Wow's current REAL issue and why some people are probably unhappy

So what you are saying, is that if people don’t enjoy boring grinding for the sake of grinding, they are entitled and lazy gamers?

This mindset cracks me up all the time lol. This idea that MMOs need to be filled with these boring, repeatable slogs in order to be viable is the reason the genre is dying.

The current grinds in WoW at the moment are nothing more than LOW EFFORT crap content, that a rushed development teamed shoveled out the door in order to meet the bean counter’s deadline.

This content is not interesting nor should anyone be proud that they have the tolerance to grind this crap.

Gamers today, are just tired of low effort and garbage content like this and it’s not because they are entitled either.

Modern MMOs copied a lot of systems from the past, but they also destroyed the soul of what made a MMO fun along the way.

This is why MMO gamers are just bored with this content anymore.

It is not entitlement.

4 Likes

Thanks for actually reading my post in full instead of just reading the words " wow hasn’t changed". I mean honestly if that someone’s take away from my OP? They either didn’t read it or didn’t understand it

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying, if you don’t like it don’t play it, there is tons of games out the with no entry barrier and instant gratification way more than any amount of existing MMOs.

That’s the biggest example of player agency.

I like this genre the way it is and I don’t go to the fornite forums trying to convince them to change their game.

That’s something you have to get used to here, many people won’t read something that’s over a handful of sentences. Even my short paragraph will be skipped over by most. I’m not being sarcastic either.

1 Like

This is so wrong on so many levels. MMO gamers what to play the content they like and MMOs were really good at that in the past. MMOs gave you choices in which parts of the game you would participate in. Even WoW being a straight themepark gave players more agency in the past.

Nowadays, you have to ride all the rides in a particular order and you have to ride all of them.

3 Likes

Really? Tell that to the spam complaint threads about wanting everything account-wide and the other spam complain threads about wanting to be able to skip content on alts.

This is just blatantly false.

The game goes in phases with it’s design philosophy, but it’s absolutely changed. At least a couple times throughout the years.

And this is only talking on a macro scale.

If you get into the details, the game changes EVERY expansion. BfA and Legion share a TON of systems and the same general design philosophy, and yet, BfA has a ton of issues that Legion did not have, because things work differently.

I know this wasn’t really your point, but I don’t feel like it should be glossed over like you tried to do.

3 Likes

I’m sure you guys would have a fit is you realize the root of MMOs was nowhere near as friendly as you make it.

Would you like losing progression and levels on death? Or only being able to loot azhara if you were too DPS? Effectively locking everyone out of loot for not being top dps?

Yeh those were 90s MMOs you want that back?

There is barely any player agency left in modern WoW though. Plus grinding can be a fun task too. I don’t think players are complaining about the time it takes really, it is the content itself is boring.

I hate the grinds in modern WoW, the content is probably the most boring crap I have ever seen put into an MMO.

On the other hand, I play Ark Survival, probably one of the most punishing grinds you can experience in a gaming and I love every second of it, because it is fun.

You can try to spin it all you want, about modern MMOs need boring and lackluster grinds in order to stay viable, but I’m telling you, if they don’t innovate here, this genre is going to die.

The older games can and still get away with it, because they have actual communities in those games, something modern WoW killed along time ago.

4 Likes

Who cares if they want to skip that content on their alts. They already suffered through it on their mains. Wouldn’t it make more sense for Blizzard to just let people be happy and play their alts?

I swear modern WoW has some of the most boring MMO gamers playing it these days. I swear you guys are a bunch of masochists.

3 Likes

Nope. I don’t even play other games. This game has deteriorated due to the lack of player agency. This dev team has a “My way or the highway” attitude about how you play. They still can’t balance the game, despite removing everything from talents, to extra sockets on gear, to stat sticks, to profession perks, to sigils, to many customization features. Then they remove vendors, especially pvp vendors that prevent you from even being able to choose the gear you want. That’s why I’m currently un-subbed. Maybe the Classic crew will get on making BC servers, bc retail is a declining product.

2 Likes

If you hate it don’t play it how hard is it understand? It’s like being in abusive relationship l, stuff has changed and you are clinging. Let go

the disconnection with the player base and seemingly no way to communicate with us is the issue.

from our point of view, we have put forward things like PVP vendors, account wide essences ect. alot and have been ignored

from the ActiBlizz point of view any time they come to the forums they immediately get flamed and chased off which is partially the reason they are not hearing the messages.

in short, ActiBlizz needs to change in its communication but there is a certain amount of responsibility we as a community need to take if we want to have an open dialogue with them

it’s a tough fix and I dont have the answers…

Well, this goes back to my original comment that you said was “so wrong on so many levels”.

How do you know we “lost” them? Maybe we just can’t find them in their new location?

3 Likes

Those games had very strong communities though. People didn’t really care about the grinding and how hardcore it was, because they were having fun with their friends. This concept is kind of lost on many modern WoW players.

You know the old saying. “It’s not where you are at or what you are doing that makes for having a good time, it is the people you with that make things fun”

And you comment on all of them. If you’re happy with the state of the game, why aren’t you playing it instead of hanging out on the forums criticizing players who don’t like the state of the game?

Are you a Blizzard employee?

Are you being paid to post?

6 Likes

I expect a professional to be able to deal with people who are unhappy with their decisions. They get paid to produce this game, if their little feelings are so tender that they can’t take honest (or dishonest) criticism of their work product in stride, I seriously hope they never try to get a job coding anything but a heavily protected game.

They would not last 1 day.

2 Likes

Let’s say you have a goose that lays golden eggs at a rate of 1 per week. You try and force the goose to lay more eggs but the goose only has so many eggs that it can lay, plus as it gets older it’s not as fast in laying the eggs. So you try to reduce costs by feeding it less and with cheaper food so you make more per egg. In the end goose dies since it cannot get enough nutrition from its new diet.

2 Likes

Oddly enough, I see you in almost all of them too.

:woman_shrugging:

I would be if I were in the US right now.

Would it matter if I was?

Are you being paid to stir unrest and let us know how bad and dead the game is?