Wow's current REAL issue and why some people are probably unhappy

You’re just as detached from the community as Blizzard is if this is what you think.

To say this game is the same and has not changed in the past 15 years is false.

I don’t believe the playerbase has changed either, some have simply adapted and adopted this modern WoW while others have left or went to Classic.

I think this game is being designed for the new kids on the block who are on their phones gaming or on their tablets gaming and Blizzard wants a piece of the pie.

A lot of these systems in retail remind me of mobile gaming, I bet a big feature in a future expansion is going to be auto pathing to quest or waypoints.

2 Likes

WoW is going to die for the same reason Wildstar did, an obsession with pandering to le hardcores aka le “YoU hAvE tO wOrK fOr It”.

People dont want to spend their limited free time on grinding and doing unfun content just so they can hopefully do the fun content that requires grinding as half or more of your character’s strength comes from outside systems that need grinding.

Meanwhile in swtor i can get full gear within a week, the only grind is the last 10% of the power which isnt a big deal to not have unlike WoW’s essences/corrupted gear/azerite.
And because of that i can enjoy my casual pvp and some dungeons without having to worry about grinds or “is my gear good enough yet”

1 Like

aint a problem for me this is an opinion post

1 Like

You have zero clue what you’re talking about.

4 Likes

Apparently this is some enlightened being and their words are lost on us. I guess we are just too dumb to understand.

2 Likes

The time it takes to do these “dailies” is just nuts. The wq grind was in this regard okay to some degree. It doesn’t mean I like any of them but in this case I’d rather do wqs than the horrible grindy dailies in the assaults.

I’m sure that down the line it’ll be easier to do them mostly due to the power level of people increasing making them less of a chore. Of course that won’t solve the terrible spawn rate of the rares. They must have noticed this during the PTR! I would have preferred if they instead went with a regular WQ approach than these dailies. I don’t know, mechagon and even the naga zone actually worked okay. The assaults do not.

Did you enjoy WoW when the only grind was leveling up and attaining powerful gear?

I think that’s the last time I enjoyed it. MoP specifically.

1 Like

It’s true. The fear of falling behind with the neck and now the cloak grind is real. Sure it won’t affect the majority if people but we all want to progress in some way. I’ve had guildies lose runs in visions because of poor internet connections. It’s just awful. It’s one of those things that they could have done it so much better and less punishing than they did. If you fail because of something completely out of your control that’s 10k coe wasted.

If this were true, why would Classic be popular?

And why would players who have been around since vanilla/BC/Wrath have noticed a marked change in the game design from WoD on?

Nope. The game HAS changed. A lot of smart people around here have detailed the whys and hows of that.

I’m old but I’m not buying the tale that younger players need instant gratification and can’t enjoy a game like WoW if it is done well. I’ve seen very young people crowding game stores buying tabletop RPG supplies. D&D is NOT a fast game, with its note-taking and dice-rolling. I’ve seen twenty-somethings in brew pubs playing all kinds of games, some of which their grandparents enjoyed.

The problem isn’t the players. The problem is BLIZZARD losing the passion and commitment to fun they used to have.

5 Likes

How is this at all true? Le hardcore as you call them, are asking for the grinds to be removed as well. If anything they get shafted the most.

The problem is the daily aspect of EVERYTHING. I hate it because I can’t play everyday, but there are some particular days (once a week) that I know I can play for 8ish hours. Does this matter though? No because I can only get so much rep in that 8 hours. The only HARD work that is required is logging in daily.

To me it’s ridiculous that billy can log in for 1 hour a day and gain more character progression in regards to essences than I can in 10 hours just because he can log in once a day.

Just check this thread and the amount of people defending the grind

There’s many boomer tier people who can’t handle the idea that the world moves on and want grind in the game because muh mmorpgs are about grinding While many mmorpgs these days proves grinding isn’t needed

Lol! I’m sorry but that element of human nature hasn’t changed one bit in my lifetime. And I’m so old I remember when floppy discs were actually floppy. The only thing that has changed is that we each can “hear” more people complaining and this it seems like there is more negativity.

2 Likes

I hate to break it to you, but anyone in your “boomer tier” is well aware that the world moves on. You can’t avoid that truth as you age.

But I don’t think age has anything to do with someone’s tolerance for grinding. It’s just that some people enjoy grinding more than others regardless of age. It’s no different than the different ways people play any game. We just aren’t all the same. Age is the least of it, really.

1 Like

Oh, of course. My bad. :sweat_smile: