They are succeeding in this effort and until people actively push against this scummy practice, this game is only going to get worse.

2 Likes

What? Why is it an issue now but was not an issue in literally every other expansion. 7.0 was the first expansion that had issues which they then addressed in 7.2.

There is a huge difference between instant gratification and wanting to do the content you enjoy doing.

1 Like

OP has defined the dev’s position perfectly. They believe that the problem isn’t changes they made in the game to make it more perfectly aligned to their vision of a glorious future of wow. The problem is unrealistic expectations of players, who get upset when they get 10 pieces of unusable gear in a row. They’re supposed to feel like they won the lottery when that 11th piece can be equipped.

Removal then restriction of flight - didn’t happen. Ilvl scaling - didn’t happen. Level scaling - didn’t happen. Having trash gear constantly rain down on you from the sky - it’s a feature, not a bug!

Devs will continue making changes to systems until they have completely converted the game to one which gives players zero options of any sort. And they’ll keep trying to convince us that nothing has changed but the playerbase.

3 Likes

This is, in fact, the core problem.

Do you think that other MMOs function in the same way that WoW does? They don’t. If you were to ask a fan of FFXIV for example, they would likely tell you that you don’t notice grinding because they are so involved with the story and the progression of their character. If you were to ask a fan of ESO you would get much the same answer.

The problem isn’t that WoW is grindy and it always has been. The issue is that their approach to the game is to put in more grind rather than put in content that immerses you in the game so that you don’t notice the grind.

My gut feeling is that Blizzard’s development teams are being directed by a group of non-player personnel whose only interest is income. They aren’t people who have played WoW and know what players really want or need. They are only interested in the bottom line, and in achieving a big profit at the expense of things like payroll. It takes longer to create intricate and involving story-based cotnent. You have to have “brain trusts”, extensive discussions and planning sessions looking at ideas and come up with creative alternatives. You have to organise developer and software people to trial stuff to see how it would work. You have to then organise which ones you want and how to include it in the expansion as a whole. Instead is what they have now is just using similar ideas to what has gone before and changing the settings and graphics.

“World Quests worked fine in Legion, put in more World Quests in Bfa. And they worked fine in BfA, put more of them in Shadowlands.” No real creative input required. The list goes on. Pathfinder, reuse it. Allied races, reuse them. Minimal imagination, just warming up the same menu we had before with different bling attached.

And they assume we cannot see that, which is a tad insulting really.

5 Likes

I heard this very same argument back in WoD, too, and then, as now, I find it AMAZING that my tastes apparently changed in the time between 5.4 and 6.0.

1 Like

Do not forget we had crafting in the first three that was actually worth doing. A BIS item Lionheart was even good thru most of BC.

1 Like

Ignoring specifics to make a generalization that fits your apologist narrative is intellectually dishonest.

But as your OP has done already, you’ll continue the mental gymnastics exhibition until the topic gets buried.

3 Likes

Well, it took 20 minutes just to fly to the quest spot in Icecrown and some of the dailies were pretty hard to solo in the beginning and finding people to help you didn’t work when it was all about jousting mechanics. Remember flying all the way to that lake with the sword maiden? Flying from one end to the other all day long? I don’t remember it being more engaging - just stuff we had to do
slowly, daily, same as this xpac.

Every xpac had its issues that went away once you were geared/grouped/patient.

Oh, gamers have certainly changed in the last 15 years, and not for the better. And it has very little if anything to do with being able to discern and walk away from a low-quality product. It has to do with an all-enveloping culture of negativity that they enjoy bathing in more than any actual games they play.

It has changed.

PvP vendors are gone.

3 Likes

Not if Blizzard continues to double down on these boring grinds.

Show me where I said this please. :slight_smile:

It is a lame response. People are presenting decent feedback about systems THAT DID NOT exist in prior versions of the game, voicing their disgust and you response to them is just quit.

I’m sure Blizzard wouldn’t be to happy with you scaring off their customers.

4 Likes

Actually, by all appearances devs don’t care how many people are driven away by the changes they make. The people who leave will be the people who are bad for the game, the people who stay will be accepting, unquestioningly obedient.

Games have a life cycle. Right now what we’re getting is called “mudwimping”. Google it.

Customers are an inconvenience. They have expectations that interfere with purity of design.

3 Likes

This term mudwimping, I call it a lack of innovation.

Look it up. It really has nothing to do with innovation. It is more about the egos of the designers and their need to force players to play the game right.

1 Like

So
 Don’t? You only lose 75 rep some ap/gold and 50 coalescing visions. It will not make or break anything in the long run, period.